If fuel economy is the only concern - Think twice

By for Tata Indigo eCS from Mumbai 2011-08-10 11:09:43.0
  • Appearance

Pros : Good Space, Easy Driving

Cons : Poor Fuel economy.

Look and Style - V.Good Comfort - V.Good. Enough space for 5 persons and sufficient boot space. Pickup - Not up to the mark with AC on, else ok. Mileage - Poor mileage- About 10 Kmpl in city and 12 Kmpl on highway. Best Features - Comfortable space for 5 people and luggage. Driving position is good and handling of the car is good. Needs to improve - Very important - Mileage. The recent advertisements of Indica eV2 petrol with same engine as Indigo eCS GLX claims 17Kmpl mileage. If Tatas have made any modification to the engine for eV2 then they should carry out the same for their existing Indigo eCS GLX users. The controls of Audio system provided are not of good quality, needs improvement. Overall Experience - Satisfying except for mileage.

• Viren |08 Sep,2011 02:52:35 PM

I got the same car (Indigo eCS) - Diesel, . It is giving me a very good mileage in the range of 16 - 18 in the city and above 20 on highways.

Vijay Naik |12 Sep,2011 09:47:52 AM

Dear Mr.Viren, Your observation is correct for Indigo eCS Lx or Ls i.e. a Diesel car as mentioned by you. The mileage for Indigo eCS Glx and Gls is poor. The USP for Tata Cars is their Diesel engine but is expensive than the petrol car by about 1 lac. Vijay Naik.

sivha |19 Oct,2011 11:24:55 AM

Hi Vijay, Even I have the GLX model. But I am getting around 18 on highways with AC ON always. Check your driving habits or the engine with the service center. If not satisfied with the service center go the mechanic whom you think is good. This could be solved.

Vijay M Naik |21 Nov,2011 10:15:57 AM

Dear Mr.Sivha, I had refered the problem to the service centre but thay could not do much. But I will again get, both my driving tecnhique (although earlier I used to drive a Fiat UNO-petrol and was getting good mileage) and also the engine from some known good mechanic. Thanks for the advise. Vijay Naik.

Prasad |05 Dec,2011 10:45:33 AM

GLX giving 18 KM ...may be you are confused with diesel model...I have GLX Pertrol model which gives me only 9 km in the city.

• Rawal Saxena |19 Nov,2011 05:45:15 PM

I have purchased VX(Top)model in ECS.I am very satisfy from this Sedon car.Good Milage.Comfortable for 5 people & good space for luggage.Need improvement in Audio System quality.Need improvement in Deshboard like tuton.Over all Good decision for purchase this car in this range.I am proud of owner of this car.

abdul |17 Jan,2012 02:13:29 PM

dear rawal i have also bought the same car vx model in oct 2011 but the music system is good only on high volumes but on the low volume we cannot hear the bass. other wise evry thing is excellent in this it gives 25km/pl it is real value for money

I Jamir |29 Mar,2012 07:02:49 PM

I bought my VX in January 2012 and the audio is terrible at loud volumes. Also the audio system (Blaupunkt) drains out the battery if kept idle (without running) in 24 hours time. Also, my car came without the keyless entry system thought it is advertised as having this option. Does anyone have such problems with their cars?

• Rawal Saxena |17 Jan,2012 03:26:10 PM

Dear Abdul, You don't reply about interior of Indigo ecs VX model.What is your opinion about that? If the dashboard will change of this car,the look of interior comes very decent.In music system not good in high volume.Actually the speaker quality is not good.Otherwise the otherthing is Execellent.

• vinit kumar |27 May,2012 11:19:37 AM

i love indigo eCs GLX. driving is so comfortable. with gig-zag diving. with the mileage of more than 15 in city and around 20km/l in highway. Its air condition is also awesome. With big boot space and leg space. i Am loving It . With TATA INDIGO CS eGLX.

Vijay Naik |28 May,2012 10:20:33 AM

Dear Mr.Vinit, 15 Kmpl in city and 20 Kmpl on highway with AC on for a GLX is great. Enjoy. Vijay Naik.