Mileage - 18 KM/L - You can only dream to have this mileage from Sail sedan

• Appearance

Pros : Looks, Space

Cons : Mileage

Look and Style: Worth as compared to Price.

Comfort: Good legroom, car is meant for 5 persons.

Pickup: To enhance the mileage, I was advised to drive below 1.7 RPM. So what they claim can't be achieved in this vehicle.

Mileage: 10 Km per litre. Right from the day of purchase, I never got the average more than 10. When informed Service Dept, they guided me how to fill up the tank. They said that this vehicle tank is in front. After one month, they called me to verify the mileage. The tank was filled four times in a gap of 1 minute. They said this is the way to fill up the tank. Once it was filled, their person drove in almost an empty road. We drove for 50 KM and filled up the tank again. It was again filled up for 4 times to fill up to its head. The average was 21km. Crossed the company reading!!! There were so many conditions for getting this average. One of them was to drive below 1.7 RPM.

I drove again and put 40 litres every time in a gap of 10 days. And never I got the mileage above 10. Then they advised me that after first service, it will improve. But the average is same, not above 10 km.

Don't ever go for Sail vehicle. For cost reduction, the vehicle is deprived of many such facilities, which you can find in even a NANO.

Best Features: A car with a design of HONDA City, with less price. But the features like the sheet of the body, even the dust on the road if it strikes the body there is a sound.

Needs to improve: Mileage, Body sheet, Clutch system, Gear-box

Overall Experience: It is not worth, for few thousands more or go for some other vehicle.

Comments Chevrolet Sail
  • Madhu Nair |02 Jul,2015 03:26:19 PM

I am planning to buy Chevorlet Sail In petrol Version. Are you still having mileage issue with this Car?

dilip patro |02 Jul,2015 05:36:25 PM

Yeah ... it is same ... No further improvement .

Chevrolet Sail review scorecard