Be a Proud Owner

• Appearance

Pros : Comfort, Driveability

Cons : Ground Clearance, C pillar

Look and Style Its simply superb.  The classic design is unmatchable  and a real head turner still. Comfort Total comfort for both front and rear passengers. Pickup Too good Mileage Right from the showroom condition, I got 21 km on highways and 13.5-14 in city conditions.  Lot more than I expected. Best Features The driveability.  Its just like flying an aircraft. Needs to improve Honda needs to improve the ground clearance.  Another thing I noticed is the position of C pillar.  At times it hinders the view of driver. Overall Experience With one month of usage, am totally satisfied. And it gives immense pride to be owner of such a car. A real value for money classic sedan.

Comments Honda City 2014-2015
  • kaustav |06 Jan,2012 02:05:28 AM

absolutely man.even i m gonna book an exclusive mt model this month.its too good to have.

hijj |28 May,2015 06:24:23 PM

Hshsbd d d

• s n sharma |06 Jan,2012 02:12:57 PM

Dear Sir, Good feedback amazing fuel efficiency.Iam also a hving Honda City (V) AT bought about 2 months back,mileage is poor.Iam in Bagalore. 1.Which City of India are you driving? 2.Is the mileage in the city with AC on and not switching off the engine when the signal is red? 3.Generally how many passengers travel? Regards,

KRISHNA KUMAR |06 Jan,2012 11:21:33 PM

Dear,, am at Belgaum.. and I keep the ac on. Am getting excellent mileage on highways. And normally self and wife only travel . Remember one thing.. MT model gives better mileage when compared with AT models. Of course, Bangalore is a much busier city and you are tend to get lesser avrage. Also, it depends on the driving habits. I have been driving a Ford Ikon for last 6 yrs.

hijj |28 May,2015 06:24:32 PM

rishu |01 Jan,2016 11:13:21 AM

Please give me detail a mileage of diesel and performance

• deokar b r |16 Jan,2012 10:40:36 PM

I am seriously thinking to purchase a new honda city to be used in Pune city and sometimes on the highways.I own a Marti car and wish to replace it to Honda city. I would like you to suggest me an appropriate model from the point of view mileage and price. An used car will also preferred but it should not be odler than 5 years old. Thank you.

KRISHNA KUMAR |18 Jan,2012 11:57:23 PM

Hi.. Its always better to go for a new car, as we don't know the previous history of the old car and driving habits of the owner. All Honda models gives identical mileage because the engine used is same. I preferred S MT (middle) model. There is hardly any difference between S & V (top end), except fog lamps and alloys. Now you have 5 models to select from. Better to go for one with beige interior as it gives a royal look.

Dinesh dhakate |12 Oct,2015 09:45:18 PM

Dude my advice is you for the suzuki ciaz...

• Manish |24 Jan,2012 03:48:30 PM

@Krishna Kumar - Nice review. I, too, am a prowd owner of Honda City S MT purchased in December 2011. I am getting maximum mileage of 18.5 kmpl on highways while driving at a speed of 80 to 90 kmpl with intermittent AC. Can you give me some driving tips to increase this mileage further. I read in your review that you are getting fuel efficiency of 21 kmpl with AC full time.

KRISHNA KUMAR |25 Jan,2012 06:04:47 PM

Yeah.. Though I am not a professional in subject, I would like to share my views.. 1. Love the engine and engine will love you. 2. Always Anticipate the traffic, in front of you. This will help to avoid immediate breaking and subsequent acceleration which will burn more fuel. 3. Constant check on Tyre pressure and check of wheel alignment on regular intervals. 4. Ideally, a speed of 60-80 will fetch you good mileage. Switch off engine during long traffic stops/blocks. Also make use of road inclinations for our advantage. 5. That's all from my side. Expecting views and suggestions from all... With Thanks...

ravish joshi |04 Feb,2012 04:37:15 PM

hello i m from punjab.i need to know in between tata manza quarjet, vento trendline,honda city which car the better

KRISHNA KUMAR |08 Feb,2012 05:15:59 PM

It is always better to compare cars which use same fuel (petrol/diesel) The choice is purely on usage of vehicle. I found Honda City, the best among the three companies. Vento is also good, but Honda scores in looks, pick up and service support.

Ritesh Madhok |05 Mar,2012 07:29:52 AM

The VW Vento is much better than the Tata Manza and it is higher in price too.

V. VERMA |24 Feb,2012 04:08:19 PM

After going through above i thought i should also share my opinion abt honda city, recently just 3 month back purchased Honda city SMT, really i fully satisfied with the honda city. I used to drive 2000k.m. per month in Delhi Roads. I drive car very carefully & always maintain appropriate distance in hectic traffic and i find avarage 17.8 k.m. and have fun with drive with excellant integrated Music system. i feel honda city is perfect value for money car within 10 Lac budget. My suggestion go for honda city if you are looking for Look, Comfort, Fuel economy, & good pick up. i feel this much better car even if you compare with th diesel car also.

• ASIM |31 Jan,2012 03:03:23 PM

Hi I am planning to a New car could any one suggest me which one shall i go ahead. honda city Top Model MT or Hyundai Verna Fludic MT.Petrol. Also please suggest Whether Disel is Better or Petrol. iheard that diesel Maintenance is more expensive compare to Petrol.

Ritesh Madhok |12 Mar,2012 11:34:43 AM

If your daily running is less than 80-100kms then a petrol car makes more sense. If you go for a petrol option then the Honda City makes a better choice.

