Chevrolet sail uva review

• Appearance

Pros : Nothing

Cons : All

Look and Style Looks is ok but not belongs to 2013 Comfort Spacious car but missing some essential features, top model does not have steering mounted control, firm seats, oddly located power window switches, window glass noise when half rolled down, dashboard noise Pickup Pickup is very good with towing by another car Mileage 10 KMPL in city and 13 KMPL on highway, too low as compare to claimed by Chevrolet  Best Features Nothing Needs to improve.                                                                                                                                              Just stop making cars , put chilly powder in customer eye and take his money and kick him                                                                                                                                                                                                          Overall Experience I have purchased Chevrolet Sail uva LS abs diesel on 31st march 2013 and this is the worst decision of my life. after two months of purchase  2100 KM on board my car?s engine got stuck. I took my car to the nearest service center, after inspection the Service engineer said that there is an engine problem and whole engine replace under warranty. He said that crank shaft pulley bolt has been broken. And now after 2400 km with new engine, problem starts again. My car refuse to start and now Chevrolet engineer said that my car?s engine will be changed once again. Why I spend 7 lacs on a diesel car. I am crying with sail uva because I purchased sail uva by taking HDFC car loan. Why I purchase this car? I am asking this question with me every minute every hour. Chevrolet stole my money. I want my money back.Total three & half months of purchase after only 4500 km run, engine changed twice and not only me there are many other customers who facing this kind of problem with Chevrolet sail diesel or sail uva diesel and also Chevrolet stop production of sail and sail uva diesel models since june 2013 because of quality issues and they are not able to find the root cause now. ac switch light useless, power window switch in centre ,  remote key buttons  u must press them many times to open car, all doors dashbord too noisy. Poor mileage only 10 KMPL. Why Chevrolet launch this kind of product without doing much R & D. Chevrolet cheating with the poor customers. GM is a fraud company. "Chevrolet" One more failure of GM after opel.  If you want to spend your hard earn money in any American company so please pay to Microsoft foundation not to General Motors NEVER BUY CHEVROLET.

Comments Chevrolet Sail Hatchback
  • sandeep |01 Aug,2013 10:32:34 PM

pls explain is honda brio better than sail u va?

• tony |04 Aug,2013 12:30:30 PM

dear sandeep,i have been owing sail uva diesel since december 2012 and almost completed 7000kms .i have had no issue with the car til date except minor ones like cluttering of windows when half rolled down.I have had travelled with 3 females 2kids aged 3 and 4 and 3 male members on trips one side 250kms which they were manageable and not too congested because of leg space .U wil not find this legspace in any vehicle this class.The average intercity has been 15.5 to 18.5 depending on traffic with ac on.Highway on and off ac usage this gives plus 22kms even gave 24kmpl.Til date no issue with engine til date.I drove between 65 to 80km speed on highway.Brio is no match for this car in terms of comfort or mileage .But honda engine petrol is also all depends on wht u expect from ur car and diesel or petrol and comfort looks etc.

• lr |09 Aug,2013 05:37:55 PM

I am contemplating on buying this car (diesel). with all these comments on the pros and cons, Im so very confused now. Help

• Amit |10 Aug,2013 10:45:44 AM

Never buy sail or sail uva diesel. GM temporarily halt production of these cars due to quality issues and still after 2 months they are not able to identify the root cause. Go with honda amaze or swift dzire

• Amit setia |10 Aug,2013 10:53:56 AM

Sandeep, if you want hatchback then go for swift or wait for i10 grand

• mukesh sharma |23 Aug,2013 10:55:34 PM

Yes , never purchase . I purchased this car in 26 DEC 12 . Poor milage only 10 KMPL , WHOLE CAR IS RUSTING. CHEVROLEY DOING NOTHING . Ready to go consumer court

• pankaj |29 Aug,2013 02:57:43 PM

please give me suggestion i am going to purchase u-va petrol in this month so please give me right suggestion on this petrol so that me take right decision my budget is 5 L ..if another one ...u suggest ,,, plllll

• Dave |15 Oct,2013 01:02:26 PM

My car SAIL-UVA Petrol dirven almost 11000 KMs. The response was really good with no major issue. Offcourse there are few minor issues like long clutch pedel and sensitive. The other car do have some problem.

• Dr.S.Gopalakrishnan |25 Aug,2014 11:55:53 AM

I have purchased SAIL UVA LT ABS model and driven almost 29,000/- in 18 months. So far I have not faced any problems. It is giving 20.5 kms/liter averagely with AC. I am a very satisfied person.

• hameer |30 Sep,2014 03:44:54 PM

i want to purchase sail #back petrol reading review i am confused plz help go for sail or swift or i20

• Vishwajeet |04 Jan,2015 10:16:06 AM

Did 15,000 km on Sail LS Diesel. Excellent experience so far. Drove across India - Manipal Karnataka to Ahmadabad in one go. Simply impressed with engine performance on highways (although not so good on hilly terrain, due to low response in 2nd gear). However when things are flat (like expressways), swift and even Honda amaze shy away (I have never flat footed my accelerator). Mileage varies between 20-18 km/l depending on drive condition/speed. Beyond 120 km/h speed Mileage goes down to 16-17. No competing car matches on space and ride quality.

Chevrolet Sail Hatchback review scorecard