BEWARE ! BREAKS OF TOYOTA ETIOS (DIESEL) FAILED! THERE IS A SERIOUS DEFECT IN THE BREAKING SYSTEM

By for Toyota Etios 2013-2014 from delhi 2011-12-20 12:47:04.0
  • Appearance

Cons : BREAKS OF TOYOTA ETIOS (DIESEL) FAILED! THERE IS A SERIOUS DEFECT IN THE BREAKING SYSTEM

Overall Experience BEWARE !  BREAKS OF TOYOTA ETIOS (DIESEL)  FAILED!  THERE IS A SERIOUS DEFECT IN THE BREAKING SYSTEM  OF TOYOTA  ETIOS CARS.  OWNERS/DRIVERS OF TOYOTA  ETIOS CARS ARE  ADVISED TO BE CAREFUL!  I  bought TOYOTA ETIOS (DIESEL) GDSP model in the 2nd week of October 2011. On the 06-12-2011 breaks of TOYOTA ETIOS  failed. It hardly did 3200 kms. On 6.12.11, while I was driving the vehicle, the brake pedal suddenly jammed. I was about to hit motorists on two whellers and to save them I had to ram the car into a stationary skoda car. Till date in spite of repeated follow ups Toyota Company has not given any reply to me nor has issued advisory to other users of vehicle to excercise caution in spite of my repeated requests. The dealer/workshop vide a written letter dated 13.12.11 had written that checks and inspections were done on the vehicle by Toyota engineer and the brake system was found to be ok and I can visit the workshop and they would explain and satisfy me on the aspect. On 19.12.2011 I visited dealer and asked to show me the documents/reports of checks, the dealer had no answer, no technical person came to see me though I waited for 1.5 hours, finally I was told that there are no such documents/reports and the technical and management staff are not in office. The staff present there informed me that no inspection or check was done. Toyota Etios GDSP model users are advised to drive the vehicle with care and caution, there is a serious problem in the vehcile which till date the company has avoided to address. I can be reached at Mobile :-  09818218885 and  my E-mail ID :-  manishkaushik.law@gmail.com.

• Anirban Chakravorty |20 Dec,2011 05:13:21 PM

I guess its a one-off incident. Can't make a general statement that there is a problem with the braking system. I think the Etios ABS is quite sound. I feel a car manufacturer like Toyota will never leave such gaping holes in their design.

J D Tripathi |20 Dec,2011 11:59:00 PM

The point is why is the company or the ealer in that case avoiding to answer ? Further whatever the case , at least they should be prompt in addressing the issue. Manish kausshik should put the name of the dealer also in his comment. - J D Tripathi dt.20 Dec ., 2011

• Dr M A Khan |25 Feb,2012 12:03:37 AM

Hi, I am about o buy TAYOTA Etios GDSP and hearing about brakes failure , really makes to think . Manish , what is your latest update.? Have 'Tayota' dealers reverted to as yet? Thanks

• b bakshi |31 Mar,2012 09:30:03 PM

Hi, I am thinking to buy a Toyota Etios, but after reading about the break failure, wondering ??. Any other problem/shortcomming e.g., body structure, seem very weak ? Can cause dents very easily, specially in Bangalore traffic. How about maintenance and cost of parts? Pls advise.

• Chander Gujral |12 Apr,2012 05:58:40 PM

Hi Manish, did you experienced the problem again. I am also considering Etios GDSP but after looking at your review, i would like to be double sure...

• Sunny |30 Apr,2012 03:30:51 PM

Today I am thinking of Live just due to its ABS. If that does not works then there is no motivation behind to buy this car. Still I will take a test drive and give my comments.

• ramchander |15 Jun,2012 09:27:54 AM

I am planning to buy etios vxd version but unable to take desision , can some body advise which is best deisel sedan family car in 10 laksh on road budget

• Sathish |11 Jul,2012 02:22:26 PM

Agree with you on the Brake failure. I have a Etios Liva Diesel GD with ABS and Today had a Brake Failure while i was on my way to the office. My Vehicle Rammed a Truck and Luckily it was at a Red Signal so I escaped with a small scratch on the Car. This is a very scary incident! Have asked an Explanation from Toyota and am awaiting one.

Swami |16 Jul,2012 07:51:10 PM

Dear mr Satish. This is really scary and disturbing too. I am (age 63) almost about to write a cheque today for buying LIVA DIESEL GD from a Chennai dealer. When I showed him Mr Manish Koushik's posting, he gave me an assurance that there was a problem in 2011 some cars, and has been fixed. Bychance I could see your posting and really disturbed. Break Failure in a car Can't be taken lightly. Can you or other experienced persons advise me if these can still be viewed as freak incidents or I should look for other cars? Thanks to the forum for the responses.

Sathish |16 Jul,2012 08:22:37 PM

Hello Swami, I can assure you that Etios Liva GD disel is definately a good choice , i have been using this car for last 6 months never had any issues. But this is quite strange and they have informed me this is one of cases never happened before and they have not given any written statement onthe same they are still waiting for head office report, but that is only for internal purpose, i had to escalate it to the manager to show reports so that i can also view.. still not done, awaiting for reports.I feel dealers really spoil the name of Toyota with there poor service and false statement. I really had to fight to get to this level they told me to take the car very next day without even checking. they took a test drive for 50 KM and informed me everything is fine now.I will keep posted on the reports once i hear it from them.

• Sathish |16 Jul,2012 08:19:47 PM

Swami |16 Jul,2012 09:33:24 PM

Thanks so much Satish for your very prompt reply. I am a relieved to read your view that Liva GD is a good car, and you are using for about 6 months. It would have been much better if Toyota responded to your serious event. Let's wait and see.

• Amit Bhatdwaj |19 Oct,2012 04:09:53 AM

I have heard some issue's in toyota etios disel. Break system is not good and when car goes over 100kmpl speed its start shevring.

• Prajosh |14 Nov,2012 09:45:59 PM

Dear Viewers, Brake shoe jamming I am facing with etios GD I was reported this issue on customer care when my vechicle was on 4500kms, after that the team is correted this issue by replacing the brake shoes. again this is repeted on 9100 kms, again now I am facing the same issue on 11200 kms... Dear reviewers please ensure the breaking system is working properly... I am dealing with Head CR Mr Sachin Hemant 9895200017, AMANA TOYOTA VPK MOTORS Calicut Kerala. Still he is no answer to give me to solve this issue. All Etios lovers...review carfully.... Any one can contact me at any time My vehicle no is KL-65 A 5119 Prajosh Veekanchery 8606327681

Sajan Joseph |20 Nov,2012 05:03:30 AM

I have been facing an issue with the suspension. Rattling sound from the rear ones and the front one just gives a thud when jumping into even small potholes. Took up the issue with Nippon a couple of times. They have not been able to resolve the problem.

• nammi |18 Dec,2012 03:50:26 PM

i hav already booked fr toyota etios diesel GDSP.. n jus nw i came across al des comments n i was shocked!! i dono whether to tak it r not.. coz most of d ppl hav faced serious problems. plzz guide mi whether to tak it r not soon... coz i hav very less tym!!!!