About engine

By for Tata Manza from meerut 2012-06-03 18:26:56.0
  • Appearance

Pros : nothing to say

Cons : disappointed

Look and Style   Comfort   Pickup good Mileage 10-15 Best Features space Needs to improve technology of engine and service by the dealers Overall Experience poor, as my car's engine gave up in two and half year and no one in tata company is ready to compansate it despite of extended warrenty........i feel betrayed ,poor service .i hope for better. tried every thing to make up ,experiensing lot of difficulty in coping my daily routine .

• loplop |03 Jun,2012 11:45:37 PM

engine gave up? you got to be kidding. what part of engine gave up? the engine can be repaired unless driven in such a manner that the damage is total. engine can only be damaged if a) driven without engine oil b) driven without proper engine oil c) driven after an accident. if you are that pissed off with tatas, better go to a consumer court and enlighten us with the outcome.

swati tewari |06 Jun,2012 01:02:40 PM

yes its true that engine get damaged when engine is without engine oil,thats do happened to my car. oneday my car suddenly ceases at the highway 5oookm after my 4th service and mechanic told us that there is no engine oil in your car .i was shocked to here that,as on 4th service synthetic engine oil put into the car and there was no leakage either.when we reached service center they gave us a bill of 90,000Rsbut when we asked that the car is under extended warranty they start making lame excuses that you had not changed the engine oil on 3rd service thats why extended warranty will not be given to you.my question is, service centre had never informed us about that engine oil has to be changed,neither they told us on 4th service then why i m the culprit ,why only i have to pay , why not i have a right to make others aware of poor service cetres of tata.

Avishek |06 Jul,2012 12:30:59 PM

If I have to believe you - then it's completely one weird case where it was an accident. I have been driving Tata vehicle for last 07 years and I was always reminded by service center guys about the Oil change, if required. Your logic will be valid if you have the receipt of 3rd / 4th service done and the Oil have not been changed during any of those servicing. The service center guys would always insist for Oil change even if it's not required at that point of time. One last word - Be it Human, Animal or mechanical thing, it's behavior to you would depend upon how u treat it ... U would get respect in return Only and only if u respect ...

loplop |26 Sep,2012 09:18:01 PM

You must have been very unfortunate not to notice engine oil leak while running 5000 KMs. It should have appeared as a pool of oil below your car. Moreover low engine oil warning light is also there in most cars. And then your engine must have shown overheating before it broke down. My sympathies are with you but I am afraid you might have ignored the warning signs. The same could have happened to a BMW/MB/Audi or even Maruti vehicles.

• RAJA |19 Jul,2012 07:02:09 PM

FOR TATA MANZA WE HAVE TO CHANGE THESE THINGS REGULARLY, ENGINE OIL: EVERY 5000KMS CHANGE USE MOBIL 15W40 GEAR OIL : EVERY 20000KMS COOLENT : EVERY 30000KMS AIR FILTER: EVERY 10000KMS OIL FILTER: 5000KMS DEISEL FILTER:10000KMS WHEEL ALIGNMENT AND BALANCING EVERY 4000KMS IF WE FOLLOW THESE THINGS REGULARLY TATA MANZA WILL GIVE THE WONDERFULL PERFORMANCE WITH OUT ANY REPAIRS. IAM FOLLOWING THIS FOR MY MANZA 2011 MODEL ALREADY MY VEICHLE DONE 85000KMS TILL NOW NO ISSUES .IAM HAPPY WITH MY CAR

• prateek kumar |03 Aug,2012 03:59:07 PM

This seems very strange. I have an Indigo for last 2 years and done about 40000 kms on it. All my family members including me learned driving on this car and we never had any issues with the engine. Engine oil change needs to be done after every 10k kms. In your case.. i guess it all leaked off without you noticing (some boulder hitting the underside). I don't think this case can be used to generalise things.