Rating of Volkswagen Polo

N
NAVEEN DHEMBLA
for 1.5 TDI Highline
On: Jan 17, 2017 | 56 Views

Hello everyone !! Today I would like to share my opinions about my VOLOKSWAGEN POLO. I purchased this car in may 2015. Volkswagen polo was my dream car since it was launched in India & it was my first love in cars. I bought the 1.5 highline variant. It costed me approximately 9.35 lac after the discount. I have driven it approximately 44,000 km's. I got the night blue color which looks very beautiful & if you want to get this color polo then in latest model of polo it is not available. Well overall in my personal opinion I think that VW polo is a value for money package. According to me with each & every year polo has evolved a lot. Its engine has remained the same since it was launched, but the major changes have taken place in its styling & the infotainment system which I personally think are a great improvement making the car much more beautiful & powerful. Why I love this car is because it has got a very powerful & bigger engine than its competitors such as i20 & baleno. Although it lacks some features such as cruise control (this feature is available in the latest model of this car) & key less entry & push button start but still for me overall it is an excellent package. 1 EXTERIOR : Polo has got perfect exterior. It has great looks, it looks quite sporty & somewhere it is also elegant. When we look at the front of this car the big volkswagen symbol with the chrome line under it looks great. It has got a bit low ground clearance i.e. 165mm due to which it looks quite sporty. The headlights with black color finish looks awesome & the rear spoiler make it appear much sporty. the alloy wheels looks gorgeous on the blue color & the lines flowing on the back bumper looks marvellous. 2 PERFORMANCE : This car is powered by 1498 cc 4 cylinder turbocharged engine producing a maximum power of 89 bhp @ 4200 RPM & a maximum torque of 230 Nm @ 1500 RPM. I have taken it to a maximum speed of 145 KM/H when the air conditioner was switched on. It gives a mileage of roughly 17 KM in the city drives & I have not tested it on highway. One main problem is that as the time has passed the engine has became louder making more noise & causing irritation. 3 INTERIOR : As we step into the car the first thing which can be seen is the dashboard of the car which looks very well arranged & beautiful. The black gloss finish in the steering wheel looks very beautiful & the steering wheel has a flat bottom which gives a sporty essence. Since it has a dual tone interior the cabin looks quite airy & good. The infotainment system & the air conditioner controls look great with a silver strip surrounding them. Overall the interior of this car is great. 4 COMFORT & CONVENIENCE : It is one of the most essential part of the car where most of the customers would want more comfort. Volkswagen polo offers great comfort. The front seats are quite comfortable & offer great thigh support making the drive more comfortable. The back seats also offer a great thigh support & have a nice inclination angle & is good for long drives, but there is no armrest at the back seat. This car has great suspension & small bumps on the road are not even felt. The air conditioner of polo is great & it does not even take 5 minutes to cool the car & its controls are easy to access. It also has steering mounted audio controls which work great. Rear air conditioning vents are also present for the backseat passengers & are quite effective. 5 STORAGE : This car has plenty of storage the door pockets have big bottle holders & the glove box in the dashboard is quite spacious. It has a quite large boot i.e. 295 liters & is practically design to hold maximum luggage. I am able to fit 2 medium sized suitcases & 2 small bags easily in it. 6 INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM : The infotainment system is nice & has a USB port, an AUX port, a CD slot & also supports bluetooth. It is easy to access but the problem is that it is not touch screen (the latest model has a touch screen infotainment system). MY FINAL VERDICT I liked this car a lot & I would say that you must go for it, it is able to fulfill all my requirements & it is also fuel efficient & is not even much costly to maintain. It does not has long waiting time. It has almost all features (bluetooth, auto rain sensing wipers etc.) & it is very comfortable to make the ride much more comfortable. THANK YOU !!

Other Polo Reviews