Not happy with the car

By for Chevrolet Sail 2013-09-27 21:24:50.0
  • Appearance

Pros : looks and handling

Cons : sounds from every where, poor interior colours, smell from AC

Look and Style exterior look is good, but interior plastics and colour is poor.   Comfort  good space, seat belts getting struck after releasing.   Pickup average, some times very poor response in the second gear.    Mileage  drove 10.500 kilometers- 15 to 16, on highway you can get 18 at 70kmph.   Best Features driving position, visibility, can handle better than hatch backs in traffics and turnings.   Needs to improve:- most irritating and frustrating things are burning smell from AC when driving uphill ( normal ups and downs on highways), rattling sounds from the doors, some annoying sounds from the wheels, it sounds like old lorry if breaks are applied. feel like selling the car even though i bought it 6 months back. Took it to show room 4 times for the sounds, staff at service center responds well but problem reappears within 2days.   Overall Experience: not happy with the car, i dont suggest any one to buy this car. not worth spending almost 9 lks for this cheap interiored and rattling noisy car.

• Saswat |20 Nov,2013 09:29:59 AM

Hello Srinivas, I'm driving a 1.2 LT ABS. my car also started giving out those noises from the Dashboard, Windshield, Steering wheel, clutch. Believe me, I took my car to the service center (Orange Auto at Sanath Nagar, Hyderabad if you need to be aware). They said that the glass needs to be reset into it's position. This was a known issue in all the sail cars. My car is now fixed and believe me, now I'm a more proud owner of it. So far the lorry sound is concerned, some pebble has probably entered into the rear. It's a common problem with cars when driven in muddy roads. That's what a service center guy (not chevy service center) has told me. It will go away on its own or it will go away with a diesel wash(after removing wheels). So, don't be disheartened and visit a good service centre. If they are unaware of the solution, tell them to contact the service centre I mentioned above. Don't lose your hope on your car. It's still a beautiful car. :)