A bit delicate

• Appearance

Pros : Strong Engine

Cons : Poor quality of Steering mechanism. Poor dealer support.

Look and Style: Excellent. Imposing. Though interiors not as great as the Innova. Comfort: Very comfortable especially in the driver's seat. I dont allow the driver to drive. Pickup: a bit jerky.  not too great a response to the accelerator. though once it picks up then it runs. Mileage: Within city (Bangalore) 7 to 8 KMPL.  On Highway we got 11 kmpl. Best Features: The engine and the impressive looks. The Ground clearance is excellent. Needs to improve: Interiors. The Music system is crappy.  Very poor quality FM radio reception. and looks quite tacky and cheap. Definitely does not look like a Toyota OEM. Overall Experience: We made the mistake of buying the car from Ravindu Toyota (Bangalore).  Bad service. They are clueless. And are unable to replace faulty accessories even though they are supposed to be OEM. Major DrawBack. Very delicate Steering mechanism. Steering wheel goes off alignment even when the vehicle encounters small pot-holes within the city. My car started giving problems from the 2nd day of use. Have taken it back to the service centre thrice till date. Ravindu engineers warned me not to drive the vehicle on bad roads.  Our Three year old i10 performs much better on bad roads. no problem till date, and we really drive it rough. So now when we have to drive on bad roads, we take the i10, and only use the Fortuner on good roads. I have written several times directly to Toyota, and they keep on bouncing me back to the dealer.  Finally gave up.

Comments Toyota Fortuner
  • Srinivas Rao |24 Nov,2013 02:22:26 AM

Yes I agree with the concerns. When a customer is buying with huge amount does Toyota engineers want us to drive on good roads means everyone who is buying Toyota Fortuner should construct his on road to drive Toyota Fortuner. It's a shame to Toyota company itself where his staff is providing such replies. If I would have been the showroom owner the concern person would be terminated immediately.

• nisthul |29 Nov,2013 11:03:50 AM

i never think so bcozzzzz toyota forturner is one of the best offroader in its segment ... so how can it happen ......... that toooooo a faulty steering wheeel .. may be it would be the problem with the machine you got ... i mean that individual piece ... that does not mean forturner is a delicate car .. .itzzz a tough car

jafar |16 Jan,2014 05:21:57 PM

If Toyota is tough car, then why the showroom engineer told don't ride on bad roads...even in UAE, if you buy toyota for AED 120,000 ( Indian money 20 lacs )..you wont be having feature like..reverse camera..cruise control..bluetooth...navigation...but for the same price in other car companies like hyundai..KIA, suzuki, nissan, will be giving more features....so all over the world TOYOTA cheating their customers..saying or thinking that only TOYOTA has resale value...we should stop buying TOYOTA.

• ritik singh |12 Apr,2015 07:05:24 PM

Toyota fortuner is one of mine fav suv.. In lucknow city with great features, interior, exterior each n every thing of fortuner. I have 2 toyota fortuner this car is best segment in suv's..

• sunny gupta |21 Aug,2015 10:59:13 PM

interior of toyota is worst as compared to maruti and hyundai

Toyota Fortuner review scorecard