- + 40Images
- + 3Colours
BMW i8Change car
i8 Latest Update
Latest update: The new BMW i8 Roadster, showcased at the 2018 Indian Auto Expo in February, along with the facelifted i8 Coupe are expected to be launched in India by the end of 2018.
BMW i8 price and variant: The i8 is not on sale in India currently. It was priced at Rs 2.62 crore (ex-showroom India) when it was on sale in the country.
BMW i8 powertrain: The BMW i8 is a plug-in hybrid sports car and its powertrain is a combination of a petrol engine and an electric motor with power going to all four wheels.
BMW i8 engine and motor: The mid-mounted 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder engine drives the rear wheels and produces a maximum output of 235PS and 320Nm. The electric motor, meanwhile, drives the front axle and is rated at 131PS and 250Nm. Altogether, the hybrid system has a combined output of 363PS and 570Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic, while the electric motor is mated to a 2-speed gearbox when driving in full electric mode.
Performance: The BMW i8 can dash from 0 to 100kmph in just 4.4 seconds and keep going till the electronically limited top speed of 250kmph.
Fuel efficiency and range: The BMW i8 returns a certified fuel efficiency of 47.45kmpl and the hybrid sports car has an all-electric range in the range of 25-35km. The i8 can achieve a top speed of up to 120kmph in EV mode.
BMW i8 features: The BMW i8 is a premium car and is well equipped as such. It packs plenty of safety in the form of six airbags, ABS with brake assist and cornering brake control, ISOFIX child seat anchors and dynamic stability control with dynamic traction control. Other features on offer include auto LED lighting on both ends, dual-zone climate control, powered front seats, multi-view camera with object recognition, a 10.2-inch iDrive infotainment display with a 360W Harman Kardon 11-speaker surround sound system, BMW head-up display and front and rear parking sensors, among others.
BMW i8 competition: The i8 was and is expected to remain the sole plug-in hybrid sports car in the country so it does not have any direct rivals.
Alternatives of BMW i8
BMW i8 Colours
- Ionic Silver
- Crystal White Pearl Metallic
- Protonic Blue
- Sophisto Grey Brilliant Effect
BMW i8 Images
BMW i8 price list (Variants)
|UPCOMINGRoadster1499 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 47.45 kmpl||Rs.2.25 Cr*|
|UPCOMINGSpyder1499 cc, Automatic, Petrol, 47.45 kmpl||Rs.3.3 Cr*|
Are you Confused?
Ask anything & get answer in 48 hours
Questions & Answers
BMW i8 Review
Available in a single variant, the BMW i8 is priced at Rs 2.62 crore (ex-showroom India).
With a hefty sticker price, the BMW i8 is certainly not a logical buy. It is rather about the statement you make with this forerunner of future performance motoring, which will be fun as well as efficient and greener.
Pros & Cons of BMW i8
Things We Like
- Futuristic styling makes it stand out in front of more capable and similarly priced supercars
- The BMW i8 is not only fast but extremely frugal as well, with a nearly 50kmpl certified fuel efficiency figure
- Significantly green compared to other performance as well as regular cars with combined CO2 emissions of 50.369g/km
- Lightweight construction with an amalgamation of a carbon fibre passenger tub and an aluminium chassis
Things We Don't Like
- Given the exclusivity the i8 holds, BMW should’ve featured exclusive parts on the inside as it has several common components from the BMW parts bin
- The exorbitant price tag makes it fall into better-performing supercar territory
Stand Out Features
Eyeball-grabbing scissor doors favour easy ingress and egress
Healthy 35km all-electric drive up to 120kmph fulfils everyday intercity needs
BMW i8 User Reviews
- All (17)
- Looks (5)
- Comfort (3)
- Mileage (3)
- Engine (3)
- Interior (1)
- Price (1)
- Power (5)
- More ...
The i8?s performance is quite frankly astonishing for a car with a three-cylinder engine. The combination of a 227bhp petrol engine and a 129bhp electric motor means it c...
This car has made the world sit up and check this out for a number of reasons. One is the styling that is not beautiful in all traditional sense but a car that comes stra...
Futuristic styling makes it stand out in front of more capable and similarly priced supercars. The BMW i8 is not only fast but extremely frugal as well with a nearly 50 K...
- View All i8 Reviews
Write your Comment on BMW i8
Trending BMW Cars
- All Cars
Other Upcoming Cars
- Kia SonetRs.8.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Sep 20, 2020
- Hyundai NexoRs.N/A*Expected Launch: Oct 15, 2021
- Tata HexaRs.14.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Aug 14, 2020
- Nissan MagniteRs.5.5 Lakh*Expected Launch: Jan 14, 2021
- Tata HBXRs.5.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Dec 14, 2020
- Tata GravitasRs.15.0 Lakh*Expected Launch: Sep 10, 2020