Ford Figo not much well

By poonam   from JaipurMarch 23, 2010
  • Appearance

Pros : Stylish look, Value for money, good interior&EXTERIOR,

Cons : Not comfortable,

I have recently purchased a new car Ford Figo since last week. I feeling that its not a special model, as per claimed by the officially. I had already bought a Maruti Swift, It such a wonderful car for a family purpose as well as sports car. I have not seems in the new Ford Figo vehicle. May be it will not applicable to get a good response from the market. After the purchased it, I feeling that happened a big mistacke. I will remember always about value of cars. Now I am planning to selling Ford Figo. It is not comfortable for drive in the big crush.

Comments
 Comments Ford Figo
  • k4danand |24 Mar,2010 09:47:08 AM

Hi poonam I am planning to buy ford figo petrol LXI can you please explain why you feel figo is not comfortable. You said that with in a week it is not comfortable can you please through some light on this area. so that I will reconsider my decision.

danesh |07 Dec,2010 11:04:03 AM

I bought Figo 3months ago diesel variant zxi. Driving Figo is cool and smooth in all speeks I tried max of 135kmph cool. One major issue in is Ground clearance, in chennai we have lot of speed breakers (by rule these are not actual speed breakers) even two people at back the car is hitting the speed breakers even in very low speed. Recently i found extra noise in middle of the car. Very important i had a different issue in headlight. Usually we stick the black dot in the headlamp. But i found in somekind of small cracks in both the headlamps in the center around the sticker, but the sticker looks fine there is no sign of melting feel in the sticker. Looks like the headlamp plastic is not quality enough to withstand the heat. I took it to the chennai ford to show, but the funny service guys think that we are fools they are saying because of the sticker only, i said i dont know whether it is because of sticker or not, but my query is even if it is because of sticker that means your headlight quality is too too bad. Reason the sticker looks fine for me no issues. Why there is a crack appearing in the headlight they have taken some snaps everything waiting for the results. Be careful with the ford service guys, be top of them to get the things.

Kapil.K |26 Apr,2011 08:59:24 PM

Hello Guys, I am planning to buy Figo Titanium (TDI) Please share your suggestion about it. Spending 6.17 L Is worthwhile? I had a test drive, the car performance really very good at 120 but when I took it to city area on a/c the car is hard to drive in 3rd gear. I feel something like driving and Tata Indigo or Indica. Please share your comments? What does your experience says? Rest Everything is Superb in this small hatch back car!!!!! The car body is rock solid. On top of that the engine in car is as same as in ford fiesta. !!

Navi |20 Apr,2012 12:15:35 AM

hello Dear..Plz Help me i am planning to buy ford figo petrol ZXI model ..so plz tell me the milege in city as well as in highway..

akash |13 Oct,2013 05:38:49 PM

25Km/Ltr

dr kingra |31 Oct,2012 08:24:49 PM

FORD FIGO DIESEL LXi excellent car, VFM.

• Kapil |24 Mar,2010 12:28:29 PM

I am using this new Ford Figo car, it has no any problems but if you are not feeling well so its not just a big reason to mansion is this review. I hope that you will recognize about this model after some time, but right now, u are not showing full fill this model. I would like to suggest you that you should try to see as honest for about Ford Figo. Ford Figo is wonderful model, let's cheers.........

• Kavitha |24 Mar,2010 06:22:39 PM

Hi friends..I am very eager to buy a Ford Figo ZXi version and i was surprised to see a negative comment on the performance of Ford Figo and i wish some one can elaborate the negative things about this car. I had already booked this car and i am planning to take in the month of May, 2010..Please provide your valuable suggestions..otherwise..i also have an option for choosing Chevrolet Beat..Which one could be a good choice???

Manikandan |31 May,2011 05:48:09 PM

Dear Dude, Recently I bought Figo from Chennai ford, and I got upset with the ford. Within three months I spent nearly 60,000/-. Am not joking, its serious man that all due to figo worst quality spare parts. one day, I faced a sudden failure in the steering connecting rod, which cause an accident. When I give my car for service after that accident, they pointed other blame things that every car it may happen. But what they using a connecting rod which is very thin.then, I changed the rod, front shock absorber, tyre and i paid them a sum of 15 thousands. Also, due to low road clearance, the steering guide rod under the chassis, got hit in a speed breaker which causes me the steering become very tight like a normal mechanical steering due to oil seal damage and i had changed the whole set which costs me nearly thirty thousand. other some minor problems what i got are, noise arising from the front shock absorber while braking in a slope road, jolding at the second gear, bad pick-up in second gear, low mileage of 14kmpl even in highway, cant drive in second gear in slow traffic and got engine off in some times,etc. They used low quality spares in oder reduce the overall vehicle cost. Which in-turns reduced the durability. The service in chennai ford also very worst, they didnt treat the car owners good. They didnt considering the problems that the owners pointing out. They just replace the spares and billing for that. simply they are steeling our money. I'm planning to sell it and if total i got disappointed by ford figo. Check these things before you go for it. Then all is yours.

