worst car i have owned, problem with gear box and suspension in 15 days, company accepts the problem

By Suresh Kewalramani from Nagpur | 10016 Views | 15 Comments

Hyundai Verna

Ex-showroom Price Rs. 7,39,155
Get On Road Price
Write Review | User Review (109)

Quick Start on Hyundai Verna Fluidic

Overall Satisfaction :
Appearance :
Comfort :
Performance :
Value For Money :
Fuel Economy :
Pros : Nice Looks
Cons : Bad quality of parts, Poor Customer service

Look and Style Mere botox treatment for looks. Comfort ok. Pickup fine Mileage fine for 1.6 engine. Best Features looks, looks and looks. Needs to improve A Lot issues.  I have purchased a brand new Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX on 23.03.2012 from Eros Hyundai, Nagpur. The vehicle has been detected with faulty gear box in 15 days (1,500 kms run) only. They say, they have to DISMANTLE the GEAR BOX. Company is taking it very lightly and behaving very irresonsibly. The vehicle has been lying at the company service station since 9.4.2012 & they just accept the fault but want to repair it. Even emails sent to centralised customer service & grievence system at website haven't been responded for over 3 days. Even the rear suspensions are making a lot of noise and they say its normal... Go to hell.. m driving car for last 12 years & this is my first brand shift from Maruti.. Now i repent.  WTF did they have PDI for??? This is the worst quality of product mfgd by Hyundai & they dont even care to pay any heed to customer's complaints. They are just busy with making nice looking vehicles with worst and cheap components...  Waste of my hard earned 11 lacs... I wont suggest anyone to buy a Hyundai Car.. They cant even get the basics right..    Overall Experience Never buy a Hyundai diesel car.. Worst in customer service !!!   Suresh Kewalramani, Nagpur, email:sureshkewalramani@gmail.com
Was this review useful to you? Yes (50) | No (12)

Research on Hyundai Verna Fluidic

User Comments

Asked By PREM 16 Apr,2012 07:19:59 PM

same problems been faced by me. call for the all customers facing the problem let us unite and fight against the company

Reply By suresh 16 Apr,2012 09:51:54 PM

Sure prem. I have already started process for going to consumer forum. Let me know ur location and nature of complaint to explore possibility of filing a joint application.

Reply By Yogesh 18 Apr,2012 04:25:48 PM

Thanks a Lot Guys .. I was planning for Hyundai Verna SX Diesel ... but now i wont ... m looking forward for Chevrolet OPTRA 2.0 , Vat say ??

Reply By suresh 19 Apr,2012 11:44:26 AM

Verna & Optra belong to diff category Yogesh. Do visit user reviews at Carwale.com as well for both the cars.

Reply By PREM 21 Apr,2012 01:49:01 PM

HI SURESH I M FROM JALGAON MY VEHICLE ISSUES R FRONT & REAR SUSPENSION AND SOMEKIND OF NOISE FROM FRONT SEAT ALREADY I HAVE SEND THE CAR THREE TIMES FOR SAME PROBLEM TO SERVICE CENTRE BUT NO IMPROVEMENT.

Reply By Ankit Narula 29 Jan,2014 01:56:33 PM

hi, did you file a complaint in the consumer court? I too had a similar issue(faulty gear box in the new fluidic verna changed within 1000km), followed by issues with clutch plate/wire, steering. The car went to the service center more than 10 times in the first year.

Reply By Zahra 17 Mar,2014 08:04:16 PM

hi all, me too facing same problem with my car.my car went to the service station 6 or 7 times for gear complaint.still the problem persist.Got fed up.

Asked By Andy Hira 21 Apr,2012 10:17:54 PM

Hearing these kind of complaints, I will never ever entertain the thought of buying a hyundai! Keep the complaints coming guys,lets protect each each other from these dirty folks!

Reply By Suresh Kewalramani 21 Apr,2012 11:41:19 PM

guys go thru the following link; its very usefull for anyone wishing to have a view on hyundai verna fluidic.

Asked By Suresh Kewalramani 21 Apr,2012 11:43:19 PM

www carwale com-Forums-ViewThread-23595.html

Asked By Rachit 27 Apr,2012 11:21:01 AM

Thnx 4 dis wonderful comment Suresh Kewalramani... I was about to invest ma money in dis car bt thnx to u..nw i've purchased SX4 diesel..n believe me its wonderful decision n d car is also very sturdy...

Asked By C. A Reddy 02 May,2012 11:52:31 AM

I have purchased a brand new Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX on 23-11-2011. so far 6400km r over, but i have not faced any problem. the only thing is getting 13 to 14km in city(Hydera bad) 16 to 17km on highways. I purchased it from MODEY HYUNDAI. Service side i went to show room only once for my first service.

Asked By C. A Reddy 02 May,2012 12:50:54 PM

I have purchased a brand new Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDi SX on 23-11-2011. so far 6400kms r over, but i have not faced any problem. the only thing is getting 13 to 14km in city(Hydera bad) 16 to 17km on highways. I purchased it from MODEY HYUNDAI. Service side i went to show room only once for my first service.

