Cheapness gallore

• Appearance

Pros : cheap

Cons : cheap, looks prehistoric, non aesthetic and non ergonomic interiors

Look and Style prehistoric, non aesthetic, non ergonomic Tail cut Etios, looks bigger due to its saloon origins. Interiors give a feeling of all low quality fittings. the most anoying is the fitting of the centre console which makes the area behind the steering feel jurasic and lost. Comfort flat seats, not comfortable for long drives. Pickup stong engine, sits between a performance and average delivery, ultimately compromising both Mileage Petrol engine, anything above 10-11 would be considered as a bonus Best Features its car cover as an accessory Needs to improve ummmm, everything Overall Experience doesnt tick any of my preset boxes, Toyoto to be ashamed of itself for introducing a low quality product in a competitive market and later naming it India first. Its nowhere near the benchmarks, which seems to be set quite high above

Comments Toyota Etios Liva 2011-2012
  • Vijay Raj Devgan |12 Jul,2011 08:24:23 PM

I guess this car is build just to compete with other brands and to stay high in volume sales. Hence we have cannot look for high quality except the engine/transmission. For sure, the life of the engine and maintenance compared to other brands will be always better with Toyota. I agree that Toyota India should always introduce a high end version of every product for those who can't digest with the cheap interiors/design.

Prof.Gaikwad.Sunil |16 Aug,2011 02:13:30 PM

I had initially booked Etios sedan even before its physically launched. I was very much found of TOYOTA but, when actually took test drive the Noise filtering inside cabin from Engine, suspension and road is loud and if rave hard and travel for more than 25km then can experience a head acke and feels more uncomfortable if AC and music system is off. Vibrations can be experienced if rave above 100. Then I cancelled Etios sedan and transferred its booking amount for booking Liva with expectation that now in Liva such problems may not be there, but I was wrong as same above problems were yet in Liva also. At last I cancelled Liva again also, after having a long discussion with General Manager of DSK Toyota showroom Hadapsar, As he also agreed the problems which I pointed out and said may be in coming few months company may feedback and overcome this problems. A kind suggestion to those who have not booked Etios sedan or Liva - that please don't make the same mistake which I have made. I cancelled the booking, but you may not get the chance . If any body wants to contact me my name and number is: Prof.Gaikwad.Sunil - 09423994601 {Pune}

Dr. Vinay |27 Aug,2011 10:45:52 AM

Dear Prof Gaikwad, by taking test drive for 25 km you cannot judge the vehicle, even the test drive vehicle may have some problems for that reason you cannot judge the toyoto vehicles as cheep and worst i am using the vehicle from last april 2011 and travelled about 3000 km i dint found any headache or uncomfortable, compare to other vehicles its very comfort to sit in back seats. In pick up and speed wise its really a rockstar. So before giving the comments you should have a clear picture of the vehicle and then you have to comment a vehicle

• N Sharath Bhandary |08 Aug,2011 08:02:29 PM

The review is completely biased. The Toyota LIVA has more good positive assets than poor negative liabilities. A fair judgment should be the order of the day.

• ronak |07 Sep,2011 05:37:24 PM

wats price of liva?? i mean road price.. petrol top model..?

• L V Prasad Reddy |29 Oct,2012 08:02:59 PM

Looks great, but want to see directly and feel the car before making any judgement.

Toyota Etios Liva 2011-2012 review scorecard