mahesh deshmukh |02 Jun,2012 09:21:54 AM

I am from pune, owner of figo petrol since 2 years. I am surprised with above comment. First question in my mind is: 1) why did u spend money when it is in warranty period. 2) Had there been any major accident before? I love my car because of performance and reliability and not just because of it's mine. I stretched it till 150 km/h on pune-mumbai express highway and I tell you , car stability is unmatched in this segment. Yes, I agree that ground clearance is pretty low considering Indian roads.

mandar |08 Sep,2012 04:36:51 PM

hello, I also own this vehicle and its nice. I have hit maximum speed of 140 once. I read somewhere that they have a top cap is 149 kmph. except poor mileage (around 10 in city), everything else is great with this car.

• anikesh |25 Mar,2010 06:31:29 AM

i.was.suprised.to.hear.negatives.comments.about.figo. can.u.please.tell.me.wat.all.problems.u.r.facing.about.figo.wat.all.u.dislike.about.figo. waiting.for.ur.reply

padmanabhan |11 Feb,2011 10:18:42 PM

Battery getting drained out very soon

• S.Rajagopal |25 Mar,2010 11:28:17 AM

I am realy surprised to see your comment within a week of purchase. If you can explain in details the area you found not comfortable, it will help the future buyers at the same time caution the manufacturers to rectify those problems encountered by you. In any case 1 week is to short a time to pass acomment. Incidentally I have already booked Figo. Rgdards

• prachi shukla |26 Mar,2010 07:13:23 AM

I think ford figo will be the best buy..I am driving Ford Fiesta since long and when i took test drive of FIgo...I felt the same experience. I love my drives in Fiesta and would love to add another FOrd car in my garage. It is awesome...believe me: a medium size car with all best features, is premium car and would be good experience. Definately it is high maintenance car but then FOrd deserves that.

• vivek |27 Mar,2010 11:47:47 AM

What are the possible comments about figo which forces you to sell this car as you thought it is not enough comfortable.

• Adnan |28 Mar,2010 10:00:58 AM

Guys the ford figo is a good car. The person who has written this, look at him he can hardly speak english what will he review a car?! He must have possibly had a bad experience at the showroom or something thats why the review. And besides no fool sells his car in a week unless he is a millionaire and a millionaire would not bother writing reviews in his "exceptional" english here. Please use your brains.

amit |23 Aug,2011 10:34:57 PM

not speaking in english will not make him dumb and also you Speaking in english will not make you a smarter ass....english is not required to think and observe somthing!illeg****te son of englishmen!

• Adnan |28 Mar,2010 10:07:31 AM

Oh by the way my mistake I mentioned "he" in the above comment where As its a "she" who has written it. (Makes me think its a guy who is pretending to be a female for more attention)

mohan |14 Jul,2011 12:41:14 AM

we cant say... as people may not be so planed for writing a small review

• chekuri |28 Mar,2010 02:46:00 PM

i think ford figo is a good car.i am driving ford fiesta for the last six months and i found it is exceptionally good drivers car.i have driven maruti swift and zen for a long time.my friend bought ford figo recently and after driving it i found it as good as fiesta and far far better than swift in all counts.The review by poonam seems to be biased and it is not a true picture about the car.Friends please make a test drive before deciding about the car.

• subhajit |28 Mar,2010 03:27:17 PM

How is Figo compared to Chevy beat? Planning to go for either of these in 15 days!.. please help !

piyush |07 Mar,2015 12:31:15 AM

I have same question before buying figo..BT figo is best in all aspect,beside the average in the city...compare to beat.. 1400 cc powerful engine is much better then 1000 cc small engines

• ajay jain |29 Mar,2010 04:12:12 AM

Poonam cant even give a proper review let alone her ability to differentiate good from the bad. Such comments only creates confusion, in case she has something substantial to elaborate ,pl. come forward and explain the reasons.

• ajay jain |29 Mar,2010 04:18:53 AM

I have test driven a figo lxi petrol and found the following. 1. Its very comfortable and spacious. 2. Its got a decent milege, around 16 on a highway 3. The looks are sleek except dashboard 4. Its weak on power but value for money 5. The aircons are superb. 6. The boot is amazing 7. Overall a winner for amount you are paying.

• gurdeep |29 Mar,2010 09:42:03 AM

Hi, i'm planning to go for either Ford Figo or Tata Manza in diesel variants, so please help which one should be the good choice.

