The Unexpected Tata Car

By for Tata Tiago 2016-11-26 11:42:59.0
  • Appearance

I bought Tata Tiago XZ (Petrol) a month ago and I am very impressed by this car. Here are few parameters which can help you decide whether to buy this car or not:

Performance:

Currently, the mileage is slightly over 17 Km/l after 1200+ Km drive. The acceleration is ok as mine is a petrol car. Steering feels light. The AC is very effective with centralised cooling. Handling of the car while driving at 100-120 Km/h is good. The suspension system is very effective. This car is also good while driving off roads. While driving this car on highways is not much hassle. It comes with two driving modes: ECO and City mode for mileage efficiency. Also, it can stop from very high speeds within 5-6 seconds which show its braking is quite effective. Overall in terms of performance, it is decent.

Comfort:

The boot space is 242 litres which is sufficient. Back leg space is decent but might get uncomfortable for people with the height greater than 6 feet. Driver seat is adjustable in 3 dimensions and steering can be adjusted which makes sure that anybody can drive this car.

Safety:

Tata Tiago XZ variant has 2 front airbags and is equipped with ABS & EBD. Considering the scenario of Indian roads, I would suggest everyone consider this parameter also.

Additional features:

The features like 4 speakers Harman music system, Cooled glove box and steering controlled info-tech makes it best in its segment of the hatchback. It also has reverse parking sensors.

Interior & exterior:

The exterior is attractive and as well as its interior. The interior is classy with Harman dashboard, AC vents and display meters. The display meter looks stylish and it also digital.

Service & Maintenace cost:

As this is a Tata car, service cost is not going to be much. In terms of maintenance, I did not have to spend extra amount until now since it is a new car.

Conclusion:

I bought this car considering the price and feature it provides. I also considered Hyundai Grand i10 but did not provide features as of Tiago. But I personally suggest people to not consider the brand name Tata because it is beyond that.

This car breaks traditional tata brand image. Must go for it!

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this July
  • rajeev |03 Jan,2017 03:37:44 AM

feel good

• CHURI |27 Jan,2017 04:05:38 PM

Good review

• Lt Col Priya Vrata Dikshit |17 Feb,2017 08:32:22 PM

reading it's fuel consumption is very siiscouraging/Mt Indica VII of 2002 vintage is still doing bettwr 25/16 / Km per litre// With Imdica I havw covered all corners of our country./ Will three stroke enjine be reliable ? Or should I go for Swift Dsire for more re;isilitr ?

• Priya Vrata Dikshit |17 Feb,2017 08:44:50 PM

Reading it's fuel consumption is very discouraging/My Indica V II of 2002 vintage is still doing bettwr 25/16 / Km per litre. With my Indica II I havw covered all corners of our country./ Will three stroke enjine be reliable ? Or should I go for Swift Dsire for more relisilitr ?

• nikunj |22 Feb,2017 08:28:19 PM

good review.....but one thing i hv to mention is,it comes with 8 speaker system not 4...