Not For The Loud And Flashy

By for Toyota Etios Liva 2016-09-02 13:55:23.0
  • Appearance

I bought the dual tone Liva (Red & White). And I am quite delighted with it.

Let me start with the Exterior.

It's simple but elegant. I would understand why many would not prefer it compared the more flashy designs available in the market. ButĀ for me, I am quite comfortable with a simple but yet slightly out of the box look. Thus the Liva dual tone.

Low for the interior, again simple, but very spacious. Don't understand the fuss people make about the centre console. It's not that I drive looking at the console. I wouldn't call the interiors beautiful but it's pleasant and inviting.

The drive quality is just beautiful. Changing gears is a breeze and long drives are simply fun. It is little underpowered I must confess but what it lacks in power it makes for in sheer fun of driving.

The mileage is not something that I can complain or boast about. All brands provide cars with similar mileage with a standard deviation of +or- 2Ltrs. Which can always be attributed to driving conditions. Don't see why we make such a fuss on this subject as well.

Cutting corners and breaking are also very efficient. The steering is very responsive. It gets the right amount of tension at higher speeds and loosens up to a very comfortable force at low speeds. This makes both City driving and Highways a delight to be on.

I must confess when I first bought the car, I decided to use it occasionally. As I found the use of the metro the metro and Uber extremely convenient. But the ease of driving, handling, turning, parking, the space it provides me & my family and not to forget the shopping bags, I now use the car very often.

Another tick for me was that there are not many Liva's on road ( for reasons I don't really understand ). This makes the Liva much more exclusive.

Over the car may seem boring. But functionally it does every thing a car is supposed to do and in some cases much better than any other car, I test drive. Thus a perfect buy if you're looking for functionality and practicality in a car with a little exclusivity.