Honda Amaze-Fuel leakage!!

• Appearance

Pros : NA

Cons : Fuel leakage

I have purchased a brand new Honda Amaze (deisel) on 4th Nov, 2013. On 18th Feb, 2014, my vehicle started sudden fuel leakage from the pipeline at the backside of engine, for which I had to call Honda service station, who arranged to get a mechanic on the spot. The problem was rectified after I left the vehicle for a day in the service station. Again on 8th March, 2014 mid night, while driving home along with my family, the vehicle had similar problem and the car stopped abruptly after the fuel got leaked again. This happned twice within a span of 20days!! Luckily for me one of my friends arrived on the spot and helped us to reach back home at 1PM. I had to call Honda emergency service to tow down the vehicle at around 3 AM. since sunday was holiday ar the service station I had to wait till Monday to know the actual problem. The Honda service authorities claim that there was a 'manufacture defect' in the pipeline of fuel, which was rectified by replacing the new one. Now again on 13th Sept, 2014, i could smell the odour of fule leakage again. immediately took my car to Honda service centre, whose technical person confirmed old prevailing problem. The local Honda firm are clueless and claims that there is a major 'pressure' problem in the fuel system which can be rectified by changing the pipeline again. As of today my car is is still standing in the service station since 4 days, waiting for the necessary parts from Noida firm. As all of us know fuel leakage is a major problem in any kind of automobile and can be a source of 'major disaster'. Right Now I am worried about its recurrance, future safety and time and money wasted without enjoying the benefits of driving a new car, as I am suffering the same problem 3rd time, with a year of purchasing a new car.

Comments Honda Amaze
  • RAJA M |26 Sep,2014 12:08:48 PM

As a driverof car and user of Tata Car more than 3 lakh km, I can say that I never had such leakage of coolant and any break downs on highways. Time has come to critically to review on the quality and performance while going for a new car. At least before deciding on the car, go test drive a car and ask user of cars Tata cars. Probably, you may change your view and conclude there is nothing wrong in going for Tata cars.

khamboj |26 Oct,2014 11:19:03 PM

Infact i am considering two options Amaze (petrol) or Zest (petrol). have left xcent and dzire. only thing ab

khamboj |26 Oct,2014 11:19:50 PM

nfact i am considering two options Amaze (petrol) or Zest (petrol). have left xcent and dzire. only thing about Zest is its a Tata car. have heard negative reviews about their service etc.

• Ashish Sinha |28 Sep,2014 12:37:58 AM

I think you should take this matter to the topmost guy in honda amaza and get a replacement

• J Lal |07 Oct,2014 10:28:24 PM

So far I had a very positive opinion about Amaze,now I have to think twice before going for it. Thanks for sharing yr experience.

Dinesh |08 Oct,2014 10:48:50 AM

I have written each time to the Company at Noida, who in turn sends typical apology letter asking me to keep in touch through local Honda service station. This time they claim that they have replaced whole pipe line, assuring me that such major problem never recur again. Still I am scared to go for long drive.

• RAVINDER SINGH |09 Oct,2014 08:30:36 AM

Thanks Dinesh To Share Your Experiance With Us. I was also planning to purchase new honda car but the servise support issue is remain as many of peoples asking. i will take the test drive and also will share with all my friends.

• devsumansharma |11 Oct,2014 01:58:02 AM

You should sue the company & should complain to the consumer forum.They should replace your car immediately,repair will not work as there is a major defect.

Honda Amaze review scorecard