• Fred |31 Mar,2010 06:33:44 AM

Hi I am proud owner of Ford Figo Petrol ZXi, Its a comfortable superb car for city drive as well highway driv. I want to mention here some aspects: Pros: 1.Really its a better option for VFM. 2.Some of the features are good compared to the other cars in the same segment. 3.Good Boot space compared to others. 4.Mileage is also comparitively good, A/C is really good. 5.You dont require to spend any money for extra acccessories much. Cons: 1.Some say it dont have power windows in the rear- My opinion its not required if u use A/C, i am using car for around 20 years, I had seldom opened my rear windows. I had owmed lot of other cars. 2.Some say Mileage is not good- My opinion mileage is good, it always depends upon each

John |14 Dec,2010 04:39:53 PM

Hi friends, I own a ford figo ZXI petrol. It's nice to see people's experience in forums like this. Driving this car has been a wonderfull experience for sure. I'd like to understand the mileage of the car from other Figo petrol owners. The car has given me a mileage of 10kmpl till the first service. However,I was told that the mileage will increase after the first service. The mileage, has not increased in a big way. I can see a difference of 0.5 to 1 kmpl max. Is this all a Figo can give in city, with AC??

• rajesh saxena |31 Mar,2010 11:03:30 AM

HI I HAVE TEST DRIVE OF BEET,I-10,RITZ,fabia,compared all feature and on road performance and concluded that Ford Figo is the best care, value for the money. Its euro 4 care and after sale setup is customer friendly too. No regrets i had booked the car and will take delivery with pride on 6th April.

mohan |14 Jul,2011 12:42:49 AM

its not beet and what care did u find in a car she hugged u or what lol

• Atul Pachori |01 Apr,2010 02:02:21 PM

People who have limited choices do not know - its sheer ignorance. ALL Amertican manufacturers are in deep shit - they opted for volume over quality, and that is the reason the U.S. market is in deep doo-doo !! Now, they are looking for overseas markets like India, where innocent

• dfd |01 Apr,2010 07:14:03 PM

Poonam is ....:)

• ashwani |02 Apr,2010 09:41:19 AM

why so much of discussions.people say beyond showroom the vehicle cost becomes 60-70k less if he/her wants to sell some one should cash oppurtunity.offer valid till 4/4

• mukesh |02 Apr,2010 03:28:01 PM

hi poonam, if u are not satisfied with car, and u r planning to sell it of. then i m interested, plz give me more detail of ur car and price expected.

• Dhiraj |03 Apr,2010 08:25:12 PM

Hi, those who have bought Ford Figo or any other Ford, can you please put in details regarding its service and availability of parts. I mean does it become expensive and troublesome in any case?

• Chinmoy |05 Apr,2010 05:53:59 PM

Hi guys, but how does it compare with the Maruti Swift. I was planning to sell off my Swift VXi Petrol and go for a Figo Titanium. What do you suggest. Only thing i liked about the Swift was its ability to race and even go after the Honda City. Will i be dis-appointed on that front. Or i should thing for a I20 or some other car or better still keep the swift. It is already 4 years old.

• JAGMEET SINGH |05 Apr,2010 07:39:16 PM

i am already driving SWIFT diesel from last 29 months, i am satisfied giving Average around 19 with a/c in city, now i am planning to buy one more car

• V N Rao |17 Apr,2010 04:29:29 AM

People compare Figo with Swift, i10, Punto etc. forgetting the fact that the base model(petrol)costs 3.5 lacs ex-showroom. One should not expect performance of Swift, i10, VW Polo for this attractive price. One has to see features of Figo like sedan look, muscular body, large boot space, quite roomy interior with reasonable leg room as well as head room for tall persons. V N Rao

• Nagendra |22 Apr,2010 12:37:32 PM

I have test driven ford figo Titanium(Petrol variant.With all its pros, I could trace only 1 cons:- the 2nd gear is little disappointing as it doesn't pick proper power especially when the ac is running.

• Rahul |22 Apr,2010 12:39:44 PM

I have bought a Figo 2 weeks back and drove for 4000 kms trip cutting 3 states. The experience is really awesome. Very good road grip in highways at a speed of 140 Km/h, excellent mileage of 24 Kmpl(highways), sturdy body, bigger boot space(

ankita |08 Feb,2011 10:10:56 PM

which 1 has u bought Petrol or Diesel

jagan |25 Feb,2011 05:31:27 AM

hi ankita am jagan ford figo Titaniam diesel is best but onething u ask to some one abt ingine noise.am also planed tat oly but waiting for ingine noise comments

• Anonymus |23 Apr,2010 06:07:21 AM

Strange u completed 4000kms in js 2 weeks of purchase of car, even before service, where it is recommended not to go beyond 60 kmph. May be u got n advanced car. Pata nahi whom to believe.

