X1 is simply poor

By Bala Chandran K   July 18, 2012
  • Appearance

Look and Style: The look is good but the styling is very average   Comfort: Extremely poor. It gives me a lower back pain when a drive stretch exceeds around 100 KM's and very unconfortable for co-passengers too. I get a feeling that the seats are designed for 'discomfort'!!   Pickup; Acceptable   Mileage: Very disappointing in city runs. Also noticing a major variation between on-car fuel guages and actual fuel consumption.   Best Features: Almost nothing excepting the auto-lock facility   Needs to improve: Very hard to drive. Bumpy Indian city roads makes you feel that the car has no shock abosorbers!!   Overall Experience; Disappointing for a aclaimed BMW brand. All my fond expectations have been dashed. The X1 has taught me that 'Expectation reduces Joy'. Strange that BMW uses the caption Joy is what you make of it for the X1 marketing promotions. For me it is anything but Joy!!

Comments
 Comments BMW X1
  • prem |22 Dec,2012 01:32:57 PM

pros and cons of this one

• bond cruise |25 Jan,2013 03:57:27 PM

better you buy a maruthi alto...

• Armand Tirol Davila |21 Jan,2014 01:55:35 PM

Yeah I Agree with you! Everything you said about the X1 is true! I bought my X1 primarily based on the reviews of critics and the name BMW. I did not test it we'll because in Manila Philippines the traffic is worst! Thou I noticed that in short test the steering was heavy! But still I decided and bought the x1. After a week of driving I got so disappointed of it's performance! The X1 was lumbering on corners and gush the run flat tire is a pain in the neck! I have a Toyota Yaris and believe it or not, the YARIS has more room and space both at the front and back seats, considering that the Yaris has a spare tire which the X1 does not have! Should we take out the name BMW from the picture and let's judge all cars as generics, THE BMW X1 with it's price tag would come out LAST among the SUV's. Compared to Sportage turbo, diesel, Subarus, mazdas etc! YOU ARE DAMN RIGHT and I AM DAMN WRONG in buying my BMW x1

• Armandtiroldavila |21 Jan,2014 02:05:58 PM

SIMPLY BMW X1 IS A POOR CAR WITH POOR PERFORMANCE with a HIGH PRICE!

• Armand Tirol Davila |21 Jan,2014 03:09:24 PM

By the way I almost forgot, Do you have an idea how much BMW X1 sells in the Philippines? 80,000 USdollars!

• ArmandtirolDavila |23 Feb,2014 08:58:26 AM

If you hate somebody, advise him to buy BMW X1. Gush! The steering is heavier than a series 1 land rover 1965! I have driven a lot of cars without power steering, the BMW X1 is the heaviest! The maneuverability of the X1 is terrible! Driving it on heavy traffic in a Manila Phillippines is hell, the suspension with arFT tires is like riding in a cart. I think Bmw slept for the last 50 years, when the y wake up , the only improvement that they can think of is RFT tires, now that subaru 2 liter turbo has made a benchmark in performance- 0-100kms in 6.2 seconds at half your price with so much goodies! Better do your homework we'll. for the meantime your x1 is in my garage, I don't know what to do with. In today's standard it is neither a car or a tank!

• Armand Tirol Davila |13 Jan,2015 08:29:56 PM

TO PUT IT SIMPLY, THERE IS NO NEED FOR YOU TO EXERCISE! DRIVING AND STEERING THE BMW X1 IS JUST LIKE HAVING DUMBBELLS IN YOUR LEFT AND IN YOUR RIGHT HANDS!

BMW X1 Review Scorecard