Very basic Vehicle.

By for Toyota Platinum Etios from Ahmedabad 2012-03-26 09:39:52.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Very smooth steering and perfect turning radius.

Cons : Not provided basic requirement of a car.

Look and Style is good. Comfort is moderate. Front seat head rest is not convenient. Pickup good. Mileage reasonable. Best Features-steering is very comfortable and turning radius is good. Needs to improve: should provide basic requirements like temperature indicator and oil level indicator. Overall Experience Driving is good, but we feel that we are driving a very weak and poor vehicle. There is not a single basic feature. The dashboard is blank. There is no temperature or oil indicator. How can I know about the heating of my engine? This car will give warning signal after the engine is extremely overheated and damaged. I was aware that this model has no music system or ABS, but I can't imagine that they will not provide us such an important basic requirements. I can get installed the music system outside or avoid it, but how can I install temperature indicator or oil indicator? Don't we ask a builder that will you provide a toilet in the house? they have to provide all basic requirement in a house. Same is for car also. So I request all Etios buyer to unite and ask to provide us these missing important requirements.

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this June
  • P M Patel |26 Mar,2012 10:22:49 AM

In the United States they were forced to call back millions of vehicles because of poor workmanship and faulty break system. We Indians should aware of our rights and inform the company that don't under estimate Indian customers. We will fight for our rights.

Sivakumar V |26 Mar,2012 10:12:01 PM

I second you Mr Patel. You can voice your concerns and feedbacks to Toyota Japan thro its mail Id - ap-overseas@mail.toyota.co.jp. Definitely you will be responded by them for common problems in the vehicle.

P M Patel |31 Mar,2012 08:54:04 PM

Thank you Mr. Sivakumar. I was very busy during this week. This week end I will convey my views to them. Toyota makes good engines, but when we buy a car we are not buying only engine. We buy a complete car, we need some interior and some basic requirements of car. They could have done buy spending few hundreds only. An electronics clock cost 100 or 200 bucks maximum. The tmperature and oil indicators may cost them few hundred rupees. Let us say if they have spent less than 5000/- rupees for desh board, they could have build nice vehicle. When customer is spending more than Rs. six lacs rupees,they can spend five thousand more for better dashboard.

• b bakshi |31 Mar,2012 09:38:57 PM

Mr Sivakumar, Thought to take your advise before buying. What do you recommend to buy- Petrol or Diesel Etios. I like the shape/design and price. But what about the overall performance. What about the body - seems very weak, specially for congested cities like Bangalore. Any other comment, why we should go for some other car. How about maintenance /spares cost ? Pls give your frank opinion. Rgds/Bakshi

Sivakumar |03 Apr,2012 07:00:25 AM

Cost of running a diesel is low as etios gives good mileage. But for cities like Bangalore where the speed breakers are many and large ( have you seen the ones near Wipro Head Office on Sarjapur Road) - you may consider the new Skoda Fabia to be introduced shortly which has better ground clearance. Also Fiat has sturdy cars. But the mileage will be lesser than etios or liva. Yes the etios and liva have very light doors. Toyota and especially Honda have a history of lesser servicing costs. Honda is introducing diesels. You can go for diesel if you have lots of driving daily say 1500 kms per month.

• A misra |10 Apr,2012 10:27:12 AM

dear mr Sivakumar, I am planning to buy a toyota Etios soon, bt am thinking again after looking at the weight of the car. it is only 915 kg and looks very big. the doors are so light...i fear it wil not bear any impact on the road annd i will be unsafe. Secondly after taking a 5 min test drive, wen the car was parked , i asked the driver to open the bonnet, and it threw out so much heat! this way i guess the coils and wires will meltdown soon. Other things i came to know after reading yr comment. Some cars being calld back for correction is another news for etios. Kindly suggest, should i go in for thge 2012 model etios or i shd swich over to POLO which is smal in size and is quite weighty and sturdy. i need yr help to take a decision. Thanks n regards. A Misra

• mayur |12 Jul,2012 10:22:37 PM

toyota etios and liva is one of the best car in this segment

• Kumud kumar |20 Feb,2017 10:23:41 AM

About engine heating/ temperature there is no indication which is a must.