VICTIM OF THE WORST CAR - TOYOTA ETIOS LIVA

By for Toyota Etios Liva 2014-2016 2012-12-22 14:38:58.0
  • Appearance

Overall Experience   We Purchased Toyota Etios Liva last year during Diwali and it was maintained only with the dealer from the beginning. No additional extra fittings were deployed in the car other than what the dealer provided for extra cost at the time of purchase. But before this year Diwali, the car burnt automatically (on a rainy day midnight 11.30 PM) while it was parked in my house porch in side locked gates. Since it was first year itself, we will get the basic cost from the insurance. But the arrogant Toyota Kirloskar Motor management is giving a sterio  type reply that their vehicle is not having any fault, that too when TOYOTA Japan had withdrawn about 2.8 Million cars worldwide. The way they are repeatedly replying seems as such we ourself set fire to our own brand new car (it has hardly run about 2000 kms). The blunder what I did was chossing Toyota car. As a middle class person, even if I have hired vehicle to travel these 2000 odd kilometers, I would not have spent more than one tenth of this lost amount (almost more that two lakhs I lost just buying Toyota Etios car). Even as I am using Toyota (Japanese) car for the past more than 18 years, my sincere advise to those who wants to buy a new car, not to buy Toyota cars in India, even though it's a Japanese tied-up brand of car. You will not get proper response & responsibilities from the local manufacturer, TKM. This is my experience, even after appealing directly to their CEO. DUE TO THE WORST EXPERIENCE WITH TOYOTA INDIA, I REQUEST FELLOW CUSTOMERS NOT TO CHOOSE TOTYOTA ETIOS LIVA - BETTER GO FOR SOME OTHER BRAND.

• Vikas |22 Dec,2012 03:42:40 PM

Is Toyota having imported Engine or it is Enginre made by Kirloskar, India

Sebin |19 Feb,2013 10:40:27 PM

All the Toyota vehicles till now on Indian road have Japanese or imported engines

• sachin |22 Dec,2012 07:23:48 PM

can you kindly quote your car's VIN #, i would like to verify from Company if this is really true

E.V. SRENIVASAN |24 Dec,2012 02:25:48 PM

For some or other reason, I am not giving further details for few more days. Please wait, I will give further details

kumar |31 Dec,2012 05:50:39 PM

Hi, can you please share your contact or call me please. I would like to know more details about your experience.

E.V. SRENIVASAN |06 Jan,2013 02:57:19 PM

Since I am in Muscat, Oman and only my family is in Chennai, you can contact me at +96898632535. Since it's compulsory for Indian mobile number (not accepting other countries), I am giving my Indian Mobile Number, but it's with me in Muscat. Please don't try in this number.

sandeep sharma |09 Apr,2016 05:21:26 PM

B There n n. N-n n km hotel. km know vyyy bh

sandeep sharma |09 Apr,2016 05:21:32 PM

B There n n. N-n n km hotel. km know vyyy bh

• abc |27 Dec,2012 12:35:26 AM

Good info friend...I have already booked it and was planning to buy but after reading your feedbacks I have changed my mind n even i will advice my fellow friends not to buy this bushit

• dinil |02 Jan,2013 03:03:07 PM

i had bought a etios liva gd,The suspension of the car is very poor.Even after consistatly reporting to the dealer,they arrogantly reply that it is true and will be changed after 2 months.Till now when i called them after waiting they are saying it will come only in march.And the front office is asking me to buy a new suspension from them which they have imported .The dealer name is Nippon Toyota, which functions at ernakulam in kerala.

• sasikanth |03 Jan,2013 11:05:31 AM

thanks for u r reviews my eyes are opened

• SAJITH |04 Jan,2013 11:22:03 AM

THIS WAS QUITE UNFORTUNATE.. BUT EVEN LAST YEAR I BOUGHT ETIOS LIVA SPORTIVO FROM NIPPON TAYOTTA EKM.. AND I MET WITH AN ACCIDENT ..ACTUALLY ONE AUTO HIT ON IT WHILE PARKED AT EKM.. I GOT A NICE SERVICE AND RESPONSE FROM NIPPON TAYOTA..THEY CHANGED ALL PARTS AND MAKE IT BRAND NEW AND DELIVERED WITH IN ONE WEEK... BUYING TAYOTA IS NOT BAD .. BUT FROM PROPER DEALER...

E.V. SRENIVASAN |06 Jan,2013 03:03:56 PM

Even for us the dealer had given very good service and even in future if we purchase a new vehicle, if they have that brand (once again I may not go for Toyota due to the way they responded), I will go to the same dealer. But the problem is in Indian manufacturing, even though they are not accept & we can't prove from our side (as I am using Toyota only mostly here in Muscat since 1994-95).

