Good car with no clarity on fuel economy

By for Ford Figo 2012-2015 from Pune, Maharashtra 2010-04-17 04:38:59.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Decent Mature looks, good comfortable driving, space,VFM

Cons : Fuel economy, service and maintainance

Well, this is the first time I though of owning a car and started for the hunt in market. I don't know much about driving, hence for car performance and driving taken a lot of help from friends. I have started with Maruti. My budget was around 4L. Options suggested by friend and family were WAGON R, RITZ, SWIFT, ALTO (No to A-star due to space. WAGON R & Alto are much older in market now looks not impressed me anyways. RITZ looks good from front, but backside not impressed me! No doubt about SWIFT but budget was big issue there. Then one fine day I came to know about new cars in market (PUNTO/BEAT/FIGO). Saw Beat on road, looks really good from outside, but is very trendy, I was looking for some mature looks in my first car.Much impressed with Punto but again EMOTION series will cost you around 6 (Much above our budget). Finally, I have visited Talera ford, yerwada, pune. Not much impressed with sales deparment as I left unatteneded by executives there for 15 20 mins and finally I have started exploring the car available in showroom. External looks were really good as per my expectations. Headlamps were really good though looks like a modified version of Swift there. From the rear side, it was much like fusion one, I was OK with it. But it cliked to me when I have taken the drivers seat. Much comfortable driving position with seat have hight adjustment. No tilt to stearing, but I havn't missed the the same there. I sales executive attended me finally and came to know that the inbuild audio system with bluetooth feature, touch sensitive indicator(this blinks trice when to want to change lane on highways), electrically adjusted mirror, distance to empty, etc etc. I was much attracted to it when I have taken a back seat and space and comfort there was really good. excellent. We folded the seats and from boot space there was really great space. Finally when asked about fuel economy for petrol, the sales executive said its 19 to 20 on Highway and 15 in city. I sensed that he is not a really giving me correct figures, but I liked the car much and decided to visit Talera Ford nigdi. In the mean time I have gone through all the reviews on websites for this car. When I visited the showroom, I have complained about the sales agents and then I was assisted with good sales executive. I have taken a ride here for ford figo petrol and that was really great. Much comfortable than WAGON R and ALTO at least. Looking at the features available in Figo I have decided to increase the budget by 50K and finally decided to book figo. On fuel economy front I was assured a 12 KMPL on city roads in pune. Expericed persons say swift will provide 14 KMPL, WAGON R for my uncle gives 12 KMPL in city. I am confortable with it, but really worried about fuel economy. If it comes below 12 KMPL, its a not which is not offerdable. But I have decided to gamble here. I am getting extended warranty here for a year so not worried much there. But yes fuel economy is really a factor. Booking formalities are done & I am waiting for my all new col. RED FORD FIGO to be delivered by this month end. In short it's really a good car to have with 4.5 L budget. Infact exellent one. If ford does following things in coming days the car will be a big big hit in India. 1. 4 to 5 years warranty to gain customer confidence. 2. Serious look at fuel economy ( They should increse it for petrol to 18KMPL on highway) 3. Well trained executives at dealer location My figures crossed. MIN 12KMPL in city with AC is must. Else this car will be a big flop

• Kirti Mukhedkar |22 Apr,2010 02:46:17 AM

Dear All, We are still waiting for delivery of our car. I am bit worried as the Talera ford is not giving me any date for delivery of dar. The reason is very silly one as the net connectivity is not there in showroom so they can't tell date of delivery of my car. Think twice before purchasing it from Talera.

• KIRTI Mukhedkar |26 Apr,2010 03:24:41 PM

Dear ALL Be aware of ford showrooms in PUNE. Specially Talera ford. They are professional only till time you give the booking amount. After that you need to keep them calling for delivery of your car. I have booked figo 6th of APR and got a written commitment that if they failed to deliver the car before month end I can cancel the booking and there will be full refund to me. Now they are saying that it will take 6 working days for refund. They will just exploite you. Car is really good. If you need it urgently just go for some other car. No way you will get in with in a months time.

• R.Srinivasan |16 Jun,2010 07:16:31 AM

Ford India does not seem to be a professional organisation at all. They do not respond to customer queries on time and their sales / service back up is terrible. They are incapable of providing accurate information and they are far behind the professionalism of Hyundai. Infact the look and the mileage issue is no compromise when compared to the customer satisfaction and the quality and timeliness of service offered by Hyundai. Ford India senior executives are not approachable and do not answer any customer queries

• Sandip Bhusari, Pune |24 Aug,2010 10:35:12 AM

what happened to your car? have u purchased or not? If u had taken it then what is the average u r getting in city with a/c? have u checked about maintanace and spare part cost? I am also trying to purchase this car but due to milage limitation it is in dilema.

• shankaar n r |07 Oct,2010 11:10:39 PM

Can any one give the correct fuel consumption of FIGO Zxi petrol

• nanda |24 Nov,2010 10:28:36 PM

please give the correct milage of ford figo petrol zxi in bangalore city and outside