Linea dynamic -10 day review - need a little more value for our money

By for Fiat Linea 2008-2011 from hyderabad 2009-07-06 21:04:19.0
  • Appearance

Pros : nice colour- pearl white, powerful a/c

Cons : bad interiors, bad build quality

Dear All, itss just been 10 days that i bought a linea dynamic , at sevral occations i wished i had gone for a emotion model than a dynamic one which i had bought but i had compensated it with a JVC touch screen system with a reverse video camera and a bluetooth phone conectivity ( like in emotion pack -blue and me) and am lot convinced with the self upgradation and the pearl white colou which is simply adorable . but i am still unhappy about the interiors and the plastic quality i have face an issue with the dashboard which wasnt opening perfectly , i had to visit the service centre 15kms away and now i have an issue closing it ( just doest fit in properly ) and strangely on the 9th day am facing some problem with the door locks in front left and rear left doors they do not open from inside and i guess i have do a visit again to the service centre . and not to forget the shabby paint job done by the fiat guys ( in the joints of the trunk ) . at the outset i would like to say that its a gud car as you dont have much of alternatives in terms of looks and the size, but the there is a large scope of improvement in terms of quality and service. if someone from the fiat is listening buck up guys as it is now or never for you ! - Saideep

• amit |13 Dec,2009 12:55:16 PM

very nice review. thanks.

• sumit harkapurkar |29 Mar,2010 10:58:18 AM

very helpful comment. FIAT LINEA might be a good car but every car also needs servicing and due care from time to time. so it must be supported with prompt and good quality service centres. and this is where you get disappointed with respect to Maruti SUZUKI.

• Thangavel |09 Jul,2010 05:52:36 PM

yes, excactly this is correct, the fiat car is good,but service is very poor, i want to buy a fiat linea because of service point I am going away from fiat.

• saideepreddy |10 Jul,2010 02:37:42 AM

one yr after purchase i still feel the same as i did an year back ...poor poor treatment by tata service centre's. i am facing lot of issues with the car , suspension noice which i have been telling the service guys since day one but nobody bothers to get it right , how many times do i visit to the centre for a single problem , the left door doesnt open properly , fuel tank lid releases before i unlock it , dam thing doesnt give me porper mileage, i think verna would have been a better bet seeing the service treatment i get just for an i10( second car) . sorry fiat but writing a mail to the fiat company too doesn't fetch anything so theres no one out there from fiat who are willing to change.

• Jay |24 Jul,2010 03:35:48 PM

I'm surprised by the reviews here. I have been using Tata's service for many years now - earlier for Indica and now for Fiat Linea. They have been good. I think it is a question of "as you sow, so you reap". If you have an imagination that this is bad so it would be. My Linea experience has been excellent and Concorde motors have been extremely supportive. The car itself is great in the series. You are all talking about service and I think in this car, you have to less care about that because the machine is itself great. If know to choose and deal with people you need to care less for these little things. I'm not sure what you are expecting out of service - Come and salute you just because you bought a piece of an equipment. Wake up guys!I magine, why would Tata's or Fiat spoil their repute when the market is really hot? Think buddies, you guys need to wake and move to next level rather crying over spilt milk of service. Its all history!

bharat bahnsali |05 Dec,2010 10:47:23 PM

ya brother u r right i agree with u.......

• Jay |24 Jul,2010 03:43:57 PM

Linea emotion, I'm driving this beauty for last three months - Fox trot Azure color and it has been doing excellent. I visited the service center and they were excellent and the service manager gave me his contact for any help. The sales was of excellent support. My suggestion is don't carry imagination that you would get red carpet with any other brand. The smile might be at your wallet and you would smile less as you finish your service than when you enter! I hope you got it. If you are looking for a good car with feature and driving pride - its no doubt, Linea the best. This is my experience!! You may have yours!

• shreepalsharma |07 Aug,2010 08:31:16 PM

I also wish to buy a fiat linea diesel but am apprehensive about service part of it and the cost and availability status of spares.Looks wise it is a great looking car.Would request fiat people to throw some light on my apprehensions and quality controls in the light of some of the observations made by various people on this page.an early response by fiat will help me decide fast on my choice. thanks.

• Saroj |25 Sep,2010 04:35:32 PM

I am planning to buy a Fiat Linea Emotion Pack next month. So if any one have suggesion, plz let me know. I am a bit confuse about the mix review.

• saideep |25 Sep,2010 07:45:09 PM

if mileage and looks is what you looking for then go for it , but be prepared for lil service glitches :)

• manish |06 Apr,2011 10:22:55 PM

hi bro , i think your car door does not open since you put the child lock on .. if they are on the child locks prevent the doors from opening from the inside .. it is a safety feature ... and about the paint .. it is a automated bot which does the painting and not humans like in the good old days .... this is the 21st century brother ... grow up!!!! and dont cry thinking of silly things .... enjoy ur ride mate

saideepreddy |07 Apr,2011 01:10:25 AM

Manish Bhai i am aware wht a child lock is ...my concern was the handle thingy and are yu trying to teach me on the mechanism on the paint job...if thn soo yu can cme dwn an pay a visit to my town ill be the one showing yu the fancy error of this so called automated bot .....i am a consumer who had paid a price to get this so its my right to ask for quality ...now yu know who needs to grow up

• saideep |07 Apr,2011 01:17:41 AM

whoever is reading this space now its been 22 months tht i am driving this car and have dne closely 24k kms , apart from the minor issues i had , the mileage has increased and giving an avg 0f 15.5-16kmpl , its a god car overall and the concern on the service is fianlly addressed by the TATA and have cancelled the dealership of the centre who had failed miserably to keep upto their job , if someone is planning to buy the car just look out for the low ground clearance of the car...rest all can be lived with :)

• Shailesh |21 Aug,2011 09:15:25 PM

:lots of confusion... on review..... buy or not

• jagadeesan |07 Oct,2013 01:35:24 PM

Hai, I would like to buy a second hand fiat linea dyanamic pls state meabout mileage and the maintanence cost