Climb or down ramp/hill safety feature missing in Zest Auto Diesel

By for Tata Zest 2015-04-02 11:43:05.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Car

Cons : Down hill/ Ramp up problem

After hearing a lot about the convenience and benefits of Automatic model in mid segment, I recently bought XMA Zest Diesel from Tata Motors Dealer at Bengaluru and I am really shocked to find a very important safety feature completely ignored by the manufacturer's Technical/ Safety/Quality Team as well as by many sites that review new cars.

In Bengaluru especially where you can have many climb/down hill roads, or when you are driving into or out of Shopping Malls having basement/ multilevel parking the Car is completely unsafe since while driving up the Ramp, if Hand brake is not applied at the extreme high level it is impossible to push up the Car. Almost I had to pull back the handbrake in both hands and then choose to accelerate to move forward, when you are mid way in Ramp (up). Similarly, in slope if you are waiting between two cars , it is impossible to prevent Zest from going forward and trying to take it back on Reverse was almsot impossible.

This in my view is completely compromised Safety aspect not only for those driving but also those who are behind or ahead of you in this situation above.

I have informed the Sales Team at the Dealer place, he said will bring it to the notice of their RM/technical team. I want to know if this could be complained to RTO and other authorities for deficiency in design of safety aspect.

I forgot to mention, I am driving for last 19 years and never thought automatic version would have this compromise.

Pls help.

• VENKATASAMY |12 Apr,2015 12:02:16 AM

Me and my friends group about to buy this AT version and shocked about not having the hill mode feature. We all 10 of us dropped the plan to buy this car. Otherwise the car is having excellent features.

• sukumar |21 Apr,2015 01:49:14 AM

• arun |24 Apr,2015 06:44:20 PM

Many of my friends having Amt version no one complained about this. Every one is happy with Zest .

• Ranjith |04 May,2015 12:58:25 AM

what is the safety feature for going up hill and down hill in a car with gear ??? It is just common sense

• Sanket |05 May,2015 11:38:45 AM

Look like people just buying cars and go on road.Then starting completing about car.first they should get full knowledge about car.In auto zest version they provide m transmission for any hill or ghat section.Only select gear lever on M and select the appropriate gear for hill or ghat.If you going through ghat so select up to 2nd gear and you dont need to press brakes.so there is safety provision for all roads.

• gopinadhan |07 May,2015 11:50:09 AM

Just last month I got my Zest AT version. Mr. Kannan's comment is absolutely correct. I am also facing the same problem.

• Mohamed Husain |11 May,2015 10:29:46 PM

I think this problem all automatic cars have. and the solution is to use parking brakes or switch over to Manual mode. Can any one suggest an automatic car without this problem. What is the difference between AMT and AT. Is this problem seen only in AMT ?

• vishweshwar |20 May,2015 06:36:46 PM