• rohit |29 Apr,2010 12:50:45 PM

who know pooonam might have really faced the problem ?? or my be not ? or the guys speaking about quality of figo may be the guys of figo ?? whom to belive then ?

• ravi |18 Jun,2010 12:53:42 PM

Hi Guys, I test drove Ford Figo and New Wagon R. Both appealed to me , almost similarly priced and features wise same give or take couple. But Wagkn R has better resale value, but litle boot space. Figo bid on size but not provcen yet. I do't want to amke mistake what I did when I bought Indica petrol 8 yrs back on impulse, though it has served me well to be frank. Any thoughtrs on this from anyone ? Thanks Ravi

• Ajay |29 Jun,2010 02:23:56 PM

I want to buy a car around 4 lacs. Pls guys, advice me between ford figo vxi and maruti ritz lxi. help me pls. Thanks

• Ajay |29 Jun,2010 02:56:08 PM

I read your review about three cards. I too test drove Ritz and Figo, both petrol variants. No doubt figo was good, but somewhat slow in pickup. Ritz was, i think, good in pick up. Pls suggest me a car from both these taking intoaccount mileage, after sale service, spares and their scenarios, say after 7-8 years of driving the car.

• lms chauhan |04 Jul,2010 08:20:50 PM

CAR FEATURES ARE GOOD BUT ENGINE PERFORMANCE IN TERMS OF POWER

• satyen |13 Jul,2010 12:26:32 AM

How is Figo compared to Chevy beat? Planning to go for either of these in 15 days those who have bought Ford Figo can you please put in details regarding its service and availability of parts. I mean does it become expensive and troublesome in any case?!.. please help !

• Srinivasan |18 Jul,2010 08:46:27 PM

I am driving Santro for the last 7 years,I am planning to change my car, I options i am looking at are POlO, Swift and Figo, i have done test drive with Figo D varient,while going up hill, i feel the pickup is too bad.I have not test driven POLO or Swift. Look wise Figo is very good, and i am much impressed, because of the test drive, I am confused to go for figo or not , Can some one suggest which one is better between FIGO, POLO or SWIFT Diesel Varient.

• Mani |18 Jul,2010 09:15:07 PM

I have purchased a ford figo on 26.04.2010.From the day of delivery, I am feeling a jerk of the vehicle when it is in idling speed. The service people accepted the complaint but they are not able to locate the reason for the problem. An Engineer was deputed from Ford India (P)Ltd. Chennai to attened and rectify the problem in vain. The coimbatore dealer who sold the car said that the same problem exists in all Ford figo cars and I had to accept their statment, after testing few new cars in their yard. They have assured to rectify the problem but no time limitation is given. Is it that a customer should accept their product with a faulty manufacture on the ground that the fault exists in all their products? What is the answer from Ford India?

• Babu |26 Jul,2010 12:51:17 PM

I have purchased Figo ZXI last week and the comfort is very good and ideal for city. But what surprises me is the mileage which is as low as 10. I'm yet to check my car's mileage but i heard from the Manager - Customer Relations Chennai Ford. This was was shock to to hear such comments after buying a car. 10kmpl is very less and i'm sure this is not the case for all Maruthi cars even if you are the worst driver in the world. Anyways let me find my car's mileage soon.

• jaidee sharma |31 Jul,2010 08:51:00 AM

hi. i am confused in ford figo diesel and maruti swift diesel so pls advise me to what to buy.... my main aim for the mileage. and is its servises are expensive for ford figo.

• Mohit Negi |01 Aug,2010 08:18:46 AM

Hi,i want to buy a car.I have shortlisted 2 cars Figo titanium and Swift Vxi.Out of these 2 two cars which car i choose in terms of comfort,luxury.And also i want to ask that is it true that ford stops production of its cars in 2-3 years and then its spare parts become difficult to find.....Please help.....its urgent....

• aadsfafd |07 Aug,2010 08:30:29 PM

guys dont forget the tata cs eglx petrol ! tough competitor VFM and a sedan!!!!

• Rajesh |20 Aug,2010 11:22:28 AM

I own a ford figo lxi petrol and driven 1250 kms. The mileage is as low as 7-8 kms with AC on and 10-11 with AC off. Driven only in Delhi. I have taken up the matter with ford and they forwarded it to dealer but still nothing has happened. Can anyone tell me how to address this problem. If anyone has installed cng kit please share your experience. Thanks

• sarvi |22 Aug,2010 03:37:16 PM

figo is good car wid the space and features it provides. but its engine has a jerky pik up and its mileage is around 10 which is comparably very low amongst its class( as far as my friends review about the car). the service is not good. i would not recommend any for this car though with a price low compared 2 its class cars. i took a test drive of ritz and it was jst amazin. its got space, pik up and looks. engine is the best compared 2 its class. if you are lookin for a car with good service, resale value and performance you should go for ritz..just booked ritz yesterday after researchin for 1 month

• ashish |23 Aug,2010 11:01:25 PM

hello everybody!!! should i go for swift vdi or ford figo diesel? i had a test drive of ford figo and i liked the car.

