Mixed feelings on Test Drive S10 7 Seater

• Appearance

Pros : Road Grip, Braking, Airconditioning, hand rest, Nav Aid and Audio System,

Cons : Shuddering when decelerating, poor quality plastic in the interior, door knobs arent smooth, mileage

Look and Style: Looks wise I would give it a thumbs up but that s only when I compare it to the older versions of Scorpio.

Comfort: Better comfort than before. The side hand rest does makes for more comfort driving for long distance especially.

Pickup: Not bad at all. I liked the engine response.

Mileage: Seems low to me. Not a plus here.

Best Features: Very good braking. Fantastic AC in the front and rear is comfortable. Great road grip on high speed sharp turns. Loved this. Needs to improve the deceleration. When you switch the car from 5th gear to neutral and continue braking, the body shudders, road grip remains good, brakes remain good but the shuddering is really annoying. A quiet car inside but I drove two different demo vehicles of the same model. The more mileage you clock, the noise inside the cabin goes up several notches.The comfort is better than the previous Scorpio.

Interiors - AC is effective for both front and back seats. Engine noise, drove two different Demo vehicles. The first one had done about 200kms on the Odometer and had barely any engine noise, quiet cat. The second one had done about 575kms and the noise inside the cabin went up several notches. Love the Nav System and the sound system is good.

Didn't like the fact that there is no demo vehicle in the 4x4 category. How do I decide one until I drive one? The disappointment is when you slow down the vehicle, say from 5th gear to straight neutral and apply brakes, the vehicle responds well brake-wise but wobbles quite a bit in terms of body and engine shuddering. The grip is good but it makes you wonder if the engine will shut down. The quality of the plastic is a damper.

Overall Experience: Mixed feelings for now.‚Äč

Comments Mahindra Scorpio
  • sukant |12 Dec,2014 05:58:33 PM

Please call me soon

• shiv pratap singh hada |11 Apr,2015 08:20:04 AM

Not a space in car not a comfort

amar s Goudappanavar |13 Apr,2015 01:49:39 AM

Overall new Scorpio is good and it rises person image.....

• Naman Bajaj |29 Jan,2016 11:42:54 PM

I have taken test drive of automatic version, it seems to be good. But I am looking for 4x4 version. Waiting for review if any one has bought it.

• rishi |18 Apr,2016 09:53:18 PM

Good. SUV , i like my Scorpio too much

• Gaggisekhon |16 Aug,2016 07:43:52 PM

Very GooD Suv scorpio s10

• joram loma |26 Sep,2016 08:35:06 PM

Not comfortable or poor mileage

Mahindra Scorpio review scorecard