Rating of Mahindra KUV 100 2016-2017

Mileage very less than claimed figure

r
rahim
for mFALCON G80 K8
On: Jul 02, 2016 | 41245 Views

I am feeling cheated and betrayed by Mahindra. I purchased the Mahindra KUV100 K8 Diesel on 2/4/2016. Many of my friends told that I am making a terrible mistake by choosing Mahindra KUV100 over the Maruti Suzuki Dzire. But I ignored their suggestions, although, among my buddies, two of my friends are owing Mahindra cars. I thought that if the company is claiming 25.32 kmpl at least, I will get 20 to 21 kmpl on the highway and 19 to 20 kmpl in city driving conditions. From the 3rd day after I purchased the KUV100, I started realizing why my friends were saying like that. On the 3rd day, I had to go out of town for some work. So I filled the fuel tank entirely. I started noticing that car was consuming more fuel than what company promised. When I refilled the tank, I calculated that I got 16.6kmpl. I complained to Mahindra showroom associate for that, and he told me that I would start getting at least 20 kmpl mileage after 1st service. But after the first service, I noticed that mileage of my car had gone down. When  I checked for mileage of car according to Mahindra User Manual, I was shocked because of the average what I am getting was 10-13 kmpl in city and 15-16 kmpl on the highway. So I complained to the service centre, and they asked me to come on 2/7/2017 for mileage check. Average check test result and details are below.

Service Centre: Sheetal Motors, Bopal Road , Ahmedabad

(Car mileage verified by Mahindra associate as per company norms)

Tank : Full( before test & after test )

Vehicle Speed: 70- 80 kmpl

RPM : 1800 – 2100. Kms

Kilometres Driven: 63

Diesel consumed: 3.31 ltr.

Average: 19.03kmpl

Road: Highway

Driver: Mr Bhavin (Mahindra associate)

AC: AC lowest temp and Blower speed

Persons in the car during mileage test: 2( driver from Mahindra and me)

Luggage in the car during mileage check: No.

Car stop during the test: 3 to 4 times.

Although after following all company norms and direction and the car being driven by Mahindra associate mileage is less than what they promise. So it means if I want 19kmpl mileage than I have to drive only on the highway and according to conditions mentioned above. And we all know that city mileage is always 3 to 4 kmpl less than highways due to traffic.  I am disappointed and feeling cheated by Mahindra. And I will defiantly sell the car as soon as possible. As a middle-class person, I cannot afford 10-13 kmpl in the city and 16 kmpl on highway. My previous Maruti WagonRc(petrol) was giving me more average than this hungry diesel hulk Mahindra KUV100 K8.

Other KUV 100 2016-2017 Reviews