• Prasad |19 Feb,2012 12:20:17 PM

Dear All,happy to be a part,I'm planning to buy one new car.there are two options from my family.some goes for Maruthi SZ4,and rests are interested in Honda City.What I came to know that both the machines are comparitevly same price,about 1045000/please guide if any one could give a genuine suggetion for which machine will suit for me.I'm not a regular car user.The present car(Maruthi Alto) which I'm using has run 47000 km after 7.5 years.please revert.with your valuable suggetiions.

KRISHNA KUMAR |21 Feb,2012 11:46:39 PM

The decision solely depends on your usage and taste. I have told about Honda City in the above review. SX4 is a good car with looks... But when the fine tuning and driving pleasure counts.... I go for City. And the re-sale value is the biggest advantage.

shalyak |25 Mar,2012 06:23:02 PM

i was confused too between sx4 n honda city...then my brother came from abroad and i showed him sx4 that this is the car i m planning to buy keeping value for money tag in mind. he went to show room and looked inside sx4 and calmly said y not continue with existing esteem when they both look similar inside....and i bought honda city.

• Prasad |23 Feb,2012 12:35:00 PM

Thanks Mr.Kumar,anyway after a long round table family talk we decided to go for Honda City VMT.will back with experience once I start using it.Many thanks.

• gautam |27 Feb,2012 11:34:52 AM

Dear Sir, Iam planninmg to buy Honda city .But Iam not able to decide which model to buy Honda City-corporate model or the Honda City E. I feel corporate model will give me chance to have my own choice of audio system. I request you to kindly advise me regarding the model option. Awaiting your opinion. I work in a PSU and my usage is about 500Km per month.

KRISHNA KUMAR |01 Mar,2012 11:52:43 AM

Pl check the latest brochure.. am not so sure about the new launches. But one thing... the company fitted audio is of very high quality.. And of course, the beige interiors (not in corporate model) gives the car a pleasant and appealing look.

• Rahul |01 Mar,2012 07:32:58 PM

I own a Honda city s mt two months back. What a car awesome...finishing..mileage..pickup..power... oh....superb family car.Nd what a sound system...amazing integration of Honda. Proud of Honda..

• gautam |03 Mar,2012 05:04:41 PM

I will check out the interiors of the HC S MT .Thank you.

• Akash |22 Mar,2012 03:25:33 PM

Anybody can suggest, if it is good to buy a second hand Honda city 2001 or 2002 model. I am going for driving classes and then planning to buy second hand Honda City to free my hands, before buying a new one. Any help or sugession is highly appreciated.

• shalyak |25 Mar,2012 06:16:05 PM

i bought honda city on 27.2.12 and i m already done 1700 kms.i m in delhi. the first check up is done. i m getting 16.4-16.7 km of average since day 1. i drive minimum 60 kms daily and some times it exceeds 100 kms too. its a different car. very comfortable. i drove esteem for 7 years and i m not comparing both..ha ha. anyhow, i noticed that when i brake from 55 to 20-30 km/hr i never felt the need to change the gear i mean it effortlessly picks in 5th gear, infact my gear changing habit has changed drastically. its a very good car for city, like delhi, driving. drove once on high way where i got 20km/lt mileage. it smoothly touched 140kms speed. interiors are very good gives the feel of luxury. u feel safe inside. i heard mileage picks up after servicing but the service advisor told me what more do u want from petrol engine!!!

Sasikala |15 Jul,2013 10:49:18 AM

Pl. tell us exactly what mileage you get initially . We have done only 130 km.s so far and we got a mileage reading of 10 km.s only on ivtec ,s model of Honda city

• Shailendra |17 Apr,2012 03:39:17 PM

I bought a Honda City SMT in March-12. First service is still due. Its a noiseless car to extent that sometimes pedestrian in front of you does not notice it unless you horn. Space inside in a big plus. Driver seat can be adjusted to such height that it gives you road visibility even more than ALTO. I am very satisfied so far. It looks best in white. A definite miss is blue tooth. It should have been there in such car. It was tough to choose between Vento, Verna and Honda. Middle passenger in rear seat of verna will sit very uncomfortably as it is slightly bulged due to arm rest Vento looks are so simple and ordinary. And in petrol sedan Honda has ruled almost for decades so I went for Honda. Abundant road presence confirmed it. They should provide some more accessories but these are minor issues.

• hafeez |11 May,2012 04:34:05 PM

honda ivtec the best in class

• KRISHNA KUMAR |03 Jun,2012 12:40:45 AM

I am reviewing again after a usage of 06 months. And I reiterate-really feeling to be a proud owner. The level of comfort is ultimate. And the stability during high speed cruise is excellent. ABS works with utmost accuracy. One suggestion to Honda... The front portion of the dash board may be so designed that the driver gets a commendable seating position. At present, the front area of the vehicle is not fully visible, even with a raised driver seat. But, notwithstanding this minor point, the machine is too good and an owner's delight.

• puneetbzbdhsjdjjdjddjjdjdjdjdjdkdkxkxjxkxjdjdjjdjdjdjwkak sjejnsnd |25 Nov,2014 02:42:36 PM

Gvjhddxcbkfx nfvnm

• Sunny |14 Mar,2015 10:26:15 AM

its a car for women, not men

• Shirish Jadhav |18 Sep,2015 03:48:25 PM

Kindly let me know the average of petrol honda city i am very much confused petrol on disel

Honda City 2014-2015 review scorecard