Honda City - An average competitor in tough race

By for Honda City 2016-06-07 16:03:04.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Looks, Drive Quality, Stability

Cons : Power, Space, Built Quality

Recently I got a chance to drive Honda City and as I am planning to buy a car in this segment, it was of great help. There were some good points about the car but the negatives were also quite visible.

Honda City has got decent looks and you will like it more if you are an old school boy (or girl). I got behind the driving wheel and the ride quality was amazing. I had heard about City?s smoothness a lot and the car did not disappoint me on that.

At high rpm, I found it little less responsive but it is not a big thing to worry about. Stability at high speed was one place where City did very well.

Interiors are again calm and you are likely to fall for them if you love simplicity. There is decent space at the rear and you can seat three people there easily. Now some negatives as well.

No matter how much a car is pretty or well performing, if it is outclassed by its competitors, you cannot give it above than average rating. And this has happened with the City. It competes with the Vento, Ciaz and Verna and all these cars beat the City in at least one parameter. Verna has very good power, Vento is known for its built and Ciaz gives you loads of space. City, which otherwise is a good car, now does not looks impressive.

In case you are planning to buy a car in this segment, you have to be clear what you really want from it. If you are specific about certain demand, you will probably end up buying a car other than the City. But if you want an average performer on every front, the City is the car for you.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this May
  • BIJU PILLAI |11 Apr,2017 09:24:41 PM

I HAVE BOOKED A NEW HONDA CITY ON 8/1/2017 AND FOR MY SURPRISE I GOT THE INFORMATION THAT HONDA CITY ZX IS NOT AVAILABLE TILL DATE. HOPE HONDA WILL TAKE CARE . WHAT MORE TO WRITE I AM TOTALLY FRUSTRATED