• Sponsored
    Rs   4.16 - 5.35 Lakh*

My Review of Tiago XZ Petrol after 12769 KM of driving

By for Tata Tiago 2017-04-26 11:15:03.0
  • Appearance

"I have bought the car (Tata Tiago XZ Petrol) on "Laxmipujan" (28th October 2017). I am a daily user of the car.Pros:

1. Design (Interior and Exterior): You feel very lucky when you seat at the driving seat and have a glance at interior in front of you. Tata Tiago is entry level hatchback but at exit end! which has a very dynamic design like the front of the car has the smiling face with an elegant design. The front grill is the honeycomb-shaped makes you prouder. The build quality is the best among all the Tata Cars and as well as the best design. All the colors options are great but I like the Espresso brown which I own! (LOL!). The dashboard too has the honeycomb textured if you look closely. The body colored Air Conditioner vents are ones which catch your eye. The materials used inside are not of cheap qualities. Rear Seat have enough space under thigh support and outside view through the window is well maintained. Best interior as well exterior display.

2. Mileage Always above 20 with AC. I drive in City as well as on Highway daily. You have to be a good driver to assure smooth working of the engine. Eco Mode and City mode are the ones which are very useful. For smooth drivers eco mode makes you feel better both for your comfort and pocket.

3. Comfort: I can bet on this! You name any car in this segment having such great comfort for both front and rear passengers. Even on Indian roads, you don?t blame your decision of buying this car. Suspensions are awesome.

4. Capacity: 1200 CC feel us no guilty while driving with sedan cars. You can have your whole family on long tour and don?t get tired at all. I had 600 kms in one day with another driver along with me. At no point of time, we thought to have rest. It feels very comfortable.

5. Once you get on highway, with fifth gear in activation mode it feels like sedan car without having any vibrations, noise (some issues related to this are mentioned in cons)etc.

6. Entertainment: Speaking about entertainment system, Harmon music system leaves no stone unturned with 8 speakers giving rich quality of sound. No matter what kind of song it is, harmon is the half musician which adds great value to the song. Mind blowing!

7. Security: Anti Braking System (ABS) with EBD makes you safer and secure. This gives us confidence while driving. Braking system works good, but you have to be careful in the beginning if you are habitual of normal braking system.

Cons:

1. Vibrations: Tata Motors should have to work on this. When you start the car and put your hand on gear, it feels you get shock of electricity without current. But with 3 cylinder engine this is somewhat expected.

2. Noise: Not much, but yes have some noise issues at the start of engine. Once you get the speed this issue gets faded.

Overall, with the on-road price of 5.48 Lac for Top Model, I am 100% proud owner of Tiago. Go for it.

I would really like to thank online automotive portals for their rigorous research on every car that helped me in taking right decision."

• Don't miss out on the festive offers this January
  • ab sharma |05 Sep,2017 10:56:14 PM

oct 2017 still to come . plz dont post paid review.

Gautam Kumar |28 Sep,2017 02:15:52 PM

LOL.... Oct 2017.... Please guys.. its earnest request to share real experience. It will help other to make right choice

• Neeraj |07 Sep,2017 01:38:34 PM

You bought the car on 28th October 2017.......strange.

• himansu |28 Sep,2017 03:24:33 PM

I am planning to purchase my 1st car and Tiago indeed is the best choice, But when I took suggestions from my friends, they suggested not to go for TATA. As per them, TATA needs heavy maintenance. Please clarify this, if it really needs a lot of maintenance or we can rely on it?

• Shirish |10 Oct,2017 02:59:35 PM

If you think Tata Motors ask for more maintenance, listen to Desi School - Ravi and/or Gagan Chaudhary who are day in and out in the cars. Well, I experienced Tata Motors for 4 years and I can surely say that they are not at all costly. Help yourself with top of the line AMC and be comfortable.

• a k datta |02 Dec,2017 02:40:30 PM