i8 Latest Update
Latest update: The new BMW i8 Roadster, showcased at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo in February, along with the facelifted i8 Coupe are expected to be launched in India by the end of 2018.
BMW i8 price and variant: The i8 is not on sale in India currently. It was priced at Rs 2.62 crore (ex-showroom India) when it was on sale in the country.
BMW i8 powertrain: The BMW i8 is a plug-in hybrid sports car and its powertrain is a combination of a petrol engine and an electric motor with power going to all four wheels.
BMW i8 engine and motor: The mid-mounted 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder engine drives the rear wheels and produces a maximum output of 235PS and 320Nm. The electric motor, meanwhile, drives the front axle and is rated at 131PS and 250Nm. Altogether, the hybrid system has a combined output of 363PS and 570Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic, while the electric motor is mated to a 2-speed gearbox when driving in full electric mode.
Performance: The BMW i8 can dash from 0 to 100kmph in just 4.4 seconds and keep going till the electronically limited top speed of 250kmph.
Fuel efficiency and range: The BMW i8 returns a certified fuel efficiency of 47.45kmpl and the hybrid sports car has an all-electric range in the range of 25-35km. The i8 can achieve a top speed of up to 120kmph in EV mode.
BMW i8 features: The BMW i8 is a premium car and is well equipped as such. It packs plenty of safety in the form of six airbags, ABS with brake assist and cornering brake control, ISOFIX child seat anchors and dynamic stability control with dynamic traction control. Other features on offer include auto LED lighting on both ends, dual-zone climate control, powered front seats, multi-view camera with object recognition, a 10.2-inch iDrive infotainment display with a 360W Harman Kardon 11-speaker surround sound system, BMW head-up display and front and rear parking sensors, among others.
BMW i8 competition: The i8 was and is expected to remain the sole plug-in hybrid sports car in the country so it does not have any direct rivals.
BMW i8 News
The open-top version of the i8 was showcased alongside the i3s hatchback
BMW will launch the facelifted version of the i8 by end 2017. The car will get various updates, right from powertrain to weight reduction.
A range of aftermarket bodykits and parts have been released by Japan based, Energy Motor Sport for the BMW i8. The company has showcased an updated i8, which features various aesthetic, as well as fu
Andy Murray got himself a BMW i8 when he won the 2015 BMW Open by FWU AG 2015. The final, which was postponed until Monday for the first time in the history of the tournament due to persistent rain, w
BMW i8 has been awarded the World Green Car award at the World Car Awards 2015, making this the third time BMW is getting the honour. BMW i3 won the same award in 2014 and BMW 118d won it in 2008. The
BMW i8 Videos
- 1:32The most revolutionary car at the Auto Expo 2016.Feb 10, 2016
- 9:2BMW i8 | Expert Review | CarDekho.comSep 22, 2015
- 7:18BMW i8 :: Video ReviewSep 04, 2015
- 10:26BMW i8 - Road Test Review (India)Apr 04, 2015
- 10:48Radical new BMW i8 hybrid sports car drivenApr 04, 2015
BMW i8 Images
BMW i8 Price
|UPCOMINGRoadster1499 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 47.45 kmpl||Rs.2.25 Cr*|
|UPCOMINGSpyder1499 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 47.45 kmpl||Rs.3.3 Cr*|
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
BMW i8 Review
Available in a single variant, the BMW i8 is priced at Rs 2.62 crore (ex-showroom India).
With a hefty sticker price, the BMW i8 is certainly not a logical buy. It is rather about the statement you make with this forerunner of future performance motoring, which will be fun as well as efficient and greener.
Pros & Cons of BMW i8
Things We Like
- Futuristic styling makes it stand out in front of more capable and similarly priced supercars
- The BMW i8 is not only fast but extremely frugal as well, with a nearly 50kmpl certified fuel efficiency figure
- Significantly green compared to other performance as well as regular cars with combined CO2 emissions of 50.369g/km
- Lightweight construction with an amalgamation of a carbon fibre passenger tub and an aluminium chassis
Things We Don't Like
- Given the exclusivity the i8 holds, BMW should’ve featured exclusive parts on the inside as it has several common components from the BMW parts bin
- The exorbitant price tag makes it fall into better-performing supercar territory
Stand Out Features
Eyeball-grabbing scissor doors favour easy ingress and egress
Healthy 35km all-electric drive up to 120kmph fulfils everyday intercity needs
BMW i8 User Reviews
Rate & Review
- Latest (7)
- Most helpful (7)
- Engine (3)
- Looks (3)
- Power (3)
- Driver (2)
- More ...
The i8?s performance is quite frankly astonishing for a car with a three-cylinder engine. The combination of a 227bhp petrol engine and a 129bhp electric motor means it c...
This car has made the world sit up and check this out for a number of reasons. One is the styling that is not beautiful in all traditional sense but a car that comes stra...
- View All i8 Reviews
BMW i8 Mileage
The claimed ARAI mileage for the automatic variant: BMW i8 Petrol is 47.45 kmpl.
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
Have any question? Ask now!
Guaranteed response within 48 hours
Write your Comment on BMW i8
Trending BMW Cars
Other Upcoming Cars
- MG HectorRs.17.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jul 15, 2019
- Tata AltrozRs.6.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jun 15, 2019
- Toyota RushRs.10.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Feb 20, 2020
- Kia SportageRs.15.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 01, 2020
- Bajaj Qute (RE60)Rs.2.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Mar 15, 2020
- Tesla Model 3Rs.48.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Dec 23, 2019