The best Diesel hatchback-Grande Punto

for Active (Diesel)

I have to admit before writing the review that I was very nervous after taking the decision of buying a Fiat Grande Punto as not many people were aware of the on road performance of the car. After 8000 kms covered I am finally relieved with the fact that this car actually drops me to my office every morning. Whether it was in the heavily crowded roads of Agra or on freeways and highways, the car has always performed exceptionally well and made me proud of the decision. Indeed for an average Indian family with 2 adults an 2 kids, there can't be a better option. I feel that this car is a completely value for money option as even the basic model (Active) that i chose has power steering, front power windows, tilt steering, internally adjustable rear view mirrors, and AC vents for the rear passengers under the front seats. In terms of looks I would like to sum up by quoting that its a head turner an charmer. The boot is sufficiently enough with space for a 30 inch suitcase or two 22 inch suitcases along with some handbags. Initially I had to struggle to get the gear shift right as I was driving a Santro before this and the shift it provided was very smooth. But, just in two days of Punto drive I was comfortable with the gear shifts and now I find it very smooth and comfortable. The suspension is good and so is the ground clearance. My entire family is a travelling freak and we all love to explore different places in our own conveyance. On an average I get a mileage of approximately 15kmpl and am very happy with that. On and all its a great car and I feel a good buy.

By sahil
On: Aug 18, 2010 | 5638 Views

Write your Comment on Fiat Grande Punto 2009-2013

6 comments
u
unniraj vs
Jan 30, 2012 9:35:29 PM

its not a car in disel just like a flight fly in aviation fuel!

N
    naresh sharma
    Dec 25, 2010 12:27:32 PM

I am a proud owner of Fiat Grand Punto (Diesel) for the last one year. The machine is comfortable, powerful and awesome in looks. Gives mileage above 19 Kms per litre. Wholly satisfied with my decision to go with Fiat.

C
      cardekho team
      Dec 22, 2010 3:50:04 PM

The Punto 1.2 is the smallest engine option available on the car. Its a peppy and efficient engine as compared to the other 2 options on the Punto. Performance is moderate and dont expect the 1.2 to be a race car the USP of this varient is efficiency. Driving pleasure is good and so is the fit and finish. Rear seat comfort is very comfortable for 2 adults and a 3rd one can fit in. Thanks, CarDekho Team

Fiat Grande Punto 2009-2013
        This car model has expired