• D NAGESH |27 Aug,2010 07:17:28 AM

I bought a figo Zxi diesel a month back.I do not have any second gear problem as many claim.In city drive also, it is giving 20kmpl with ac on I feel it is a good value for money

abhijit |04 Mar,2011 01:16:36 PM

are u being true????

• bhaskar verma |27 Aug,2010 11:16:19 AM

I am ready to buy your car if it is the diesel version. Please call me at 8950181091 or 9896805797

jagan |25 Feb,2011 05:34:27 AM

hi all i planed to bye ford figo diesel car.wat abt the engine noise pls tell me soon waiting for yo's reply

• RAJIV |01 Sep,2010 10:45:44 AM

Hi, have you sold the figo already? If not, at what price you are going to sell it? I am interested if you offer good discount

• kapil |03 Sep,2010 01:58:55 PM

I planceing to buy a car. Can some one tell which is best car for Runing on CNG. Co fitted CNG are better or Delaer fitting CNG Kit are good. please advice

• Harsh |04 Sep,2010 09:01:48 AM

Hi Kapil, Always go for company fitted CNG if you are going to buy a new car. By this, you can retain the Warranty and After Sales Service of the Car. Most of the cars are coming in Company fitted CNG. Choose as per your budget.

• gagan |13 Sep,2010 07:17:20 PM

Boss, One thing is cleart that the millege is a real concern in Figo..I was also impressed with Figo's looks and VFM offer.Its cheaper than Swift VXI by approx-- 50,000 and have more features thn VXI..Stilll milleage is the biggest drawbackin it i gues.. I feellike finally selecting Swift VXI over Ford Figo..

• siva |13 Sep,2010 10:32:52 PM

hi guys, i have gone tru this reviews completely. i think its not a good information for those who wants to buy a car. pls, anybody let me know about diesel figo mileage.

• archanaprasad |14 Sep,2010 01:50:21 PM

hi I ws about to buy FF but due toits low milage Ihave cancelled my plan

M.N. VENKATESH |13 Jan,2011 02:30:22 PM

I have gone through various comments on Ford Figo, most of which is on Mileage and pickup. Now I am really confused, I wanted to buy FF, but the negative comments are worrying me. I am really impressed on its looks and interiors. I will put on hold of its purchase for some time.

• Ashish Tambi |19 Sep,2010 10:27:05 PM

Hi all, I am going to booked Ford - Figo Zxi Petrol, Pls give your suggestion/ Feedback

• mani |22 Sep,2010 05:19:52 PM

hi Siva i own a ford figo Titaniam diesel. It gives me 16.5 to 17kms p/l with A/c on.

jagan |25 Feb,2011 05:22:48 AM

hi mr.mani am jagan. am also planed to bye ford figo lxi diesel.pls tel me wat abt the engine noise tel me soon. thanks

• Gautam |24 Sep,2010 04:29:24 PM

I own a Figo ZXI Petrol I think its a very good VFM and pleasure to drive. Anyone looking at buying it can blindly choose it over the existing options.

• sanjay verma |25 Sep,2010 05:33:31 PM

i want to by ford figo . pls tell me the avg. of diesel car

• ravi |02 Oct,2010 02:32:31 PM

Hey freiends, i gotr ford figo last week and i feel its good to control and drive in broudy area or heavy traffic.if you have good command on stearing then no issue.

• K.C.Pandey |05 Oct,2010 08:40:00 PM

I plan to buy a Ford Figo-Petrol before Diwali. Folks comments are invited on value for money with parameters on mileage,look, city usage and a comparison with a Santro.

• Vinu |15 Oct,2010 11:23:07 AM

Hey guys, i currently own a santro, very low end model with out a/c and its 5 years old now. I plan to buy maybe a Figo, figo seems to be attractive over other cars like swift, ritz, i10 and maybe polo. i have been searching around for quite a while now but figo i definately a better on compared to other only just because it cost you less. It come all loaded except ABS&AirBag for 4.62lac on road in pune. you a/c power steering, 2 din music system etc. etc. i believe its a good car. yes not to forget figo does loose it on the power.... as with a/c on it lacs solid pickup as i get in my non-a/c santro xing. and maybe we all are forgetting the indian manufacuter --- tata, they have already started to rise the standards to match foreign manufacuters who are doing this since 40-50years. and finally it all depeneds on yourself what you choose and what your pocket allows you to. thanks for the review's stated by all who own, or have test driven. it helps to choose a better car. I would be going for Figo before diwali and getting rid of my Santro. Just stuckup in choosing colour -- White or Green !!! pls help.

