The affordable Tata Indica Vista saves a lot of fuel expenses.

• Appearance

Pros : Stylish exteriors, Spacious and Comfortable, Good Power

Cons : Interiors can be improved, Noise can be reduced

It has been close to nine years that I was driving a petrol engine car. But, with the constant increase in the petrol prices in the country, it has now become very expensive to maintain a petrol car for a middle class person like me. There was no other option but to sell the petrol engine car and buy a diesel vehicle. After a lot of research and consulting my near and dear ones, I decided to buy the Tata Indica Vista Quadrajet ZX. The moment I saw this car, i somehow knew that I will buy it for sure. I am very happy with the exterior looks of the car, which has a sleek design and is compact with ample space for my small family. The mileage is very good and it is easy on the pocket as well to maintain this wonderful car. The kind of features which this Tata Indica has been fitted with is very impressive and almost all the gadgets and convenience features are there, which is required for a hatchback. The engine is powerful and the gear shifts are also smooth and the inside cabin feels a bit noisy when you drive with your windows down. But apart from that, the inside plastics can be improves and certain features like comfortable arm rest and better quality upholstery can be added to improve on the interiors. The space and comfort is good, but there can be some improvement in the seat cushions and a height adjusting option for the driver seat will also be a boon for some drivers I feel. The pickup and acceleration is satisfactory and on the whole, I am quite happy with this car and have plans to use it for at least 5 to 7 years before changing it for another diesel car.

Comments Tata Vista
  • salman |11 Jul,2012 10:23:38 AM

is it available in auto tranmission?

• manu |12 Jul,2012 03:37:08 PM

iam a owner of indica vista, as per my experience its bull shit car

• veer |13 Jul,2012 12:43:27 AM

I'm an owner of new swift VDI, truly saying to describe it there is an old saying ooche daam fike pakwan i bought this car just viewing her market image, but for sure th older one was worth buying. inside cabin noise and plastic quality is damm poor.. and suddenly i got to see the Vista sedan class,.... it is reaaly a worth buying, may be the looks from inside the cabin is not as good as swift, but definitly the plastic quality is far better than swift.. I have driven vista for around 15 km city and highway mix, vista is more comfy than swift, engine is same (fiat sourced) so i cannot comment on that but i found that vista is giving an on road warrntee of 1.5 lakh KM, 4 years vs. swift's 80000 km 4 years. features in the top vista is far more than swift and that too at the cost of atleast 1.25 lakh lesser.. decesion is your.. i'm crying for the swift.....

Sajeesh |13 Jul,2012 11:38:51 AM

you comment is very correct. actually i booked one swift dezire new version and cancelled because of very low leg space if even go for a long drive swift new version is no comfortable. If we are buying a new car about 5-10 lakhs, there is no leg pace nor comfortable what the use? any way we are spending money. they are trying to reduce the vehicle cost but they are also reduce the passengers travel comfortableness. this same thing happened in maruti ertiga vehicle. I have to suggest all swift buyers please check again and again your choice. swift dezire outlook and structure is very attractive but it is not comfortable to travel.

• Surender goud G. |13 Jul,2012 09:24:03 AM

Tata would have come in 1200cc engine for better mileage or they should come features like Rio or Thar. that will be better for city and country side roads.

• Mohit Verma |17 Oct,2012 10:41:42 PM

I agree with you. Vista is the Best Choice

• Venky |06 May,2014 07:50:00 AM

Indica Vista Quadrajet LS purchased on 13-Sep-2013 Issue: Starter problem (Car does not start its own from 03-May-2014)

• Ramesh Chandra Gupta |05 Mar,2015 10:08:44 PM

It is an excellet car but I wanted sell it through Cardekho for buying another model Bullet of Tata itself but the Co has failed to sell it off and now refuse to refund the premium listing fee of Rs 1499/-.Highly immoral. I, therefore, caution people .

Tata Vista review scorecard