LS ABS Good but not the best

• Appearance

Pros : Value for money, Engine, smooth ride, boot space, comfort.

Cons : Roof top thickness, long way clutch, poor pick up on 2nd/ 3rd gear. Chevrolet service.

Look and Style Nice & Perfect. Comfort Satisfactory or say just good. Pickup OK not the best again. Mileage 15lt/km with AC Best Features Smooth Ride, side beams are really good. Sterio, AC & Boot space. Needs to improve Clutch system not a good choice for start stop condition, very long way clutch. Roof top is a concern, didnt understand, is that really some steel material or just a paper thin sheet? Overall Experience 3/5 ( 1 less is for chevrolet services which are not good at all and 1 down for the car)

Comments Chevrolet Sail Hatchback
  • saptarshi |10 Dec,2013 01:39:18 PM

Go to any Chevrolet service center or any local Car Service center (who has good reputation) and ask them to adjust the clutch settings, ask them to reduce the clutch travel/throw, it is matter 60 seconds for them. I did it, and it is now absolutely breeze to drive in start-stop traffic. You will feel a lot difference, and will notice early Clutch bite so be prepared for that. My drive has become very smoother and enjoyable after shortening the clutch pedal travel. The Sail is now very much eager to start off the from Red line, while Shifting gear it feels like CVTs, absolutely no jerk between gear change, minimum clutch slip, confidence in dense traffic.

Vaseem |20 Jan,2014 02:30:27 PM

Hi Saptarshi, Thanks for your comments. I have recently bought SAIL UVA (2014), also i am new driver and in chennai traffic as well, i feel bit difficult in First gear clutch release, and vehicle stops often in signals... as per your suggestion shall i go back to the Service centre and ask them for clutch adjustment ? any specific thing do i need to take care of while doing this?...

saptarshi |21 Jan,2014 11:55:41 PM

Hi Vaseem, I understand your problem. I was facing the same issue initially though i am driving since 2008 (was driving Spark 2008-2013). So you could understand the travel of the clutch pedal is quite long for an ameture driver too. It was difficult for me to hold/half clutch for some time when required in dense traffic. Hence, i did the modification according to my likings. I would suggest you to visit Chevy service centre first, ask them that the Clutch pedal travel is too long and you are facing problem and your left foot is getting the hit. Tell them to reduce the travel by 1/2 or 1 inch, they can do it by adjusting the Clutch wire. Good luck.

Vaseem |04 Feb,2014 03:16:28 PM

Thanks saptarshi, sorry i was away for some time hence delayed reply. Sure, i am slowly getting used to the long way clutch ..drived only 50 kms last week. However my first service is due on in 10 days and i will discuss with chevy guys on the same. i feel it would be good if they help to reduce the clutch 1 or 1/2 inch. Lets see i will update you the same. also i am planning to go for interior decor like car seats, small clock , gear knob etc. :) with some city's good decors(you have any specific?)

saptarshi |06 Feb,2014 10:08:50 AM

Nice to hear from you Vaseem, I am also planning for Seat covers, Driver arm rest (will source it from, very light colored sun-film (Summer is Calcutta is just unbearable without Sun-film). Driver's arm rest is much required for me for my long trips. Pls update once you put the gear knob, i am bit skeptical about this - how it will look, but i wanted to put one. Current mileage is around 14kmpl in city Without Air-conditioner (Petrol). Will take the car to my nearest car decor shop for interior vacuum cleaning.

Vaseem |12 Feb,2014 02:30:22 PM

Sure Saptarshi, i am planning to visit the car decor shop by this weekend 15/16, even i need Sun-Flim, though the city rules says we shouldn't put one, its very much necessary during hot days, in that way we can feel the AC inside.. When i called the Guy from car decor he was saying his suggestion not to change the Gear knob as it won't fit as much good as the company one.. might not feel the comfort he was saying. However once visit the shop i might get some more idea on this. :)

• Ramesh Kumar |04 Feb,2014 12:44:54 PM

Hi, I am totaly confused which car want to buy, before i plan to buy hunday grand i 10 after i plane to buy chevrolet u-va please any help me because i will plane to buy new car this month

• pinaki das |30 Sep,2014 01:14:04 PM

dear saptarshi, i like to purchase one of the three hatch backs eg,swift vxi,grand i10 sportz or sail hatch back(all petrol).please help me to choose. i am really budget is 5.5. i am in kolkata,montly drive about 900km.

• Sumit Kumar |08 Dec,2014 07:48:36 PM

Dear, I purchase Sail sail UVA in Oct - 14, even after running approx 5000 km mailage is not improving in city with out ac aprrox 10 to 12 KMPL, or highway 15 KMPL, another all things are normal, Second thing is that vehical is good but after sell service is to poor in Delhi & NCR, releationship manager is to poor, and not able to satisfy user, over all now the fuel cost high, need to think

• M Shrirao |21 Dec,2014 11:39:06 PM

I Want To Purchase Sail UVA....In First Look I Like This Vehicle (Specially Hatchback).....Even I Tried For Suzuki RITZ I am Totally Confused .......Can Any One Help Me Out

• B . THAKUR |24 Apr,2015 09:17:38 PM