Honda Brio a value for money car!

By for Honda Brio 2013-2016 from jaipur 2011-10-03 17:27:43.0
  • Appearance

Pros : High end safety features

Cons : Too early to comment

Look and Style I am an environment lover and always prefer petrol cars over diesel variants as diesel cars pollute the environment a lot. After testing various hatchbacks like Hyundai Santro and Maruti Swift, I have settled down with Honda Brio. Yesterday I got my new Honda Brio. I fell in love with the exteriors and the interiors of the car. I found the exteriors of the car unmatched with other hatchbacks. Comfort The interiors of Honda Brio are very comfortable with neck rests along with ample leg space which is a pre-requisite for a tall person like me. Pickup I catch the speed of 100 Kmph in very few seconds with my new Honda Brio and crossed the top speed of 130 kmph. Mileage Its too early to find out the mileage of the car since its only a day since I purchased my new car. But I wish my Honda Brio will keep the word of the Honda. Best Features I am very much impressed with the outstanding exteriors and interiors with high standard features. The cabin of the car is beautiful and features huge legroom and headroom space. Honda is known to deliver high end safety features. This new car of Honda continues to swim with the flow. Honda Brio is fully loaded with good quality braking system that ensure good control on sudden brakes at slippery roads. Needs to improve In my one day driving experience I don't find any areas of improvements yet. Overall Experience Overall in my opinion this small car is a beautiful product from Honda. I am very much impressed with safety features of the car which is an important concern to me. Though available in petrol variant only I think there is no other hatchback that match the standards of Honda. In a nutshell, excellent compact car for small family.

• mukesh tanwar |03 Oct,2011 05:55:23 PM

good looking and value for mny car.

shweta |17 Nov,2014 05:01:46 PM

Hsdvhs gfhsfvsgf sfgh sfs vfgsytf hsf sfahgsf yahf ay fasf. Atagf dytafs dhg asdfa fcdafdtfad f ad adf fad atdfacsd fadafs df adf a sda fdft ad fa fda dt fada fdtfajd gaugdyagdhag dt fafdaf dfa daf dyfad ad adya

saadat mirza |17 Jun,2015 02:05:44 PM

Reply by shweta

Test |25 May,2015 01:39:27 PM

Hxnxbxbxjxjxjxnxnxncn

• Jacky |03 Oct,2011 06:42:44 PM

Did you already get the delivery of the car ??? Cause its surprising as Mumbai Honda informed that not a single delivery is done and the waiting period is around 2 months

Deeps |09 Oct,2011 10:16:28 AM

Same in Bangalore! Not sure how someone claims that Hejaz received the delivery of the car!!

shweta |17 Nov,2014 11:22:28 AM

Test test test

shweta |17 Nov,2014 11:35:31 AM

Reply to Deeps

hgjd hmh ggh |19 Nov,2014 01:36:16 PM

Test test shweta

• vijay |03 Oct,2011 07:01:23 PM

Yes. Delhi Honda is also saying the same thing. No delivery of vehicle before two months. Only VMT model is on display. No other model is available right the time

• amit |03 Oct,2011 11:51:25 PM

i think the guy has just booked .. i dont think car is delivered.. looks like he has just roamed around in the test drive vehicle..

• rajeev vadhera |04 Oct,2011 01:57:42 PM

he is making fool of us . it is company made review.

• Jacky |04 Oct,2011 03:13:44 PM

Yes.. this guy is definitely making a fool of us... I had emailed on the address provided on honda site and they got back to me saying not a single model has been delivered yet to anyone.

• shraddha |04 Oct,2011 04:00:18 PM

I am thinking of booking Brio, but still am doubtful on after sale service and performance. This will be first car and so I am more careful in selection. What should I do? Go and blindly book it or wait for the market feedback to come.

Jas |04 Oct,2011 05:30:18 PM

Even this is going to be my first car and i already booked it.... BLINDLY.. My friends have Jazz and Honda City and everyone said if you planning to keep the car for more than 3-4 years this is the car i should go for. As far as i know, Honda always has reputation of great after sales service and even the maintainence of My friends Honda City which is 4 years old comes just around Rs 4000/- for regular service (done in 4-5 months interval). So i am baking on the fact that if city maintainence is so low, Brio will be definitely less....And after sales service is concerned, I was shocked that Honda took efforts to call back 72k cars for just changing a small switch used for the windows.. Maruti will never bother about any such thing... Now its your call

• Hitendra |04 Oct,2011 11:53:14 PM

well said about Honda service ... what about parts if any accidents occurs ..are they same similar cost of as Maruti cars? Though no doubt Honda delivers excellent quality products.

