Nissan Sunny has manufacturing defects and no after sales service

By for Nissan Sunny 2011-2013 from Mumbai 2011-11-15 17:33:32.0
  • Appearance

I bought a Nissan Sunny XV and the engine shut down twice which creeps me out every time. I've had issues with the push start ignition which the service station is unable to identify. The dealer Ichibaan Nissan is pathetic not only cuz of the problems I faced while buying the car but also for its after sales service. The company is now making me run from one place to another to get this problem sorted. Overall, its been less than a month and Nissan Sunny is absolutely pathetic!! I just want people to know about this so that they also don't get duped like me!

• umesh gambhir |19 Nov,2011 02:55:51 PM

dear ashwani , i am absolutely agreed with you that nissan sunny has no after sales back up and they are never concernedd with their customers after they sell the cars (BEY CAARS) to them. i think we all the buyers to be united and sue the company to give them their BEYCAARS back to them and take back our hard earned money, as it happens in other countries, we should jointly go to the consumer courts and also publish the same in media.that others should not be cheated by them.

• ss |20 Nov,2011 10:50:01 AM

what is ur milage coming out to be??? please reply thank you...

• Sridhar Coimbatore |23 Nov,2011 11:11:19 PM

Oh!!!!! my god wit out reading ur reviews i bought Sunny, but its running fine,so far i hav done 1600km and its giving superb mileage in city bumper to bumper traffffic am getting around 15.5km per lit.

sanidhya |04 Feb,2012 01:59:51 PM

what about open roads??????

MATHEWS |19 Feb,2012 12:45:04 PM

DearSridhar, Please give us your experiance so far with the Sunny

lmlm |28 Feb,2012 05:04:10 PM

good to hear that and plz tell other maintainance costs plz

• jayachandran |30 Nov,2011 03:11:46 PM

dear Ashwin, Ihave not understood what you mean to say, if the vechile shuts down did it start again. if so after what interval of time, what are the other problems you are facing, because iam thinking of buing one, if u say it is risky, than it is better to go with fiat engines which are considered the best or may be skoda rapid, ur view in the matter.

• puspal |27 Jan,2012 04:30:25 PM

i hav sunny nissan evthng is fine ecpt gear is not free and milege i am getting 10.4 in city

sanidhya |04 Feb,2012 01:37:13 PM

does it give good milege on open roads??????

aaron carlo |17 Sep,2012 10:05:02 PM

is it petrol or diesel............

• sanidhya |04 Feb,2012 01:38:30 PM

does anyone know nath nissan????? is it ok to buy a car from there

• Venkat |02 Apr,2012 11:21:37 AM

SUnny has the following problems - SLuggish pick up - Rubbery gear box and not easy to operate or change gears - poor braking - takes more time and distance to come to stop - not safe - Pathetic after sales service - Nissan's high handed attitude towards customers of You are privileged to buy a Nissan product - Not very comfortable drive on bad roads due to avergae suspension - Noise levels are higher - No great features compared to similar cars Good points are - Spacious car - Bright interiors - Good leg room in the rear

ladooo |11 Sep,2012 10:34:27 PM

hmmm... with your observation ...to suit your requirement .... buy a second hand omni van...yeah!

• Milind |19 Jun,2012 05:49:07 PM

I am using the XV diesel version for past 3 months. Done 10k Km so far. I have not faced any problems. On one occassions had to apply brakes very hard on an oil spillage, it worked extremely well. Rather vehicle behind me could not control and bumped. Even I found the service back up upto the mark, probably there are no issues with the car. Mileage 19 for city and H-Way drive. I presume good.

• jim |24 Jul,2012 08:16:03 PM

till now i hav no issues with sunny xl....easy drive ,gud space,gud pick up,gud mileage...19.5 average....problems are 1)interior not gud(but think its coast...a sedan for 8.8 lakh(calicut) on road),some problem with reverse gear.

• augustine |20 Dec,2012 07:47:17 AM

Guys...anyone having a braking problem..coz m facing a dump sound from the brake nd company is not able to sort it out if any of u guys had this problem plse tell me what u peple did to get ridd......

Shubham |10 Apr,2013 01:07:53 PM

I have sunny XL Petrol for a year now. No problems till few weeks back i started to notice a creeking sound as soon as i push the breaks. The serivce centre told me that it is a problem with the Sunny and has been reported to Nissan. Don't know how much of it is true !! Still the break works but with a sound that makes me feel that i am riding a city bus !! :(

James |29 May,2013 12:25:17 AM

I am also getting a sound from my sunny. It looks like a sound of Bus on braking. This is due to dust in brake pads. Service center cleaned it free of cost in 2 hours. It is coming againg. It is not practical to go service center always.

