Unresponsive Sales people

• Appearance

Look and Style : NA Comfort : NA Pickup :NA Mileage : NA Best Features : NA Needs to improve : Customer Orientation immensely. A good product with lousy sales people is a sure failure. Overall Experience : is frustrating! My younger son (12 yrs) called Volkswagon at least 4 times requesting for a test drive. We identified the nearest dealer. Since then we have had 3 calls from the dealer but no one commits to offer us a test drive of the Polo. If this is the state of service, even before we buy a Polo, I can well imagine what will happen at the after-sales service stage. No, I'd rather stay with our trusted Tata and Maruti (both got their vehicles to my doorstep within 24 hrs of enquiry)!

Comments Volkswagen Polo 2009-2013
  • Sid |17 Feb,2012 05:32:37 PM

With all respect sir,VW is a new company in india while Maruti and Tata are already established so it makes a lot of difference even for the dealer. The aftersales of VW a not bad at all if you compare it to Skoda which is of the same family. Polo is a really good product and this one incident shouldn't cloud your decision if you'r buying the car. All i have to say is that give VW some time.

kapra |23 Feb,2012 09:53:34 PM

Volkswagen is new in India. But it it the largest car manufacturing company in the world since 2010. In USA and all over the world they have the best customer service. It is all about training the dealers and their staff. In India customer service is always poor. Until they change their mind set and accept that Customer is the king they won't be able to treat their customers well. VW is new to India is not an acceptable excuse. They must train their people for better customer service if they want to survive in India.

• Dr. Ashok Prakash Agarwal |17 Feb,2012 05:43:36 PM

these volkswagan people are going in the same diresction as fiat in after sales and service.they are most unsensitive people to there costomer.

• Mahesh |20 Feb,2012 06:30:05 PM

The same thing happened with me- I bought about a month back even not cover 1000 kms Till now they have not yet delver it to me RC & Insurance. They said with in a week they will hand over to me a key chain which is a part of Chargeable things given and paid by me - Till now the key chain not yet delver- If it is coming from Germany may reach. I called all the time to the dealer to check but they did not to me. I think there will be a big fight with dealer if not be given to me soon. Improve the GR other wise India will kik it out.

kapra |23 Feb,2012 09:54:45 PM

Call their corporate office in India. They will make them straight.

Bala |23 May,2012 11:51:03 PM

Hi Mahesh,Can you please tell me from which dealer you bought the car? Im planning to buy Polo next month,

• raja |20 Feb,2012 11:43:16 PM

Am looking to purchase either Polo Comfortline or Hyundai i20 Magna. What would you advise? My daily running around is approx 25 kms. Which is lower on maintenance cost?

• kapra |23 Feb,2012 09:57:08 PM

VW has better ride. Hyundai is crap. But it entered the Indian market well before other car companies. So they are at advantage. Test drive both cars. You will have better idea.

• prabhat srivastava |24 Apr,2012 12:52:51 PM

Dear Volkwagon, I want somebody from a company end to contact me on 09776030405, as bcoz i am interested to buy POLO 1.2 dsl trendline.ASAP. Prabhat Srivastava 9776030405 prab0107@yahoo.com Bhubaneswar.

• divyang |11 May,2012 02:04:42 PM

i am thinking to buy a VW polo.. but after watching the review of you people my mindset may change to other brand..

Volkswagen Polo 2009-2013 review scorecard