Questionable. Low Mileage

• Appearance

Pros : Good looking great drive

Cons : questionable low mileage

I have purchased the Beat PS and was assured of a good mileage around 15 kms, on city roads (Bangalore) and around 18 on long drivers, however I find that i am not getting mileage more than 8-9 kms on city roads. i thought initially this was due to the tuning upto 1000kms. I hear that is not the case, however, i am asked to continue to drive, and see, i am not sure, i hope things improve. I would be hugely disappointed and it would not be worth the cost, if am going to get anything less than 14 kms on city roads.

Comments Chevrolet Beat
  • Bilash Banerjee |09 Mar,2010 06:11:32 AM

Generally Euro 3 engines needs atleast 3000 to 5000 kms run before you can expect a good mileage. However chevy cars have a bad reputations in terms of mileage as the ECU takes longer to set.

• vinay |11 Mar,2010 07:19:21 PM

It depends on traffic conditions. and bangalore has bad reputaion

• Sarath |18 Mar,2010 07:36:41 AM

I am also facing similar problem with mileage. It only gave 9 for thge first 1200 Kms. I had its first service done but has not improved much. Now a days I get around 10-11.

• Anando |17 Apr,2010 08:58:17 AM

Same, horrible mileage for 10-12 and that also because I drive very carefully..If I pump the RPM mileage is under 10..thats pathetic...if this continues we should collaboratively sue GM.

• Ravi |17 Apr,2010 08:39:06 PM

I have done 250km on my beat and getting mileage of 8km in delhi.... my 10 year old santro gives 11km.... any reasons for low mileage? will it improve?

• Muralidharan |19 Apr,2010 03:18:21 AM

Now i am getting around 11 kms in city and 16 kms on highways. The ECM was reset and the Spark plugs adjusted. With this the Pick up has improved. (was terribly annoyed to see smaller cars zip past) The Low mileage is a trend now for this vehicle. The Moral of the story is If you want to buy a car first check up with the maintenance department, as to what is the expected mileage. Dont go by what the front office salesman says Nor what the brocure says nor what the net says. Would definitely request GM to examine this aspect and may be recall the car for re adjustments.

• Ravi |19 Apr,2010 06:14:30 PM

now after completing 500kms...m gtng avg of 10kms...... hope it will improve by the time i reach 1000kms....... most of the people in other thread are claimg avg to be arnd 14-15 in city.... IS THEIR PROBLEM WITH MY CAR ALSO? muralidharan if u can help? what did gm guys tld u abt ecm? You got this adjustment done on the 1st service?

• Muralidharan |20 Apr,2010 08:58:18 AM

do not go by claims that people are getting 14- 15 on city roads. seeing in believing. Please get them check all the parameters and if necessary reset the ECM for better pick up and mileage.

• apoorv bajpai |22 Apr,2010 12:18:09 PM

i tink to get good milage wait for 2-3 services or may be a little more because its a euro 3 engine

• Vijayan. K |06 May,2010 10:50:03 AM

I have purchased a BEAT LS and completed 800km. Now I am getting more than 20km per litre on highway. Engine knocking sensor is there. So one can drive on fifth gear even at speed of 40km/hr. Service engineer has instructed me to use fifth gear and apply less acceleration to achieve more mileage.

• Abhishek |07 May,2010 08:10:03 PM

Hi, I am Abhishek. I purchased Chevrolet Beat LT on 24 Feb 2010. In starting the pick up of the car with AC is very low. My first service is done on 800km and the sevice guy told that he will adjust the pick up

• updesh kumar |25 Jun,2010 08:38:13 PM

• Jagbir Bhogal |30 Aug,2010 08:05:15 PM

I purchased Beat two weeks ago and have done 1300 Km on it. The mileage is pathetic i am getting between 7-9 kmpl in city and 11-13 on Highway. Thats shit. I travelled 600kms in hills and I felt like putting the car on fire (such low picku). My Santro does better that this. Two days back, at 1000kms service, I got the ECM programmed but there is no improvement.I will go again in a day or two and see what these GM buggers have to say. Its a fine car with fine dynamics and great handling and interior but not worth if that low is the mileage. I hope to get the ECM reprogrammed in a day or two. I will post my feedback again.

• Muralidharan |31 Aug,2010 09:01:49 AM

Do NOt expect great change in mileage after service.if you can get 11-12 kms you must be happy.

• Pravin Khanavkar |17 Nov,2010 08:06:17 AM

Hello i am pravin. I have seen BEAT LT car. Look is very nice but i dont know how to get more mileage. I want 20kmpl in highway and 17kmpl in city. So please tell and help me.

Team CarDekho |18 Nov,2010 03:16:23 PM

The Beat is a very chick looking car with futuristic design on the out and inside too. Its driven by an refined 1.2 MTec petrol unit that delivers 16.5kmpl at the best, if you want a Beat with higher efficiency you will have to wait for its Diesel version that would be launching in early 2011. Thanks, CarDekho Team

• Capt. Muralidharan |17 Nov,2010 08:32:44 AM

The pathetic aspect is no body at Chevorlet CAN do anything about it..and understand very little about as everything is computer controlled. Maybe the Throttle design is not allowing adequate air in. Maybe rectification of this would be helpful. thanks

• Shankar S |21 Nov,2010 01:28:12 PM

Hi. I purchased Chevy Beat (KA-09 Z-3091)On 28th May 10, Now I have done 10450 KM on its ODO, from day one am getting the mileage around 20-21 in highways(75% of my total run) & in city its around 17-18 without AC. With AC am getting 1.5 to 2KM lesser mileage. As on date there is no problem with beat except little noisy rear suspension. Beat is a good car for its price.

Neil |09 Mar,2011 01:11:36 PM

Shankar, Mileage claimed by you is for one liter or 2 liters of petrol.

• Muralidharan |22 Nov,2010 09:41:15 AM

Shankar, Looks like, you have a different vehicle.. or You do not have a vehicle,, or you do not know what your are writing about.. or you are writing for somebody else. now which one is true. When everybody is saying that the mileage is as low 8-12 kms.. where are you coming from to say Beat is giving you 17-18 on city roads( and which city is this) .. and that when We do not get 17 on Highways..? Car Dekho.. please do not entertain some wild claims..on your site.. or is Car Dekho is a party to this..?

shaheer |03 Jan,2013 11:03:48 AM

I purchased beat ps in this weak... I thought that . it gives me much fuel efficiency. as GEEM said... I covered 320 km . I have get 10-11 km/litre on city as 80% ac on... I asking you guys how can I get much better milage... plz help me.....

• pranzal |21 Dec,2010 11:15:00 PM

its a goddamn fucin* website..give little reply on comments ,n r also usekess.its an waste of time..dats all.......

• KULDEEP RANA |08 Jun,2011 01:42:23 PM

I purchased Beat 3 weeks ago and have done 800 Km on it. The mileage is pathetic i am getting between 9-10 kmp in city and 11-13 on Highway. Thats shit.

• sujit |18 Aug,2011 03:32:25 PM

come on guys m using beat from 5 months, reading is 5418, for better mileage on highways drive in 5th gear at a speed of 70-80 kmph then definitely you will get around 20-21 kmpl for sure.

• Rakesh Sihag |10 May,2014 02:17:02 PM

i am facing the average and technical problem in Beat Petrol LPG,, very poor service... i suggest,, pls not think about this car

Chevrolet Beat review scorecard