Update to my earlier review -8000 km

By for Tata Indigo eCS from Thrishur 2012-04-01 23:11:17.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Just great

Cons : Nothing to crib about

Look and Style:  This is an update to my earlier review at 4300 km.  I have just finished 8000 km.  Absolutely  no complaints so far.  In fact the milage has increased to 18.7 in city with the AC all the time.  I did a long trip of 350 km and calculated the milage in the highway at 23.6.  Pretty good.   Comfort:  I find it very comfortable, coz I own a Swift.  Defnitly the comfort level and cabin experience in Swift is very very good compared to Indigo, but I find the road presence of my Indigo much better on the road and it is roomy.  I take the Indigo most of the time now instead of the Swift as I drive about 50 km per day and it makes better economic sence.  Also one more thing I noted on the highways is that (I travel mostly on NH 47) when I am in a bigger vehicle I dont get edged off the road compared to what I face in a swift. Indigo has the look and feel of a big car.   Pickup:  The pickup as usual is on the dot, as I am not a race driver I dont need the 0-60 in 6 or 7 seconds.  Very comfortable pickup and when I am doing at 80 km per hour the rpm still remains in the 1800 range.  I dont feel the wobly feel of the swift in the indigo.   Mileage  Absolutely fantastic, as I mentioned I get 18.7 in the city and 23.6 on the highways, thats great news for people like me who travel a lot.   Best Features   Needs to improve   Overall Experience:  Im impressed.

• ravi |24 Jun,2013 06:05:20 PM

hi George can you please tell me is CR4 eng good then TDi or what ? because here many people told me to go for TDi rather then CR4 what do you suggest to go.......

George Mathew |24 Jun,2013 10:27:04 PM

Definitly the CR4 is the latest engine not alone in Tata, but all vehicles in the world. It is called common rail but by different names in different companies like Quadra in Fiat/tata/suzuki, mhawk in Mahindra, and so forth. The TDI engine is the previous generation of engines where it is direct injection, the fuel consumption is higher therefore milage goes down, another thing is the pickup, in common rail engines the pickup is much much faster than direct injection engine (TDI). To make it simple it is like buying a music player with cd player (TDI engine) versus the latest music players with USB port (common rail engine) because after 1 year there will not be music players with CD, (I hope i have made it clear). When you buy a car not alone Tata but any other car of your choice, make sure that it is common rail engine.

• George Mathew |24 Jun,2013 10:48:01 PM

By the way I brought my car in November 2011. It is Tata Indigo CR4 VX version with ABS. It was 6.20 lakhs on road, I think they have increased the price by 1 lakh now.

• G.Raghavendra Rao |19 Feb,2014 02:30:07 PM

I am using Indica GLS Xeta Petrol and LPG from 2008.No problems,giving reasonable mileage.Since my usage has gone up I wish to go for Indica eV2 CR4 OR Indigo eCS CR4 Diesel.