Honda City

By for Honda City 2015-2017 2016-02-19 13:35:48.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Pick-up, stability, comfort

Cons : Very high maintenance, quite poor fuel efficiency

Look and Style: The car looks OK - definitely not ordinary.

Comfort: The car has quite some decent alternatives that make riding in it a good experience.

Pickup: Excellent pickup, with a great engine. Mine is the manual version, which is perfect for city driving, where you would otherwise be upshifting and downshifting every couple of minute!

Mileage: The mileage on the manual diesel version inside the city is a joke - I am lucky if I get 7 km to the litre. However, when I'm driving out of the city, say to Surat, I use the cruise control and I can easily expect upwards of 21 Kms to the litre - now that's a decent number to talk about.

Best Features: NA

Needs to improve: The service costs on this car are beyond a doubt high. An ordinary service trip sets me back by at least INR 4-5 K while a major service (10K, 40K, etc.) set me back by at least INR 12-14K. That is not a number which is mentioned on any website including this one (they incorrectly state the 40K service cost as INR 6K.

Overall Experience: The car is not a tremendously fabulous car - but yes, it handles quite well, yes, it has a decent air-conditioning system and its audio options make a good listening experience.