Going through Horrible times

By for Volkswagen Vento 2015-05-27 13:29:07.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Nil

Cons : Battery draining woes

I was an Audi/Volkswagen owner for long time when I was outside of India. I purchased a New Vento (TSI Highline) on 16th Jan 2015 from a Kolkata dealer with the same faith. But have had a horrible experience with the car and jotting down my sufferings below :

While taking the delivery, I have identified that Hand rest in between Driver seat and passenger seat is broken. They requested me to take it to service center and fixed it on 31st January after 2 visits as the part was not available.

22nd Feb : First time my car was broken down in office parking as Battery was drained. Service center has sent technician and it was jump started.

24nd Feb : Second time car was broken down in office parking as Battery was drained. Service center has sent technician and it was jump started. Technician took it to the service center and returned it on 28th February saying car doesn't have any problem.

6th March : 3rd time car was broken down in office parking as Battery was drained. Service center has sent technician and it was jump started again. Technician took it to the service center and returned the on 16th March. Changed Battery, Self as there was an electrical leakage.

14th May : 4th time car was broken down in office parking as Battery was drained. Service center has sent technician and it was jump started. Technician took it to the service center and now they are trying to identify the root cause.

Now my question is when VW is taking pride of having German technology and also having no flaws in the car, why I am facing this with a new car? Are the cars getting manufactured in India not going through same quality standard as outside India? I am going to publish my story everywhere in social media so that everyone gets to know about it and refrain themselves from buying this faulty car.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this September
  • neeraj rai |08 Sep,2015 02:26:56 PM

Good to update buddy...I thought of this ..but certainly will not go for that now

• nathesh |26 Oct,2015 12:37:53 PM

There was a problem in office parking...

• vivek |03 Feb,2016 10:32:26 PM

Thanks for ur review, so that buyers can aware of vw. Actually i am planning to buy vento, but almost people are not satisfied with vw in India.

• sarith |28 Apr,2016 10:03:11 PM

Good that u said, i was almost finalized for vw vento. Now i think i should re think Thanks for valuable comment

• dr t m s |26 May,2017 08:54:09 PM

least troublesome ,toyota etios vxd

• Rajendra Majali |22 Jun,2017 03:49:46 PM

I am using Vento for last six years but my experience is very good with Vento. Barring maintenance cost which is on higher side(not unexpected) I didn't face any problem with the car for last six years. Today also I am getting 20KM/LTR average. Feel very safe at high speed and road grip is excellent. Planning for new vento diesel automatic.

Jiwan |04 Sep,2017 12:31:47 PM

Just want to know your reviews on Vento Diesel Automatic. i am planning to buy.