Rating of Toyota Innova Crysta

Sachin Saxena
for 2.8 GX AT
On: Nov 11, 2016 | 1341 Views

Precursor:

I was having a Tata Safari since 2008.

We are a joint family and hence Safari was not able to serve purpose of all family members travelling in comfort.

So we planned to purchase a 7/8 seater MUV/SUV, preferably an AT one.

Note: No Tata/Mahindra vehicles were considered due to my prior experience with them, specially w.r.t to niggles and after sales service.

-------------------------------

Evaluation phase:

My initial budget was around 14-15 lacs so within that I checked out Maruti Ertiga, Honda BRV and Renault Lodgy.

Lodgy was quickly eliminated due to it's bland looks, non-sliding 2nd row and thin service network of Renault.

Ertiga was best VFM here but my family didn't like it somehow and we ended up booking a BRV petrol automatic.

Honda dealer promised delivery within 4-6 weeks.

However, as luck would have it, there was limited supply of automatic model due to which even after 1 month my dealer was now not committing any time frame for delivery.

Out of curiosity, we went to check out new Innova Crysta.

Though my family had always liked previous Innova due to it's practicality, we had omitted it earlier due to budget constraints.

Disclaimer: I already own a Toyota Etios and have been a happy customer of Toyota.

Upon seeing new Crysta every one in my family immediately gave it a thumbs up - from looks to interiors to performance, everything was atleast one step up from previous one.

--------------------------------

Booking and delivery:

Our initial issue of budget was still there as even Innova Crysta Gx AT version was around 18.5 lacs OTR.

But seeing such a good product we decided to stretch our budget as we plan to keep the vehicle for long term.

So finally we booked 8 seater Innova Crysta Gx AT variant (in AvantGarde Bronze colour). Dealer promised delivery within 4-6 weeks.

Few days later our dealer called us stating they had Silver and Garnet Red colour in stock and we can take immediate delivery if we like.

We went and checked out those colours and decided to pick up silver one.

So finally our Innova was delivered to us on 24-Jul and overall experience with the dealer was good.

---------------------------------

Experience so far post delivery:

I have driven around 3000 kms since then and can list out following pros and cons.

Pros:

Good exterior design, compared to older one

Nice all black interiors

3 airbags, ABS, EBD as standard even in base variant

Loaded with features (though Gx variant is pretty bland)

Very powerful engine with AT

Excellent drive-ability due to wide torque band and almost nil turbo lag

Space (same as old one)

Eco and Power modes - they do perform as name suggests

Powerful AC

Cons:

Pricey

Steering is a bit heavy at low speeds, but not a deal breaker

5k kms / 6 months service interval, which is too short (though it's just a checkup, actual service is done every 10k kms), but still you need to visit service centre to maintain warranty.

Driving Innova is pretty easy as it's dynamics are almost like car like. I can feel vast difference as I use to drive Safari earlier.

In the limited time I have driven it, mileage I got is as below

Within city (with AC): 10-11 kmpl, moderate to heavy traffic

On highway (with AC): 14 kmpl

Initial service of 1k kms is done but that was just a general checkup.

Overall conclusion:

Innova Crysta is the best 7 seater luxury MUV in the market today.

With Toyota's reliability and after sales service, the package becomes even better.

It's one car you just can't go wrong with.

Other Innova Crysta Reviews

• S
    Surendra Yadav
    for 2.4 VX MT 8S
    On: May 18, 2016 | 60434 Views

Toyota Innova Crysta: 3-Day Review

I bought my Toyota Innova Crysta VX MT 2.4 four days ago. I have been driving it around my city and wanted to sh...Read More

• S
    SAMRAT PATEL
    for 2.8 ZX AT
    On: Jun 16, 2016 | 27664 Views

Air cutting noise comes from front window

Hi all, I request you all not to buy any of the Innova Crysta models because I have recently bought a 2.8ZX AT a...Read More

• V
    Vijyant Jain
    for 2.4 VX MT
    On: Jul 22, 2016 | 14935 Views

Inferior quality material used

Dear Friends, Like many others I was a loyal Toyota customer who already had a very good experience of owning a ...Read More

• G
    Gur Preet Singh
    for 2.8 ZX AT
    On: Mar 17, 2017 | 1341 Views

Toyota Innova Crysta 2.8Z a car not to buy.

Hi I am Gurpreet from Dhanbad, Jharkhand. I had bought toyota Innova Crysta 2.8Z AT in october 2016. At the time...Read More

• K
    KABIR BAHREE
    On: Nov 26, 2016 | 10293 Views

A dream that comes true...

Each car needs to meet certain requirements to achieve the title of "Premium" and definitely the Innova ...Read More

Toyota Innova Crysta Further Research