Honda Amaze i-DTEC excelled my expectations on many counts

By for Honda Amaze 2013-09-25 18:38:33.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Looks, interior space, mileage, driveability

Cons : integrated head rests,dashboard,door arm rests

Look and Style: Best designed car in the segment. The view from rear is better than the City. Comfort: Cushy, comfortable, pliant city ride Pickup: The virtually nonexistent turbo lag and well distributed torque do not require me to even touch the acceleration pedal in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gears. The car jolly well accelerates to 40 km/h once I put my foot off the clutch after changing gears. But yes, I have felt that the 1st gear ratio is too short and the car strains to reach even 15 kmph in that gear. Honda wants you to up shift early! Another thing I have noticed that if you want to push the acceleration pedal while the car is already auto-accelerating in 2nd and 3rd gears, the response is somewhat muted, as if there is a conflict going on between user intervention and ECU mandate! But that's only discernible to nit pickers! In 4th and 5th gears the car is simply brilliant with enough grunt to accelerate and overtake at any speed ranging from 60 kmph to 110 kmph. I have driven the car at speeds up to 110 kmph till now. The mileage will be good if you follow the eco light and maintain the tachometer reading at around 1500 rpm at any given gear. Mileage: The car has run 1570 km in the last 40 days; the first service has been done and it is giving me a mileage of 28 kmpl on highway and 17.5 kmpl in city traffic. Overall I am getting a mileage of 19.5 kmpl. Best Features: Looks, mileage, driving pleasure in 2-5 gears, acceleration in lower geras without much pedal push. Needs to improve: Dashboard, integrated head rests, music system Overall Experience: I am satisfied and more than happy that I chose Honda Amaze diesel S-MT.

• D Ghosh |09 Nov,2013 11:26:28 AM

Do you not think that the car accelerating without even touching the accelerator could be a problem when moving in slow traffic or when you need to slow down Every time you have to use clutch and brake to control speed.

manvindar |29 Jun,2014 03:40:10 PM

no...it is actually easy to drive in slow traffic....you don't need to touch accelerator pedal.....its so easy and fun

sanam |10 Apr,2016 11:39:37 PM

I think its more benificial to use this as atleast it is reducing use of 1 more pedal :D