• Nishu |20 Oct,2010 08:10:10 AM

Hi! I bought a forfigo last week and this car is really awesome..this is wt a buyer wants in limited budget. This is a big car and really looks very nice. This is specious , big and seats are really very comfortable....I hv a family of theee KIds and we are happily able to adjust our in same....

vishal |04 Nov,2010 03:15:23 PM

hiiii i bought fordfigo titanium chill last week. it is awesome model.goodlooks interior and exterior,very comfortable to drive,good pickup,includes all safety features like airbags,ABS.It is a great combo pack in todays date.a complete package in very smart budget. thanks forddddd.

• aakash verma |22 Oct,2010 03:24:10 PM

hi everyone,actly i want to purchse ford figo lxi petrol,bt i m confused,becse mileage of figo as copmare to i10 is low,so pls help me out...i10 is also a gud car bt if we talk abt figo than outlook nd interior of figo is gud,,so pls tel me figo or i10..main isuse is mileage...pls tel me..asap

• jagan |23 Oct,2010 08:52:29 PM

hi guys. pl suggest if ford figo is a good buy in terms of mileage n pick up...pl give a frank opinion.planned to buy ff by diwali

• jaspreet |24 Oct,2010 08:02:41 PM

Hi all when I went into the engine specifications of ford figo diesel , I found that it contains 8 valves in 4 cylinders i.e 2 valves(1 inlet and 1 exhaust valve) per each cylinder as compared to any other diesel engine which has 4 valves(2 inlet and 2 outlet valves) per cylinder and in total 16 valves. Take any other diesel car in this segiment like swift,punto,polo or any other, and you will find the difference . Can any body highlight on this point, as this very point is becoming a hindrance for me to buy this car. Otherwise all other features are good. Comment please

jagan |25 Feb,2011 05:35:37 AM

Sudhir |21 Jun,2011 04:23:11 PM

Hi all when I went into the engine specifications of ford figo diesel , I found that it contains 8 valves in 4 cylinders i.e 2 valves(1 inlet and 1 exhaust valve) per each cylinder as compared to any other diesel engine which has 4 valves(2 inlet and 2 outlet valves) per cylinder and in total 16 valves. Take any other diesel car in this segiment like swift,punto,polo or any other, and you will find the difference . Can any body highlight on this point, as this very point is becoming a hindrance for me to buy this car. Pick up with a/c & sound of Diesel engine. Otherwise all other features are good. Comment please

John |04 Mar,2011 10:45:13 PM

Figo diesel is SOHC and others are DOHC

• pramod |16 Nov,2010 08:47:32 PM

i purchased new ford figo titanium tdci last month, i feel it a nice car,good value for money, but noticed some problems 2nd gear shift dosnt provide enough power , rear windows opens only 50%.

• Team CarDekho |18 Nov,2010 03:10:55 PM

The turbo kicks in at 1800rpm and thats when you get the power surge in the Figo Diesel, if your car does not shoot at 1800rpm get it checked at the Ford service centre. Yes the rear glass does not wind down fully due to the shape of the doors. Thanks, CarDekho Team

• Pramod |28 Nov,2010 11:42:06 AM

Hello, I got a ford figo and let me tell you my view very good power in 3rd gear... pretty smooth suspension is very good, for indian roads. feels like a heavy big car gears are not smooth...when comapred to marutis i felt im in a cart when i drove my wagon r after driving this car.

• Ajay |21 Dec,2010 01:45:04 PM

Planning to buy a new car.Have swift, i-10, Figo & ritz in my mind. Could anyone suggest the best one.???

CarDekho Team |21 Dec,2010 06:15:26 PM

Dear User, we would like to inform you that Maruti Swift and Hyundai i10 can be one of the good choices. Maruti Swift is spacious, stylish and has better resale value in the market. On the other hand, Hyundai i10 is a fantastic car equipped with 4 cylinder engine and is one of the most demanded hatchbacks.Maruti Ritz no doubt is a stylish car but is less popular amongst hatchback fanatics as compared to Maruti Swift and i0. Ford is availing wide range of features in Ford Figo at a nominal cost but its mileage and service network are the major concerns. Thanks

• Capt kaushik |27 Dec,2010 08:04:13 PM

hi, am a serving army officer, planning 2 buy a diesel hatchbck, hav swift vdi and figo diesel zxi in mind.my key needs are -service networks,good milege, low maintainance costs,spares. can u just guide me through this. planning 2 buy in 2mths time. regards

Sangam |12 Feb,2011 04:33:53 AM

Hello Capt Kaushik, well If the key needs you have mentioned are in the order of their priorities, Swift would be a better oftion as its a MARUTI. Whereas I would still suggest Ford Figo as a better buy due to its refreshed looks and feature packed attire. I own a Figo and there haven't been any maintenance issues as yet. For an additional info I am a mechanical engineer myself and have been involved in fabricating self designed cars for a while.