• Vikash Sekhani |25 May,2013 07:00:25 PM

Same problem with my car and no one is there to listen to you. Worst car.

• Ronnie |09 Jun,2013 11:24:55 AM

My Sunny XE (Petrol) is now 6 months old. From the above I can related to two problems. 1. Poor after sales service by Petal Nissan like most other Nissan dealers across India. 2. Second, the brake problem. I am also getting a creeking sound in the brakes. Plus during turning on polished road surfaces like those in the mall parking area again I get the creeking sound. The braking is also a little slow. Nissan has actually given out a product recall for it's car for a problem with brake technology. They are replacing the brake cylinder for around 22k cars so might as well check it out with your dealer. I am in process of doing so. Mileage is erratic for me some times it gives 10.4 sometimes around 14 in the city. This is mostly with my AC always being on. Highways I have got a mileage of between 16 - 18. I drove on zig zag highways through mountains and was getting an average of 15 - 16 with my AC on. So can't complaint much about mileage. But the biggest USP of this car, the space. I am just in love with the amount of space this car has on offer. Be it the boot space or the leg room for driver, co driver and passengers in the back seat. We recently did a 1000 km journey and all of us were so comfortable no sweat and no stress.

• ram |19 Jul,2013 10:46:56 PM

im gng to buy xl model nissan sunny pls gve urs exprince feed back

• Bhanu Pratap Singh Kushwah |25 Sep,2013 01:55:33 PM

Dear Ronnie , i am absolutely agreed with you that Nissan Sunny Dealers has no proper service after sales back up and they are never concerned with their customers after they sell the cars (BEY CAARS) to them. I have bought my car in April. i think we all the buyers to be united and sue the company to give them their BEYCAARS back to them and take back our hard earned money, as it happens in other countries, we should jointly go to the consumer courts and also publish the same in media.that others should not be cheated by them.

• Bhanu Pratap Singh Kushwah |25 Sep,2013 01:59:21 PM

I have purchaged a SUNNY NISSAN car (Reg. No. UP-32- EU- 1718) on dated 13.04.2013 from your Dealer DREAM NISSAN M/ S Beeaar Autowheels India Pvt. Ltd. Opp.Air Broadcasting Station , Faizabad Road, Chinhut, Lucknow-227105. Since the first service i am facing problems in availability of spare parts. i) Fuel filter was not available at the Dealership in first service and after pursuing for 20 days and complain on customer service we could resolve the issue, till then vehicle was unused. ii) In the next incident clutch bearing snapped and i had to wait for 9 days again to get the vehicle on Road. iii) After the change of bearing there was a oil leakage, which was shown to the service adviser at the workshop before collecting the vehicle. However unavailability of spare part has again kept the vehicle unused at home. Regular followups have failed to procure the spare part and Dealership is ( Mr. Praveen Contact Nos- 09554962300) acknowledging that there is a problem in spare part procurement which is causing the delay. I fail to understand that have I bought such an expensive vehicle to keep at my door step and not use the same.

• Taral Shah |12 Nov,2013 02:10:33 PM

I completely agree with you. I too have same problem and my starter mal functioned 4 times in last 1.5 month. The after sales service is worst. Nissan call center or Email Support is not able to help. The technical team can not identify the issue and keep replacing part (starter) which becomes malfunctioning in just 3-4 days. For me its Central Nissan from Ahmedabad.

• A Frustrated Owner of Nissan Sunny |05 Dec,2013 11:17:11 AM

I bought nissan sunny xv diesel top end model in 2012. Initially it worked fine and I was quite happy with the car. The horror started after I got my car serviced for the first time, Faulty brakes...always make creeky sound ...even after replacing brake pads for several time (Thrice in one year)and the dealer charging it in service(Rs 2800) each time and still the brakes are faulty. And now , suddenly on a fine monday morning, the car refused to start. The automatic ignition is not working and the car is not taking self. Thats when I checked out on the internet and found lots of users are facing similar problems. What I could figure is , it could be the clutch bearing which might have been broken.Overall, a very baaaaaaaaaaaad car and pathetic after sales services. Its just 20000 kms that I have run this vehicle and faced major problems with starting and braking.Dealers are looting customers...there is no where you can escalate the issue,no email ids you can mail to.....F**K you nissan.