Key Specs of BMW i8
|Mileage (upto)||47.45 kmpl|
|Engine (upto)||1499 cc|
BMW i8 facelift: BMW had showcased the i8 Roadster, which was revealed globally alongside the i8 facelift in late 2017, at 2018 Indian Auto Expo in February. Both the versions are expected to be launched here by the end of this year.
BMW i8 price and variant: Available in a single variant, the BMW i8 is priced at Rs 2.62 crore (ex-showroom India).
BMW i8 Powertrain: The BMW i8 is a plug-in hybrid sports car and its powertrain is a combination of an engine and an electric motor.
Engine: The mid-mounted 1.5-litre, 3-cylinder engine is shared with Mini and drives the rear wheels. It puts out 235PS and 320Nm. Meanwhile, the electric motor, which drives the front wheels, is rated at 131PS and 250Nm. Combined, the hybrid system has an output of 363PS and 570Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed automatic, while the motor is mated to a 2-speed gearbox
Performance: The BMW i8 can do the 0-100kmph sprint in just 4.4 seconds before hitting an electronically limited top speed of 250kmph
Fuel efficiency and range: The BMW i8 delivers a certified fuel efficiency of 47.45kmpl and the hybrid sports car has an all-electric range in between 25-35km. The i8 can go up to 120kmph in electric mode
BMW i8 features: The BMW i8 packs six airbags, ABS with brake assist and cornering brake control, Isofix child seat anchors and dynamic stability control with dynamic traction control. Other features on offer include auto LED head and tail lamps, dual-zone climate control, powered front seats, multi-view camera with object recognition, a 10.2-inch iDrive infotainment display with a 360W Harman Kardon 11-speaker surround sound system, BMW head-up display and front and rear parking sensors, among others.
BMW i8 competition: The i8 is the sole plug-in hybrid sports car in the country so it does not have any direct rivals.
BMW i8 price list (Variants)
BMW i8 User Reviews
- Very Good41
- Latest Reviews
- Most Helpful Reviews
Compare BMW i8 with similar cars - Compare Cars
Expert Review of BMW i8
Things We Like in i8
- Futuristic styling makes it stand out in front of more capable and similarly priced supercars
- The BMW i8 is not only fast but extremely frugal as well, with a nearly 50kmpl certified fuel efficiency figure
- Significantly green compared to other performance as well as regular cars with combined CO2 emissions of 50.369g/km
- Lightweight construction with an amalgamation of a carbon fibre passenger tub and an aluminium chassis
Things We Don't Like in i8
- Given the exclusivity the i8 holds, BMW should’ve featured exclusive parts on the inside as it has several common components from the BMW parts bin
- The exorbitant price tag makes it fall into better-performing supercar territory
Stand Out Features
Eyeball-grabbing scissor doors favour easy ingress and egress
Healthy 35km all-electric drive up to 120kmph fulfils everyday intercity needs
Mileage of BMW i8
The claimed ARAI mileage for the automatic variant: BMW i8 Petrol is 47.45 kmpl.
|Fuel Type||Transmission||ARAI Mileage|
BMW i8 Images and Videos
- 9:2BMW i8 | Expert Review | CarDekho.com
- 7:18BMW i8 :: Video Review
- 7:24Sachin Tendulkar & His BMW i8 | Feature | Autocar India
- 5:26Mobil1 Presents Great Car Great Road | BMW i8 | Autocar India
- 8:57BMW i8 | India Drive Video Review | Autocar India
- 5:51BMW i8 Hybrid Supercar | First Drive Video Review
- 10:48Radical new BMW i8 hybrid sports car driven
- 10:26BMW i8 - Road Test Review (India)
BMW i8 News
- Total Loan AmountRs.0
- Payable AmountRs.0
- You’ll pay extraRs.0
Calculated on Ex-Showroom priceRs. /month
Trending BMW Cars