Asked By ravi 12 May,2012 01:15:24 AM

now m in dilemma.i m planning to buy hyundai verna 1.6 VGT CRDi after seeing reviews i couldn't decide which sedan shud i go for tht worth of 11 lacs....plz suggest me.

Asked By phaneendra prasad 13 May,2012 07:59:25 PM

hi guys....am having 1.6vtvt...i did not find any problems in my car am getting 18km on highway and 15km in the city including A/C ....no problems with suspension...superb car...

Reply By Naveen 15 Sep,2013 10:31:41 PM

Dear Mr Prasad I am planning to buy Verna petrol..its been more than one year since you bought your car.. How's your car running would you recommend me to buy it

Asked By Mayank 18 May,2012 10:04:23 AM

I have driven over 3500 KM, 1.6 CRDI SX. NO such problems faced. I am getting an average of 15 KMPL in city (Mumbai WE Highway morning 8.15 AM & evening 7.30 PM), 20 KMPL on highway. The only problem I have noticed is the stability at 150 KMPH and above. Its a nice car, suggest everyone to consider it before buying chevy or ford.

Asked By PK SINGH 24 Jun,2012 04:34:17 PM

I HAVE VERNA FLUDIC .IT HAS DONE 14000KM. NOW WHILE RELAEASING THE CLUTCH LOUD SOUND COMES FROM THE ENGINE.WHEN I SENT THE CAR TO SERVICE STATION THEY TOLD THAT SOME PART IS DEFECTIVE AND HAVE TO BE REPLACED,FOR THIS THEY HAVE TO OPEN THE ENGINE. I THINK THAT WE ALL SHOULD UNITE AND FILE A CASE AGAINST THE COMPANY.

Reply By som 27 Jun,2012 05:00:22 PM

Hi P K SINGH, Since you say that your car has done 14k km and seem to be experiencing a clutch problem..... the defective parts seem to be a cause due to the shifting on a half clutch basis. Unlike other cars verna cannot be pushed on clutch pressure basis... I suggest you try to accelarate to a minimum every time you release the clutch... and shift on full clutch extension.... this ought to keep your engine and clutch to its valid life period.....

Asked By Pranav 27 Jun,2012 03:16:57 PM

I have verna crdi 1.6 SX and the car is superb has has no issues at all. Best in class refined diesel and absolute VFM. Though suspension is bit soft, again it is not offraoder... Can not expect Bolero stiffness and BMW ride quality at one go. I am getting FE of 15 in city with AC and 17 on highways (100-120 kmph).So far i have clocked 5200 KMS.

Asked By Shekhar 02 Jul,2012 06:10:24 PM

Hello Guys, After seeing so many comments rather complaints could not stop myself from sharing my experience of Verna Fluidic 1.6 CRDi. I own this car from October 2009 and have clocked 21K kms got all the 3 free services done. Since I am more of a holidaying person, have taken it to tough terrains like Manali, Kalpa, Rohru, Chitkul, Nainital etc but have not faced any such issues listed by the other users. Moreover had faced situations where the ABS-EBD works more than expected on hills. It also depends on how people drive the car and the way engine refines. Have been getting in city FE of 18 and Highway FE of 20 in my fluidic. Just my experiences!!

Asked By Emran Diyari 16 Oct,2012 04:57:06 PM

I got Verna Fluidic 1.6, have driven 20000 KMS, initially faced AC problem, other than that no issues.What i suggest is like, no company have good servicing .. if u seek a very good service then u cant buy any car in any brand. Some one saying go for Nissan Sunny, Dude u know what, the same engine is used for Nissan Micra, only body is BIG. I am not a supporter of Hyndai, i am telling u everyone is a victim in one way... the way is different...

Asked By Basant 29 Jun,2013 08:24:22 PM

I have been driving the 1.6 CRDI automatic for more than a year. Admitted that the suspension is bouncy, but the butter smooth engine, overall driving comfort and features are unparalleled. I have managed to greatly reduce noise, suspension stability and road grip by simply fitting tubes. The driving feel, comfort, humming noise and grip have tremendously improved. The overall feel is that of driving its elder brother, the Elantra. Basically, the tyre rubber becomes hard, air filled inside amplifies sound and reduced rubber softness increases bounce. The additional rubber from tubes takes care of these issues and moreover, the tube rubber creates a barrier between the air filled in tyres and rim metal that conducts it throughout the vehicle body. The advantages of a tubeless tyre though lost, the resultant advantages of tubes are far more.

Asked By Ash 22 Jan,2014 03:57:27 PM

I own a Verna Dsl since Nov 2012. Its a brilliant car interms of look and feel. Gud Music system, minimum cabin noise. What hurts the most is the THUD from the hood near the FRONT tyres, because of the soft suspension. Wonder why dint Hyundai pay any heed to everyone complaining about the Soft front suspension. Besides that its a stunner with with mileage as 22 Kmpl on Highway and 17.5 in City with AC. :-)