• Imran Ahmed |14 Jan,2013 08:14:13 AM

I can't accept this review. I own one myself and modify this heavily for racing purposes. Let us take a look at what might have gone wrong and your review. Seems like your Etios was burnt by Deepavali firecrackers or naughty kids. Very unlikely that this model self-combusts. Also your information doesnt link... 1. If you have hardly driven 2000kms, your car would not even need servicing. However, since it's been a year, you should have made a visit atleast. 2. Toyota was the first to recall cars. Almost every other car brand has recalled their cars for quality control ever since. You should be thankful they started the quality consciousness. 3. Why is your car burning on a rainy night? Exaggeration? 4. You've been driving them for 18 years - trust me not many other brands go that far. If your car were to combust, it should have been in your scorching Muscat desert than on a rainy night in India. All suspiscion aside, I'm sorry for your loss. It's unfortunate. However it would help for you to investigate your cause and explain like a proper engineer - perhaps fuel line hit by debris and short circuit from rain caused a fire. Perhaps a flying rocket hit a sweet spot where your fuel leaks. That will help both you and TKM solve this issue proper. USING YOUR SINGLE INCIDENT TO DESTROY ETIOS'S RELIABILITY IS UNFAIR! As an owner, it is heartbreaking to say my car is lousy just because urs had an accident. TKM has launched the Etios Motor Racing series for this year with modified Etios for racing. In order for the car to qualify as a racing vehicle stringent checks have been done to ensure they don't end up with such problems. I own one myself and I have made many changes to it, just to qualify for this race. Trust me, the only car i know that is more reliable for this purpose in India is the Corolla.

E.V. SRENIVASAN |04 Feb,2013 05:54:15 PM

Just I want to clarify here that I am driving Toyota car(s) for the past 18 years - not one car - it's right from 1.3 L Toyota Corolla 1 1/2 years, then 1.6 Toyota Corolla - about 11 years , then Camry for 2 1/2 years & now RAV 4 for the past 1 1/2 years (in between Nissan Sunny 1.8 for two years). For the rest of the comments, I will give you a fitted reply in few days, since I am busy in some other matters.

• Navin Quadros |12 Feb,2013 08:11:01 AM

Friends, I am experiencing a similar problem with Toyota Etios V (Petrol). My Car caught fire in the parking lot on 24 Jan 2013 at 5.40 AM . Toyota team visited the site and feel that fire was from outside in the parking lot. I am like fed up and need help. Navin 98193 69135

Navin Quadros |12 Feb,2013 08:12:44 AM

Mind you , this is just 2 months old car

• SUNIL PATERIA |18 Jul,2013 04:36:19 PM

NO FRIENDS I AM STRONGLY DIS AGREE WITH UR REVIEWS I HAD ALSO PURCHASED THE ETIOS LIVA IN 1/8/2011 AND I AM VERY MUCH SATISFIED WITH THE CAR AND DEALER SERVICES RAJPAL TOYOTA BHOPAL

• Dr PS Josan |08 Aug,2013 03:25:51 PM

Dear Sir, I still want to ask as on date Is Toyota having imported Engine or it is Enginre made by Kirloskar, India

• thomsondevasia |13 Sep,2013 07:37:13 PM

similar incidents have happened before,check online for the innova tragedy in cochin few years back.

• wd |20 Nov,2014 02:50:22 PM

Hi vikas.. I want to buy mercedes.....

• tr |24 Nov,2014 04:23:45 PM

Ghffghgggghhhhhhhh

• Laude Ke Baal |17 Apr,2015 12:12:10 AM

Hey u dont noe anything about that car ah ?

• Sam |24 Apr,2015 06:54:51 PM

Fkc cv gyvdkuvfhjb

Arpit |18 Aug,2015 01:35:33 PM

Ddhdhddhdhderdhhdhffjfdjddjurrurufrurueieirititiririruttjtjttjtjtjttjtjtjttjtj

• Sam |24 Apr,2015 06:54:54 PM

Fkc cv gyvdkuvfhjb

• pe d |26 Mar,2016 11:22:56 PM

Mine case is is nof that big but toyota or any other japnese or forign tech sucks buy maruti cars

• pravesh |29 Mar,2016 09:17:49 PM

Really its happened or not

• mahendra |25 Apr,2016 07:33:38 PM

Sir it could have been your bad luck. I am also owning this car and yearly i go about 1000 long trip (one side) to my home town from Indore twice in a year a i did'nt get any fault from 2014 when i purchased this car.It has been flawless journey altime