An excellent possession!!

14 people found it helpful. 1921 ViewsWrite Review
  • Appearance

Pros : Great Design/Style, Handling, Features

Cons : Sub-standard A/C; very low ground clearance (- great indian roads!!)

I M a proud owner of an Emotion PK (Petrol) version, purchased from Ghosh Brothers, Guwahati, in May, 2009. The ground clearance is a great concern for this Buggy, especially while travelling over roads in North Bengal & parts in Assam. I've already done around 17500kms and over-all performance has been found to be quite satisfactory so far. Pick-up is good - while shifting from 2nd to 3rd you are way across 40kmph & by the time u r in over-drive u'd cross 80kmph. If steady at 80kmph for long I've got upto 17-18+kmpl but then where are the roads for such drives?? The A/C should be looked into by FIAT. After prolong use (say,4hrs+ continous use) it succumbs at high ambient temps like at +38C. Perhaps the relevant censor/thermostat is faulty. FIAT should try & address this grievance of the existing customers/owners which would be highly appreciated. Ground clearance, if raised, would be of great relief.

Comments Fiat Linea 2008-2011
  • amit |03 Aug,2010 09:28:26 PM

Thanks for the detailed review. What is the maintenance cost of linea ? can you please tell

• arun |25 Oct,2010 08:16:17 AM

This is a relevnt view and would like to know weather the changes are taken care off in new model petrol tjet and the correct details of mileage. Secondly, the maintenance and spare part cost.

• Narendra Bafna |28 Oct,2010 10:32:38 PM

Well, I have a Linea Emotion PK (Diesel). When I took delivery of the car I made one specific change. I switched all the 5 standard tyres of spec. 195/60/R15 to Bridgestone Tyres of spec. 205/65/R15. Please note R15 is the Rim size specified in inches. 195 0r 205 is the nominal width of the tyres in mm measured from outer wall to outer wall. 60 and 65 is the ratio of the height of the wall of the tyre to its nominal width. This change in tyres effectively raised the ground clearance from 161 mm specified to 175.5 mm. The cost incurred was Rs. 10,000/-. Please note this change made a fantastic difference to the ride quality. no more problem of the nose hitting bumps. Road grip is far better and improved even on curves at high speed. Average on long drives is coming 16 kilometres. At the same speed the car is covering 105 kms as against 100 kms with the standard tyres (The circumferential distance covered per revolution of the wheel is more with the new tyres) The blokes at Tata Motors have not been able to recalibrate the milometer/kilometer readings as yet ( I do not understand why as only a simple ratio requires changing by means of their scanner). I would suggest to all owners of the Linea 'CHANGE ALL YOUR TYRES' and you will find the performance dramatically improving and your rating and appreciation of the car will zoom.

• Himanshu joshi |08 Dec,2010 08:41:51 PM

@ narendra ...kindly call me my no is 09435372006..

• muralidhara |17 Dec,2010 10:18:20 PM

I intend to purchase linea emotion pack petrol..... but worried much after reading the reviews about ground clearance , a/c performance and pickup ....... Can anybody sincerely advice me about this .. should i go for this car or not ? ...then if not this car , then which car should i go for in the same price tag ? plaese reply soon ...

• SOORAJ |04 Mar,2011 03:48:57 PM

don't worry abt any othr think....oly prbl is ground clearance,but we can solv it by narendran's cmmnt ...its true....othrwise linea izz just rockngggggg.........

Fiat Linea 2008-2011 review scorecard