Nightmarish experience with Tata Motors being a Tata employee

By for Tata Manza from Kolkata 2011-08-23 15:26:13.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Huge boot space, wheel caps and spacious interiors, nice well lit cabin lights

Cons : Very clumsy job with dashboard, AC very medicore nothing like Hyundai, no slot for drivers leg rest

Booked a Tata Manza Aqua diesel with KB Motors Kolkata on 15th July 2011. Initial delivery commitment was within 11 days of order. Ultimately received delivery on 13th August. When I received the car I saw some features like collapsible steering/tilt steering missing, external rear view mirrors are supposed to be body color and they were not. Immediately I called Tata Motors Regional Sales Manager in Kolkata. He said features in the car can be changed at will by the manufacturer and that is written as a fine print in the brochure.  moreover, the engine is making a tremendous amount of noice in 2nd and 3rd gear. I am told that I have to park the car for service for a couple of days. Why would a 1 week old car need service. additionally the dealer is yet to give me the service coupons. I have bought about 7 cars in my life so far and this is the first time I am seeing service coupons missing from the car manual. Beware buyers, DO NOT BUY ANY TATA MOTORS CAR. All this I am saying being a senior Tata employee.

• Shrishail K Kulloli |23 Aug,2011 06:02:02 PM

I think u are correct actually i too dont like tata cars

• gaurav |23 Aug,2011 10:52:04 PM

ya actually all the tata cars are on taxi and no car is a family car and mostly they need repairs i prefer in diesel either go for toyota or fiat they are best

• sandeep kumar |24 Aug,2011 01:09:22 PM

ya ur very right . i am also suffering from my new vista qudrajet . W e are dam sure that its a test drive vehicle and within 5 months of purchse we visited more than 50 times to the workshop . Dam hell .

• Manoj |24 Aug,2011 11:22:52 PM

Tata still not learning lessons even after global players entered into India market.. They think Indian auto buyers are fool rather Tata engineers are incapable to do any job... Global players have done R&D for years and coming up design and technology.. Tata still thinks that just making a cheap product can attract indian market... Consumer court action should be very stringent like other western countries.. Atleast then Tata will pay for any damages for customers.. I have seen many people suffering from Tata products.. A simple reply from the company is Just leave the car for fix/testing whatever... till they fix, we should go in what Rickshaw... idiots... go to consumer court and pull them for all damagers...

Kaushik |29 Aug,2011 10:05:12 PM

I am suing them. Will keep yall updated about the developments. But do spread the word and ask your friends, family NEVER to buy Tata cars.

• suresh |29 Aug,2011 03:31:57 PM

u r correct..i too had the same bitter exp when i got my manza delivered..

• ROSHAN GEORGE |27 Sep,2011 08:46:02 PM

I think this is an issue with the TATA Dealer???

tata |09 Oct,2011 04:22:25 PM

this is true to any tata org. Even govt employees are more efficient.

• Pankaj Kalra |05 Nov,2011 12:37:30 PM

I plan to go for a TATA Manza in a week's time. Is it worth for the money? I am shocked to read the remarks by various people. Should I change my decision and go for other make?

Abhinash Jena |27 Nov,2011 09:43:05 AM

Yes, go for Maruti or Hyundai rather and leave the TATA's to truck drivers and taxi drivers.

• sanjay |15 Dec,2011 10:27:49 AM

why cant they make car's back more beautiful??? car is like wife. we need good one to carry around.having done good job for front why they cant make rear look more stylish??? also this engineering problems just not on. \they made lousy job of one of best design product to take lead. one of my cousin drive indica vista with quadrajet engine and it has superb performance to beat any one available.