My NISSAN SUNNY

By for Nissan Sunny from bangalore 2012-01-08 18:24:54.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Plenty of space and comfort

Cons : Pick up to say is just sufficient

Look and Style I and all my friends and family liked it.It looks much better in person than in photoes. Comfort This was the major criteria for selecting the car after living with a humble M800 for almost 11 years. I had considered and test drovel petrol models of Etios, Honda City , SX4, Manza and I20. My rating is Manza=120=Sunny and Etios comes next. The Citys seats are good but the ride is bumpy on uneven roads and due to poor ground clearance scrapped all the speed breakers in my area.SX4 is the least comfortable among the above cars Pickup Sunny's pick up is just sufficient. It is certainly adequate and I felt no differance with A/c switched on. But at the same time  lacks the enthusiasm of the CIty (wow..ivtec) and even the Etios (lighter car) . Manza is the worst in this aspect and immediately taken out of our buying list.I20's pick up is almost same as the Sunny but  reported poor A/C and stearing rattling worried us. Sx4 's pick up is not at all sufficient for its weight and the interior is the worst among these cars. Reversing is a pain and also the reported high  fuel consumption.Its biggest advantage is its ground clearance but lags behind in every other departments and deleted from the list Mileage I drove the car for around 900 km thro all possible terrains (city 20%,highway 50% and the remaining 30% through ghats, hills and all type of other roads that we can find in the western ghats during the last couple of weeks. The mileage I am getting is 13.9 kmpl with A/C 30% of the time.Drove sedately and never crossed 110km as the car is in running in periode. Above 60% of the drive (time wise) spent was on hilly and rough roads and most of the time the car was in 3rd gear or lower (under 50km speed). Through the same route I was getting 16kmpl for my M800. I expect the sunny to give 15-16kmpl after the running in. Best Features Sunny XL has all the concievable features minus fog lamps , alloy wheels adjustable seat belts. I was not cosidering a car without safety features like ABS and air bags. Needs to improve A little more pick up will do no harm and also the gear shifting is not the best, it is notchy ,puticularly from 4th to 5th. The interior colour scheme is little boring with what they call the ' griege'. Overall Experience We were looking for a cofortable ,spacious and reliable petrol car ( annual intermittant usage of 3000 to 5000 km) which can take us  through all sort of roads (not off road). Nissan is a world renound auto giant. Sunny met our requirements and took the plunge. With this short time of experiance I must say I am happy with my decision though the buying experiance was really bad and not receiving a single call from the Nissan customer care even after sending e-mail message to them. This is a worrying factor. This must be the reason for the sagging sales of Nissan MoM.Nissan, are you listening?

• vijayaraghavan |09 Jan,2012 11:48:13 AM

Did you face any problem with dealer service?

• Mathews |09 Jan,2012 12:59:45 PM

The first service is at 10000km or 6 months which ever comes first so not availed any services.And of course, I didnt face any problem during my ownership and about 900km of drive. But I had been to the service centre a couple of times and met the service personal.They are very friendly, helpful and very confident about Sunny. They gave me their personal contact numbers and offered their help if needed at any time of the day.I felt very happy with their attitude.I had been to their service bays. They are well equiped.

Amit |11 Jan,2012 08:52:40 PM

I own a Sunny too and have a fantastic experience from Shahwar Nissan Service team. Had some nagging problem with my brakes and all that was needed was a call to get the whole team assembled.

Ritesh Madhok |05 May,2012 12:05:07 PM

Having powered with a 1498 cc engine, Nissan Sunny proves it to be one of the top performing cars and outpaces many in the C segment with its rich look and driving comfort. Congratulations to you on buying the caaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrr Cheers!!! :)

• raj |09 Jan,2012 03:17:51 PM

hey buddy its kk that u compare etios,i20 with your sunny............but city,sx4 donot lies in this segment.............their segment is another..hhahahaha

Tijo |11 Jan,2012 10:19:08 AM

let it compered with other cars, irrespective to segment.

Ritesh Madhok |23 Apr,2012 02:07:44 PM

As the Nissan sunny is a C segment Sedan, so it is competing with the likes of Swift Dzire, Toyota Etios, Skoda Rapid, Volkswagen Vento etc. else comparing it to the upgraded segment cars would lead us to an impractical conclusion. Hope you understand it.

• K.SREENIVASARAO |06 Feb,2012 02:37:34 PM

I am fully satisfied with the Nissan Sunny XL.However no customer care / dealer has not enquired about the performance of the vehicle.I noticed some times the braking is giving noise and overall vehicle is good in terms of driving experience compared with MarutiSwift. They have to improve the braking system and interior colors. The Honda city's interior is superb and looks also good compare with Nissan Sunny XL.

Mathews |06 Feb,2012 09:18:04 PM

I am also happy with my sunny XL.There is no breaking noise in my car but the brake pedal action take some time to get used to.I too surprised with Nissan . After almost two months of ownership and there are no calls from neither Nissan nor the dealer. They are too confident of the product or dont care.

krishna |23 Feb,2012 05:42:14 PM

Hello, very good review, i am planning to go for Nissan sunny, tested other cars like, Etios, vento, Ford fiesta. From the look wise sunny look better for me. Just wanted to know regarding the milage and over all experience from your side. thanks in advance. regards krishna

Mathews |29 Feb,2012 07:03:39 PM

Dear Rajesh, Thanks for the comment.The car I own is a petrol one.Recent times I didnt drive the car much and it just completed 1200km.I am getting an average of aprox 11 to 12 kmpl in city at very slow trafic and also very short trip of 6 to 12 km per trip.I am taking it out only once or twice in a week.Highway it is giving 13 to 14 kmpl. I expect it to improve after the running in.I am very satisfied with the 'caaar' till now.

• Gowtham Saran D |14 May,2012 11:27:20 PM

Hi everybody, I have personally test driven twice,once with parents and next time with my brother.First i have visited nissan showroom for sunny.MY parents refused to come because they only relay on dzire.I have requested them to visit once.At first visit itself sunny admires my parents.very huge,comfortable,good looking beast attracted my family.They all of a sudden requested for test drive.Since it was sunday first they refused to give test drive(no company giving test drive on sundays).But after seeing our enthusiasm,they aggreed for test drive. After test drive my family decided to buy sunny.After that we convinced my brother and visited showroom along with him.He stunned by looks and admired.First time all of my family members had single though of bring back home the lovable beast sunny. Waiting eagerly for its arrival..........

Mathews |19 May,2012 07:19:13 PM

Hi Gowtham Congratulations on your decision. Sunny is a wonderful value for money car. I am stating this after six months of ownership and driving it for 3000 km.