Poor man's Alfa Romeo

for Emotion Pack (Diesel)

Before i test drived the multijet i thought better get ready for some compromise as per the reviews which i read of car being underpowered and of being a little noisy. However, when i sat in the cabin started the car i have to really listen hard to hear some noise. what i am talking about is usual driving condition with closed windows with aircon. (all diesels make noise- fiesta,octavia, innova, even merc when heard from outside). It is inside cabin noise which matters. there were no vibrations on the gearing knob or steering wheel at idle(some can be felt in palio mjd although very very low). i found the pick up quite decent with linear accelaration. I dont think i require more from a car at least in India especially if i get more fuel efficiency by sacrificing some horsepower. The car is very silent, vibration free. The steering is absolute pleasure to handle. I didnt feel i am driving a big car and i was at ease in just 3 mins time. I was on 2nd gear at the speed around 20-30 kph. then the sales ex. asked me to put 5th gear. I just looked at him. He said please do it and I did. To my utter surprie the car just kept going without any knocking. I left the cluth, brake,accelator alone and the car just kept going as if on cruise control. This is what just floored me and removed any doubts about the car. Later in a week had a test drive of petrol version. more quiter, more refined, no doubts whatsoever. Above this-blue & me is like pampering yourself, features list is too long to keep track off. I think one cannot ask more, you have to hand it to fiat this time with the price that it is offering. i booked a linea petrol today. I am sure this car is going to turn heads. Lookwise the car is unbeatable

By basil
On: Jun 14, 2009 | 4756 Views

Write your Comment on Fiat Linea 2007-2013

4 comments
c
cool dude
Sep 24, 2010 12:38:54 AM

i own a fiat linea 1.3multijet.and drove about 1500 kms.their is no noise inside the cabin despite of being a diesel engine.the seats & space at rear is at premium.the interiors and exteriors of car is simply awesome which can make anybodys head turn and it also looks more pricey then actually it is.AC is very powerful.ride,handling & suspension is so good that you do not feel any bumps during ride.the only let down is the initial pickup of car is low.otherwise a very good value for money car which can satisfy each n every need of customer in this segment.

a
    amarjit talukdar
    Jul 15, 2010 1:06:04 PM

should i wait for the T-jet ?

A
      amit kumar
      May 13, 2010 7:13:43 PM

I would like to know when will the New Linea Tjet will launch in mumbai. I am eager to know the exact date if any body can help me? Please Linea Mjt diesel is just perfect but T-jet will be something amazing to own one.

Fiat Linea 2008 2011
        This car model has expired