• R G SHANKAR |06 Oct,2011 09:29:12 AM

yeah, ystdy i wento a dealer at chennai and they told me that they would deliver the car in weeks time if booked on the day. Even test drive car is not ready.

• arvind |06 Oct,2011 12:18:32 PM

all people are making fool I have done test drive of Honda brio I have wagaor r since last 10 yesrs i am making a conclusion that if you r going to purchase a small petrol car pls one time go for test drive of brio with other car you will feel the difference. thanks

• Ashu |06 Oct,2011 01:27:35 PM

i agree with you Ram, its a funtastic package from the motoring legend Honda. But, why its shying away from launching an automatic variant in Brio (and Jazz) as well since its primarily targeted at urban populace and without an automatic option, driving in city traffic is an absolute mess even if the car is good. And, icing on cake would be, a super refined diesel from Honda! It would surely catapult Honda to Number One Car manufacturer in India beating the competition by unmeasurable margin! Are you listening Honda?!?..

• Anand |06 Oct,2011 04:44:13 PM

is it diesel car? price???

• swittens |06 Oct,2011 06:20:20 PM

The first review seems to be company made one. can any one give the consumption and is there a diesel variant?

Jas |09 Oct,2011 11:41:01 AM

There is no diesel variant. As far as the Fuel Efficiency is concerned, nobody can give you a concrete answer as no car has been delivered yet. But it should give atleast 12 kmpl in city as company is claiming close to 19 kmpl.

• DAYANIDHI |10 Oct,2011 01:51:49 PM

I like the car, i am waiting for the test drive for booking the vehicle.I feel if the back seat is 60:40 split type, is more advantageous.

• bala |11 Oct,2011 12:43:34 PM

any way this is new in the market we will get the feedback and service and other proplems and difficulties in next 2 to months, i think maintenace willl be costly compartively maruthi suzuki cars.

• Mahesh |11 Oct,2011 03:43:01 PM

is it diesel car? price???????

• ava |16 Oct,2011 10:50:10 AM

Brio is a nice car. But in our terrain conditions ; the ground clearance should be more. Some more boot is also required to accommodate a family luggage.It can got through the modification of rear shaping like polo(WV).

• ava |16 Oct,2011 10:54:40 AM

It is impressive. I would like to for it.

• balaji |18 Oct,2011 01:04:20 PM

The first review is definitely by the company and dont bother to read it!!! but i have seen the brio and i am driving the city for the last 30 months and i can assure that the honda products wl deliver!!!! as far as brio is concerned its a beautiful looking car with all safety features and i am confident that the car will be a sucess...only area of concern is that in our country which is moving towards diesel...quality takes a back seat at the entry level!!!!

• Prabhas |20 Oct,2011 10:15:17 PM

I stay in Bangalore, I called up for test drive yesterday. After driving the car, I feel amazing comapred to I10 and WagonR. Now way to compare with such a beautiful ride. But I am thinking to go for Jazz or Brio as Jazz has more features with base more and more Boot space. But Dealer are not taking Jazz booking becuase of Brio's Production.

• Ranjan |24 Oct,2011 09:18:46 AM

Hi All, Even I am confused about Brio, look wise i liked it even test drive was gud, but as it is new car, no one can give me actual reviews about efficiency. Now i m confused between i10 sportz and Brio, please guide me which one is better?

madan |31 Oct,2011 11:00:16 AM

Ranjan, I belong to ur category! Hyundai has been taking customers for granted. Though i10 Kappa2 sportz is a good choice, prices have been increased by 30-40k for this model on 14/10/2011 though the last revision was on 01/10/2011. I test drove Brio subsequently and immediately fell in love with it's features and refinement. Engine is superb with good acceleration and silent. Gears are soft and braking is good. Inside space is decent. I booked Brio S MT the same day.

• Santhosh |25 Oct,2011 12:11:26 PM

Hi Friends Please let me also know the mileage part.. I am also planning to book a brio

• Yogesh |27 Oct,2011 02:05:45 PM

Hi Even I have booked the car a week ago. I believe this is the best design & look in the small segment. Before booking I have taken the test drive and it was good feel, well but just short test drive doesn't help. The waiting period is 2 months. No disel variant in Honda yet! I have seen two-three brio on the road. i.e. Honda has started delivering to end customers.. If the performance of the brio on the road prooved to be excellent then, it can be a best car model of the year!