• Vikas Birajdar |03 Jan,2011 02:08:20 PM

Hi Friendzzz... I m planning for a Car.. So just wanna advice as getting confused Ford Figo or the Fiat Punto... So Needs your Advice...

• Gajarajan.S |16 Jan,2011 07:26:16 PM

Hi After browsing through all the specifications and other aspects of the hatch back cars, and also after visiting various models and makes of near equivalent types in person, i had finally zeroed in on ford Figo for reasons such as its power(1200 cc), pickup, looks, seating comfort, Powerful AC in its group,radial wheels, interior space comfort, boot space and most important on its price for a 1200 cc car. Yesterday I had a test drive and I found it very much satisfying.I felt that the brakes are highly sensitive when compared to my old IKON car.I have decided to buy the car. But today I happened to see some of the reviews. while I do not accept many of the adverse reviews, two issues caught my attention which i want to verify with the users of Figo. The first one is about its mileage in the city with AC on, which someone has claimed it as 10 kmpl only. I think it is too low for a 1200 cc new car.( because my ford IKON which is 2000 make with 1600 CC is able to give me 9 to 10 kmpl in city with AC. I want someone to clarify this issue about mileage so that I can decide. The second mention I noted is regarding the ground clearance with respect to the speed brakers in chennai roads. Can some one clarify on this issue too. Gajarajan.

justin chacko |18 Jan,2011 02:52:18 PM

Hello Mr. Gajaranjan. I am also planning to purchase a Ford Figo within the next 2 months in all probability. You seem to have done a commendable research on hatchbacks. Would really like to know your experience with a Figo, especially regarding mileage, in case you happen to purchase one. May you get the best possible buy.

• devesh singh happy |19 Feb,2011 11:49:03 AM

who is the best car in diesel figo titanium or swift vdi abs please tell me soon

CarDekho Team |19 Feb,2011 03:04:31 PM

Dear User, We would like to inform you that Maruti Swift Diesel is powered by 1248 cc petrol engine, it gives mileage of 14.2 kmpl in city conditions and 17.8 kmpl on highways. The major advantage of purchasing Maruti Swift can be its low maintenance cost, wide spread dealership & service network and good resale value. Ford Figo Diesel is powered by 1.4 liter CRDi engine. it gives mileage of 14.5 kmpl on highways and 18.5 kmpl on highways.Ford Figo is also a good car, it has got more features in a lesser price compared to Maruti Swift. Thanks

jagan |25 Feb,2011 05:32:56 AM

• jagan |25 Feb,2011 05:17:55 AM

• pankaj rupal |26 Feb,2011 12:59:10 PM

i would like to buy ford figo D in a month or two.But after reading some negative comments like-Road clearence,Noisy,Gear problem etc. i think I have to Rethink about this. Can somebody tell me about it Resale value also.

• Rakesh Singh |03 Mar,2011 03:54:27 PM

hey guys.... yar i m planning to purchase fod figo titanium (Diesel) car in coming weeks..,.... wht u peaple say it will be a rite dicission or somthing else..? plz reply

• shajithkumar v |10 Apr,2011 03:54:37 PM

It is a bad comment. Ford figo is a very good car in shape ,condition and milage.I am not believe you brough a ford figo car.

mohan |14 Jul,2011 12:46:52 AM

please type in English -thank you

• Harshad |15 Apr,2011 11:05:14 AM

Hi, I am planning to buy Ford FIgo. I want a petrol FF and istall the CNG kit. I just want to know abt the performance of FF in CNG...

• Kapil.K |26 Apr,2011 08:57:02 PM

Hello Guys, I am planning to buy Figo Titanium (TDI) Please share your suggestion about it. Spending 6.17 L Is worthwhile? I had a test drive, the car performance really very good at 120 but when I took it to city area on a/c the car is hard to drive in 3rd gear. I feel something like driving and Tata Indigo or Indica. Please share your comments? What does your experience says? Rest Everything is Superb in this small hatch back car!!!!! The car body is rock solid. On top of that the engine in car is as same as in ford fiesta. Same performance !!

• Rajesh Jain |25 May,2011 05:10:55 PM

Hi guys...i am going to purchase my first car but i am little bit confuse between Ford Figo EXI, i10 Magena and Ritz. Please tell me which one is best in terms of Mileage, performance and I have also concern about the service and maintenance becoz i heard that Ford's car is very expensive in terms of service and maintenance and spare parts also costly of Ford's car so please help me in purchasing my first car....................

