Think twice before buying!

• Appearance

Pros : Cheap price for the features, good pick-up till 80 KMPH

Cons : Very weak skin, lots of engine trouble, electronic trouble, very poor mileage, low power

The car has acceptable pick-up in city limits. AC is good. Engine is also performing decently. And upto 100KMPH it feels good. Once you are in clear highway and you want open up this is not the ride for you. The real problem is car's electronics. I had trouble with starting and VSS(vehicle speed sensor). The skin sheathing is of very poor quality thus low safety. Mileage is very poor. My car has done 5K only and we hear lots of noises through out the body. The road clearance is very low and I doubt the claimed 160MM very much. I get rubbing sound on small rumble strips only with me driving. In my personal opinion it is not value for money. I must say some thing here that the help desk personnel are extremly good and I personally think they must be the best available in India.

Comments Ford Figo 2012-2015
  • rahul |27 Dec,2010 10:13:41 PM

i think you have a defected figo coz i am getting 21 kmpl in city n highway combined(diesel) or it is that your driving style may not matched to figo........... though skin sheathing you are talking about is not good but its same as of maruti suzuki cars.

RISHI |14 Jan,2011 01:27:43 AM

hey ya....i am willing to purchase ford will you suggest me to buy this a college going driving zen petrol now..i need good mileage in diesel in should i purchase this car or go for swift..??

CarDekho Team |25 Jan,2011 11:59:47 AM

The Ford Figo has proved itself in the recent times and has won many prestigeous Car of the year awards. Its usp is a large cabin, boot and big car like drive feel. Go for the Ford Figo. Thanks, CarDekho Team

Sivasankar |04 Nov,2011 02:56:28 PM

You should go for I20 or Swift

• Real |28 Dec,2010 12:31:31 AM

Just 5 KMPL is not practical I can say. there might be some issues with the car why dont you get it checked at the Aut. Dealer ?

• Bimal |28 Dec,2010 08:17:43 AM

Ford like other American cars are made for use and throw So Dont except much from there.

• ACHAL |12 Jan,2011 03:37:10 PM

wat's up date now?

• tom |15 Jan,2011 01:10:09 AM

your figo must be a total defect . is ur car a petrol or a diesel? my figo(petrol) gives about 15 on the highway and 13.8 in the city without AC.with ac on 2 setting gives 13. if u have driven the car very fast soon after taking it out of the showroom then u may have spoilt the engine. there is something called driven-in or break-in period, google it and u will know exactly what i am talking.

Sivasankar |04 Nov,2011 02:55:37 PM

Its the first 1000 Kms driving style buddy. In modern day's cars it doesn't matter. they finish that running-in maitenance in enigne form.Its a petrol titanium and I drive it in Chennai. Nevertheless for almost same money you can buy a Swift and that is certainly value for money.

• CarDekho Team |25 Jan,2011 12:01:36 PM

• Vishal Sharma |02 Feb,2011 06:02:59 PM

I m looking for a petrol car and confused between i10, figo, beat and ritz. Can anybody please tell me which is best among these all. I want good mileage also.

CarDekho Team |03 Feb,2011 03:12:42 PM

Dear User, We would recommend you to go for Hyundai i10 1.2 liter or Maruti Ritz as the mileage of i10 and Ritz is good. Hyundai i10 1.2 liter gives mileage of 15.4 kmpl in city conditions and 19.2 kmpl on highways, where as Maruti Ritz gives mileage of 14.5 kmpl in city conditions and 18.0 kmpl on highways. Mileage of Ford Figo is 12.5 kmpl in city conditions and 15.5 on highways. Chevrolet Beat can also be a good option in terms of mileage as it gives mileage of 14.5 kmpl in city conditions and 18.5 kmpl on highways. For further assistance you can send us your contact number on our id and one of our auto-experts will assist you. Thanks

KR |24 Sep,2011 02:53:46 PM