SKODA RAPID - Tafe Access Bangalore - Worst Car and Service

By Sunita Antony   August 31, 2013
  • Appearance

Pros : Non

Cons : Everything

Hi All, I am writing this feedback so that others do not get cheated. We bought a Skoda Rapid Ambition TDI from TAFE Access. While purchasing we were told that we have the first service free during which we will not be charged for parts, oil or labor. We agreed and took the car. Now this is being out-rightly denied and they are asking for documents where it is written in black and white, which wasnt given to us while purchase. With no options in hand we agreed to give our car for service with a pinch of salt. We had recently changed the oil with the same recommended one .i.e.Castrol Magnatec Synthetic 5W40 oil. It has hardly clocked 1000 KM after this oil change which costed us 5000rs. We got it changed while we were enroute on a long distance journey from a Castrol PitStop. We have all the bills and documents showing that. SKODA insisted on replacing the oil again while service else the warranty on the Car would get void. The oil SKODA recommends is also the same Castrol Magnatec Synthetic 5W40. Entire service center staff agreed that there is no logic behind this policy but still insisted on the oil change. After talking to the manager for hours he kept on repeating the same story. The managers in SKODA have no empowerment and are just waste of time. I got a call from one Mr Amutham (Service Manager) (9591998551). He said that the oil was not changed from their center and hence any warranty claim on a later date would be rejected. In his words, "Skoda keeps looking for a reason to just reject a warranty claim and they would not hesitate in rejecting the claim later". Later i got another call from bhavna (9740215604) a very cold and calculated call repeating the same story. After purchase when the Car is home, SKODA will make you run to every cornor for your money. Customer service means nothing to these people. We got cheated and wasted loads of money, please do not get into their trap. The warranty statement gets changed as per their convienience and terms get edited to sqeeze money out the customer. Please beware.... Frustrated SKODA Customer.

Comments
 Comments Skoda Rapid 2011-2013
  • Arun Haridas |21 Dec,2013 12:26:18 PM

If you have had bad experience with TAFE, you are lucky you did not have to go through TORTURE through VINAYAK CARS. Servicing is miserable, the service setup at KR puram resembles a street croner bicycle repair shop, they dont have professionalism in their dictionary. I have been running behind as small a spare as mud flaps for the last couple of years! I just cannot believe that an international brand like SKODA can be represented by such an awful service set up

Antony |15 May,2014 10:01:35 AM

Same thing happened with one of my friend... i think one of the iron parts broke... he finally had to get one temporarily made by a local mechanic shop... he finally sold the car and bought a new one... Even we sold our car and bought another one... its a night mare... but honestly the car is good ... so long as it doesnt have a scratch and nothing breaks...

Dr. K N Shashikanth |11 Apr,2015 01:25:14 PM

I agree with Arun Haridas. When we pay our hard earned money as Service Tax ( now 14%) on each item + overall bill , and with no professional service. You call up, for booking service, they say they will get back. But no one gets back. For booking a service you are not provided a reference number through a message. You do not know to whom you spoke and the next time that person is not there promptly. I had to call up 5 times for my 3rd Annual service. I was asked to note down a number to get details of a Car reversing system. I asked what is the price, they said it costs Rs. 24,000,. I asked what are the features, this lady does not know. She says I will give one more number. I asked who is the Technician, she says, the Technician will contact you. They don't even have the empowerment to commit a time of delivery. Technician will decide. For a Foreign car of the repute of SKODA, the Indian Service Providers and the Dealers & Wholesalers, do not deserve their licence for pathetic service. In our country we do not have a choice, even if you have money. You like some thing, but later you repent as to why you liked, because of poor, pathetic, un professional Service providers , who have now become multi millionaires with our hard earned money . Can we refuse to pay the Service Tax. Please spread this message. Shashikanth, a grieved customer of a pathetic service of Vinayak Car Service . Yes, promptly , post service , the Technician wants a good rating when the customer care executive calls up.

Rajiv Arora |23 Apr,2015 08:05:06 PM

A year back, I too had similar issues with TAFE, but I must say their approach has quite improved this time when I took my car for a regular service. What I can suggest is that these dealerships have contacts of Skoda service managers. You write to them directly, they will help you for sure.

• Hrushikesh Wankhade |18 Feb,2014 02:00:07 PM

I was about to buy this car ,but looking at its after service I am now going for Honda City 2014

dilip |03 Apr,2014 06:19:16 AM

me too .. Running away from these horror stories.. from where are these technicians being hired :D... SKODA school of technicians should be in place who masters the engine and car as a whole..

Antony |15 May,2014 10:14:02 AM

Good Decision ... u wont regret...

• Dinesh Kumar S |15 May,2014 09:50:20 AM

MY WORST EXPERIENCE WITH TAFE ACCESS i Agree with you, that Skoda service team at TAFE ACCESS is horrible. i bought a Skoda Rapid from them with new car clocking not even 5000km, two tyre bust at the same time. TAFE access is accessible to lot costumers car spare parts they surely play around in chaining the parts. how could two tyre bust at a time. this being the incident i requested the TAFE access to check with the tyre manufacturer, With all 4 tyre change to which denied any fault from their end and had give the car back without SPARE TYERS . i realize few days later only when i had a tyre puncture 300kms away from bangalore in some remote area. i had to go through all the problems.. on my repeated reminder they fail to deliver the spare tyre yet again another time. then i had leave the car and travel by TAXI. my Third WORST experience was most recent one. i ask them to change the broken front middle AIR VENT, they change the new one with DRIVER right side one broken. and the new one changed also did not even lost for 6 days... And now its been a month they don't even get back with any positive reply...

• suresh |30 Dec,2014 07:17:09 PM

People at TAFE access don?t know anything about the machine they are working, while you narrating your problem they don?t have any idea about what we are describing. These service engineers are worst, horrible, hilarious fellows, at the end they will speak to you very sweetly and asking for some tip shamelessly for my second visit to this place the representative person is ready to reduce my bill asking 1000rs. These service engineers don?t know anything they just have a standard template, most importantly four times I have gone to this service center every time atleast 1hr I have to wait and collect the car. This time I was waiting for more than 30min to leave my car in the service station even though the representative is just standing few steps away he was just chitchatting and after getting the car also he was very casual an lethargic.

Skoda Rapid 2011-2013 Review Scorecard