• Nachiket Paranjape |01 Nov,2011 09:03:43 AM

I found you review pretty helpful. Can you please tell me wheather Brio is comfortable for 5 people?

• ARABINDA BARUAH |01 Nov,2011 10:32:26 PM

I am planning to purchase; but what about the mileage?- (as I am going to retire next year)it must be affordable to my pension budget.BUT- I AM A BIT CRAZY FOR HONDA

• gitesh |07 Nov,2011 12:41:24 AM

honda name means status, i drive honda city and civic, honda car good space, newly design, same model in eve. Contry. I trust name and make of honda. Hondas all car trustble. So book honda car early.

• Amit |07 Nov,2011 05:30:58 PM

Hi, I m also planning to purchase hatchback segment car, Please Let me know which one is better Brio or Ritz.....

• Ramu |30 Nov,2011 02:58:48 PM

Hi, Can any one guide me about the comfort, rear boot space and mileage of Honda brio SMT version. I am planning to buy one What will be the waiting period.

• Ragavendran |07 Dec,2011 12:08:07 PM

Honda brio(Cheerful-Energetic car) Good looking exteriors ,Aerodynamic design and Quality interiors.Great safety features like ABS,EBD,Airbags etc... Mileage: City: 14Kmpl Highway: 18kmpl Honda Jazz itself giving 13kmpl in city condition itseems we can expect more from Brio as it is lighter weight compared to jazz. Performance: The car is the powerful when compared to all cars in this segment 0-100 in 13seconds...really great. Space: The legroom is very good both in front and back seaters of the car. Boot space is restricted to 175 litres but it is deep inside. so u can take only few luggages while travelling out of town. I have test driven Honda brio four times in chennai. Really enjoyed a lot smooth and comfortable car. Fun to drive engine. Smooth gear shifting turning radius is less so u can turn ur car easily. Really easy to handle car.. no need extra efforts its really cool and good visibility all around car. Competitors:This car will be competing with Hyundai i-10, Maruti swift, Maruti RITZ, Ford figo and Toyota etios liva. Negative: The one negative which i found in Honda brio is that Back head rest is on lower side. It will affect the party of tall man sitting at back.Honda need to work on it. Conclusion: Fresh and good car to buy which will be a eye catcher in road. Honda Brio has all the ingredients of the best car interms of performance, good exteriors and interiors, Safety features, Good handling and mileage. So GO...... 4 it............ Im eagerly waiting for booked fresh and rocking brio which takes two months of delivery time

• Dipak |28 Dec,2011 07:39:10 AM

Price has to be reduced to get indian hatchback market,

• hemant mehta |06 Mar,2012 12:17:53 AM

I have seen many cars on roads and mostly found the segments from maruti suzuki and hundai. I have seen and taken test drive of honda brio. It looks elegane with superb interior and exterior. I have a doubt about its air conditioner and milage? Can anobody tell me the fact of these two features.

• R.K. SARDANA |15 Apr,2012 05:42:15 PM

I am planning to purchase honda brio and i have not yet taken test drive. When I will purchase honda brio then i will give comments. But lookwise I am very much impressed.

• Jayprakash Agrawal |22 May,2012 06:33:03 AM

I want to know the milage part, because at the end we have to think for price of petrol and their return. in honda brio that shows 10.5 or 11 km per liter , so i am unable to know how the average is so low when i drive in the highway. please clear my doubt.

• Alec |11 Jun,2012 08:35:10 PM

My Brio SMT, bought few days back is averaging 13ks/ltr in Bangalore city and 17kms/ltr on Highway. Mileage is close to that claimed by the rating agency. Better drive in ECO mode for better mileage. I have raced above 80kms/hr(not recommended) but still the engine seems to be smooth. Happy motoring..

• vivek |12 Jun,2012 12:57:00 PM

i think its new zone for those who love the name honda but can not afford due to their financial limitation......... a beautiful car that makes u special.

• shweta |14 Nov,2014 05:59:29 PM

• shweta |14 Nov,2014 07:09:08 PM

• shweta |14 Nov,2014 07:09:22 PM

• shweta |15 Nov,2014 11:11:41 AM

• shweta |17 Nov,2014 05:21:33 PM

Heba sygff sf. Sf s gdfg dfs

• shweta |17 Nov,2014 05:26:50 PM