Skoda Rapid, a perfect sedan at such low price

By for Skoda Rapid from New Delhi 2011-11-21 12:57:33.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Decent price tag,superb exterior looks and class leading interiors.

Cons : Too early to comment.

Look and Style I am looking to buy a new sedan car, as I am big fan of sedan cars. Recently I got a chance to test drive the all new Skoda Rapid. After its test run I feel it would be the best replacement to my old car. Car looks stylish and aggressive from the exterior and provides a class leading feeling from the inside. Comfort According to me car offers a comfortable ride and has spacious interior. Headroom and legroom space also add feathers to the comfort of the car. Height adjustable headrest are also available in the car. An armrest is also provided for the driver side as well as in the middle of rear seats. Automatic climate control, electronically adjustable ORVM's also add in the functionality of the car. Pickup I was amazed with its pickup as the car accelerates to 100 in few seconds. The automatic gear system in the petrol car further enhances its usability. Mileage As per company norms car offers a mileage of about 14 Kilometers a litre, I feel with this power one cannot demand for better, but I would prefer diesel variant of the car which delivers an impressive mileage of around 16 Kmpl. Best Features The car is endowed with terrefic exterior looks and class leading interiors. Some of the advance features like ABS with EBD make its braking system one of the best in the class. Needs to improve Automatic transmission gearbox should be placed in the diesel variants of Rapid too. Overall Experience  Vehicle looks superb with its overall exterior design, but rear side needs more effort from engineers. Stylish and class leading interiors along with excellent power further improves its usability.

• Gaurav Agrawal |23 Nov,2011 09:56:36 PM

this is a copy of VENTO, interiors are exactly same as in vento. so, nothing new in the car, same 1.6 engine, almost same side and rear view, same features and ol. only the front view is different from vento and that too is fabia look.

ravi |28 Nov,2011 10:32:22 PM

skoda ka naam hi kafi hai

sumit |21 Apr,2012 10:17:19 PM

Bhai skoda ke samne volkwagen kuch bhi nahi hai , skoda ka to naam hi kafi hai

Gaurav Agrawal |21 Apr,2012 10:54:42 PM

Guys let me tell u something which u guys might not be knowing. Skoda is itself a brand of VOLKSWAGEN GROUP.. So i would say VOLKSWAGEN ke samne skoda kahi nhi h.

• samir |24 Nov,2011 11:08:09 AM

Agree, diseal should come a automatic variant, very necessary for our context..

• shyam |24 Nov,2011 11:09:18 AM

Automatic version with petrol is good, I too am looking for automatic diseal.

• M P M RAO |24 Nov,2011 10:21:23 PM

Dear Ms. Ranijee, Which one have you test driven? Diesel or Petrol version? How was suspension comfort? How was handling in traffic? Was shifting of gears often required? Was the Multifunction Display (if it was there in the car you drove) sensible and useful? Regards.

• aamir |25 Nov,2011 04:45:24 PM

Hello All...I am planning to buy newly launched SKODA RAPID bt m scared coz itz recently launched so nt sure abt itz performance so kindly help me out

Isravel |18 May,2012 11:41:41 AM

I purchased Skoda rapid. Nice car. Good performance. Decent mileage. Good built. Only Appollo tyres like this price range car is bad. Little bit noisy engine in the starting position but in the running you will not feel it. Only major drawback is Rear suspension, they need improve a lot. Ofcorse no doubt thee worst pre sale and after sale service. Isravel

• KarthikRam |28 Nov,2011 02:57:05 AM

Hello RAPID owners, how good is the Service of Skoda, how good is the resale value of Skoda?

• manu |06 Dec,2011 08:43:53 AM

it is not best priced in this segment. nissan sunny is much less in price and handing.

• d.r.sharma |22 Dec,2011 05:41:01 PM

I am planning to shortly buy a sedan (petrol manual) which gives me value of money, performance,sturdy, satisfactory ground clearnce and off course good after sale service. Skoda Rapid seems to be suitable though I would like to do some more research and read users reviews before I make up mind. I have Verna Fluidic and Honda City also in mind but not decided yet.

• sumit |06 Jan,2012 02:29:39 PM

verna fluidic is the best

M P M RAO |14 Jan,2012 10:39:10 PM

I am not sure if Verna fluidic diesel is better than Skoda Rapid diesel in performance. I test drove Verna twice, it may have many features, but I felt Skoda leads in performance, handling and driveability hands down. You would love driving Skoda Rapid diesel. In mileage area also, recently Skoda Rapid consumed only 9.25 litres diesel for our 210 KM trip (tank full to tank full in the same petrol Bunk) with partly A.C. on, 80% on Highway and 20% in small towns.

• Ravindran |16 Mar,2012 08:39:20 PM

I am using skoda rapid for the last 3 months. I enjoy the car. Its value for money. I get 15 KMs per litre of diesel in Chennai city and 18 kms per litre on the highways.

• doc |29 Mar,2012 12:54:23 PM

Can anyone tell me skoda rapid petrol version experiences......mileage and other features compared to diesel. Looking forward to book one.

• John Sharma |18 May,2012 05:52:57 PM

I am thinking of buying Rapid, however not sure about the mileage & maintenance cost. I seek this info from the owners of rapid. pls help to understand.

• KARAN VERMA |22 Jul,2012 12:40:47 AM

i am planning 2 buy a sedan confused between rapid and nissan sunny desiel...plz tell me which one is best in overall performance features and price.

• viswa |21 Nov,2012 09:26:44 AM

HI Guys am a newbee to this forum .....i am planning to buy skoda rapid this month diesel variant....wat are all factors i shud consider for going tio be skoda user....please kindly shre ur thoughts..Mny thanks