Fantastic vehicle from tata
This is, in fact, a good vehicle from tata motors. I took it for a long trip to goa which is about 1200 kms from my native place (up and down) and the mileage was checked by refilling the tank. In eco mode, it has a mileage of 24 km/l. The cons is that of service only, which tata should focus on. There are some conditions for obtaining good mileage and those are
1) Try to drive your vehicle in a speed range of 55-60 km per hour.�
2) Never use your clutch pedal as footrest. Footrest is provided in tiago.
�3) Try to take your foot from the clutch pedal as soon as you shift the gear.�
4) Eco mode won't gives you sudden pick up. So try to avoid pressing accelerator pedal all of a sudden. You can do it in case you are driving in city mode. In eco mode, there is a point which will give you smoothness of engine without vibration.�
5) Check the rpm and don?t let go beyond 2.5. The indicator will ask you to shift the gear when it reaches 2.�
6) Don' expect promised mileage before 10000 kms. I was getting a mileage of 11-12 earlier. But now it is 16-17 in heavy traffic and 24 in a long journey. Once the digital meter showed an average of 30 but there will be a slight difference. 7) We should always try to understand the vehicle before driving it. I mean any vehicle. I am saying this based on my 23 years of experience with vehicles (even heavy vehicle). Also don't fill the tank completely. Most of the petrol pumps have an automatic cut off. Stop refilling at that point. Filling up to the neck will increase the pressure in the tank leading to excess drawal of fuel from the tank and also decreasing mileage.
These are my experience with Tiago. Hope this will help Tiago users.
- 47 Likes
- 4 Dislikes