No pickup with AC

By for Chevrolet Beat from Faridabad 2010-07-05 16:25:53.0
  • Appearance

Pros : good looks

Cons : pickup dies when ac is switched on

Hi, I purchased beat LS on January 24 and gifted it to my parents on their anniversary. The car seems good initially but later we realized that the car actually dies when AC is on , no pickup, i visited GM service center and made a complaint, the servicing was done but nothing has changed and the car is not doing any good. I was using Santro for last 5 yrs before this and has a far better pickup and mileage. Regards, Vaibhav Bajaj

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this March
  • Nikhil Kumar Yadav |06 Jul,2010 03:04:49 PM

I AM ALSO IN PLANNING TO CHEVROLET BEAT LS BUT I AM LOITTLE BIT CONFUSED AFTER READING THIS NEWS ABOUT BEAT.SO CAN U SUGGEST ME WHAT CAR SHOULD I BUY WHICH WOULD BE B ETTER PLZ CONTACT:-= 9893243943

• RANA |12 Jul,2010 03:05:37 PM

Please dont cry ..It will makw u cry..Go for Ritz/Hyndaii I20

• Nikhil |15 Jul,2010 12:05:46 AM

Hiiiii thanx 4 ur review plz suggest me in buying a new car for gift to my brother i can go upto 4-5 lacs. plz suggest me the good company too.

• sanjiban |28 Jul,2010 02:23:17 PM

go for beat.nice car,nice milage,spacious interior.really great to drive

• vaibhav |28 Jul,2010 06:19:20 PM

Guys, My suggestion for you dont go for this car. Please find below the reasons : Low Milage :11- 12 KM /L Very low Pickup with AC on Problem in 2nd and 3rd gear as the car has no pickup on 2nd gear. Also my personal experience with the Dealer "Regent Motors" in Faridabad has been worst. I have to wait for 2 months just to get the free accesories with the car e.g mudflaps , carmats and they never used to respond to our calls after we made the payment. Remember "All that glitters is not Gold :(" Thanks, Vaibhav Bajaj

• darshan |30 Jul,2010 08:04:27 PM

thats not true.. i use dis car and this is really a great car to drive. i get a FE of about 17-19

• Sagar |05 Aug,2010 12:52:37 PM

Even i am getting good fuel economy from this car around 18 in city Dont wry just go for Beat...:)

• Ayan Dhara |07 Aug,2010 03:42:41 PM

Guys this is a nice car - I am a proud owner of chevy beat over 3months now. The interior / exterior, driving experience, AC< space - everything is nice. But I am also facing the same problem of no pick up in 2nd gear with AC is on. Also I am getting a fuel service of 11-12 km/l in city of Kolkata. I am not sure this is bad or average. I stay in a much populated area.

• Hussain |07 Aug,2010 09:55:09 PM

I am getting a fuel service of 11-12 km/ some time my battery is down

• Dheeraj Sikka |13 Aug,2010 05:28:16 PM

Mr. Vaibhav you are kindly requested to refer to the correct Garage name which is Regent Automobiles instead of Regent Motors, your mistake is harming unnecessarily the reputation of another reputed garage who is not a GM dealer.

• rakesh |18 Aug,2010 03:57:56 PM

Guys,I have Beat LT Model and its has been giving me 19 Kmpl in Hw

• ABHISHEK JHAMB |12 Sep,2010 07:03:20 AM

Bhaiyo gaddi badi hi bakwaas hai avg to city main 8.5 ki hi hai paisa bekaar mat karo

• Chandan |24 Sep,2010 04:38:53 PM

I also had the same problem, but it was resolved during first servicing of the car. You should visit the service center for the same and they will resolve it ASAP for you.

• anup |03 Nov,2010 10:28:40 PM

bhai mere paas beat lt hai mein to ye kehta hu this a best car in small segment