Expected more from Toyota at this price.

• Appearance

Pros : Mileage, Style, good space in rear

Cons : Poor insulation (Noise), Diesel engine sound. bland interiors

I brought on June 2011 and drove around 3000km so far (Hyderabad, AP mainly). I brought the car just for its brand value and an alternative to Swift Desire which is all pervasive. Look and Style This probably scores over boxy/odd looking Maruthi Swift. This isn't a head turner but a decent looking Comfort There is no foot rest or even space for left leg. No hand rest either. Gives a cheap interior look. Come on Toyota..even santhro.Wagnor has left leg rest. Why not for 7 lakh Toyota ?? This is big disappointment. The seats are not bucket like and less comfy. Strain on long drives Slam the doors, you will hate the sound. Plastics not upscale. just average Boot space is good around 600 liters but frankly I don't that much. I am not a cab driver. Pickup This is good as it is a 1.5L engine and has a good Torque. Mileage This is best part of the car. I got around 13km/ltr with A/C in city and 15km on highway Best Features Decent mileage for its size. Good Torque. So fun to drive. Good space for rear passengers. Style is good if not a beauty queen. The car suspension is great. This is plus for our bumpy roads. You get Toyota at Swift price. Good value offering baring the negative aspects I pointed here. Needs to improve Engine sound not that quiet and smooth. (I brought Toyota for its noise free engine. Just drive any Toyota in USA. Toyota is known for no-noise engine). The car engine sound feels like DIESEL car not a petrol car. I pray it gets smoother with more mileage. The insulation is Terrible. This is the worst part of the car. The engine and road/tire gets into the car. I hate the subtle tractor like engine sound getting into the cabin even at city speeds. I don't hear this sound even in 10 yr old Maruthi 800.  At higher speeds > 100km , the traction is not great with car being very lightweight (900kg). When you start the car, the whole body vibrates. Turn on A/C, the engine raise noise like a cry baby. You don't expect this on a 1.5 liter decent engine. The doors should have better grip. We don't want a cheap Toyota ! Overall Experience Ok but not Great. Toyota is world class brand and I expected similar standards. I am not a car mechanic but the engine may be good in long run. Let us see. I still have trust in Toyota reliability. I wouldn't have minded paying additional 50,000 for basic features like better insulation, left leg comfort and a basic hand rest. The cost cutting on the interiors is apparent but atleast Toyota should have improved these features on the higher variants within Etios.

Comments Toyota Etios 2010-2012
  • rkjain |10 Aug,2011 11:42:07 AM

Toyota should have introduced the Automatic transmission version atleast in Sedan as this is 1500 cc., as now a days to drive in Metro Cities is very tiresome and it would have been a great relief and by paying Rs.50000/-60000/ extra you could have owned it.

sunil |11 Aug,2011 01:24:28 PM

Absolutely...I feel i got arthritis after driving in this crazy traffic

• vinay |17 Aug,2011 03:56:12 PM

its very useful comment if they improve this suggestions definitely nobody can beat toyota etios in India its good looking and made for middle class peoples so toyoto has to improve Etios Sedan

Toyota Etios 2010-2012 review scorecard