Manikandan |31 May,2011 06:08:02 PM

go for ritz, or with swift, as its already proven vehicle and earned a million happy customers

• Manikandan |31 May,2011 06:06:53 PM

• Rajesh Jain |31 May,2011 06:19:00 PM

Thanx manikandan.....ur comments will help me lot to purchase my first car..i am also thinking to go with maruti.....

• Rajesh Jain |01 Jun,2011 01:50:56 PM

I am thinking to purchase Ritz...How is this car...Please suggest me on this

mohan |14 Jul,2011 12:44:52 AM

interior is like a wan not car drive is good wait for beat diesel or if u a re particular about maruti go for new swift bookings opened

• bharathi |13 Jul,2011 01:55:46 PM

Compared Maruti Swift against Ford Figo!!! Surprising not at all acceptable... Figo over rules all cars in its class...not seems to be a genuine review...

kt |25 Aug,2011 08:34:13 PM

let us compare ritz zxi with figo titanium..figo has no power rear windows even in titanium model.... power of figo is only 71 ps while ritz has 85 ps power ..ritz has steering mounted audio controls while figo doesnt have..ritz ground clearance is 170mm while figo's is 168mm.. ritz has high seating position which gives u an S.U.V. like experience..ritz has alloy wheels while figo doesnt have..ritz has rear and front fog lamps while figo doesnt have...only one thing where figo leads ritz its music system..

Ravi |29 May,2012 05:58:06 PM

But, Ritz looks like Ass Cut!!

• shanky |16 Aug,2011 09:35:36 PM

learn to drive 1st you will definetely luv the car. only issues for me is low ground clearence and low fuel economy. the drive and braking,,,,,,is the best in class no doubt.

• Franklin |01 Nov,2011 11:49:51 PM

I bought a Ford Figo Titanium diesel version cpl of months back and all was good until yesterday. My uncle took it to Sriperumbudur, and while returning back, the gear got jammed in 2nd shift and it never moved. He somehow, rode it until home. We called the customer care and the recovery van came and picked up the car to the service center... When asked to the people who came to pick up the car, they say, they're frequently hearing this complaint from figo and fiesta customers! If known already, why did they didn't inform us when initiated to buy a car? That's really a wonderful car, and I don't deny that, but this problem?

• VINEET SHARMA |28 Jan,2012 07:31:43 PM

I want to buy a car around 4-5 lacs. Pls guys, advice me between Ford Figo vxi and Maruti Ritz lxi. Help me pls. Thanks

• Deepika Chhetri |02 Mar,2012 05:03:04 PM

Hi Ford Figo Titanium Petrol Users.... I am planning to buy Ford Figo Titanium Petrol. Please suggest me or guide me with your experience with Ford Figo Titanium Petrol. I am not going for Diesel one because daily running of my car is not fixed. i might use it twice in a week and once in a 3 months for long tour from Guwahati to Siliguri. Please give your comments... Regards Deepika

• mathan.j |13 Apr,2012 09:58:35 PM

i bought a ford figo zxi diesel at 2011. Really it's a good car .i felt that the driving was smooth .better going 120/km speed is very comfortable to me.

• Anil |24 May,2012 01:11:49 PM

definitely , Ford Figo is not for ladies. Ladies can try out some maruti models not a ford!!!!

• Sebastian |31 Jan,2013 11:09:20 PM

Pros - Good mileage, good road grip and a plenty of leg and boot space, great Bluetooth connectivity, good speakers (company fitted) Cons - Lot of engine noise in the cabin, rattling dash board, rattling doors when playing music even at an ample volume, bad ground clearance, gear shifting issue (especially while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear), Low standard discs used in front breaking system (wares out easily), thin steel body which cannot even resists the slightest impact and above all a bad service provided by Metro ford (St Mark's road, Bangalore) service station. I would suggest the new buyers to have a second opinion before actually buying this car.

• RAJIV |06 Feb,2013 09:12:07 PM

iwant to buy new car confused with ford figo , toyota liva,cheverolet uva and with backwiper,foglamps, ABS, Airbags,music system all that in less then 6.25Lacs w/o R/C.

• anupam sharma |08 Apr,2013 05:05:04 PM

i have purchased ford figo on 28 nov it is a new ford figo and what i have observed there were few problem with a old ford figo which has been rectified and have removed a car is very good & Comfortable and it is always good to drive ground Clarence is less when the air pressure is low if the air pressure is 40 then i have never faced ground clearance issue and i am still driving see what happens in future but today i am satisfied

Ford Figo Review Scorecard