Overall Good Car

• Appearance

Pros : New Look

Cons : Gear Performance

Look and Style Better Compared to earlier varients Comfort Good Pickup Good Mileage Average Best Features Valu for Money Overall Experience After a lot of researches and Test Drives, I zoomed on Vista Quadrajet. The most appealling thing was its ultra smooth gearshift. I got my Vista VX  delivered on 16th Sept 11 from RD Motors. Have a drive on 17th. The smootheness of the gear shift is missing in the all new Vista. Fron Look is more appealing than the earlier version. Cockpit and other internal feature including comfort and space is exactly the same. As regards to milage it is too early to comment. I wonder why the gear system is not as smooth as the earlier version. Tata Motor shall look in to it.

Comments Tata Vista
  • sanjay |18 Dec,2011 09:39:01 PM

hi i am also planing to buy the same car from same show room at kolkata. How can u suggest this a good car. Is there any other car at same price in diesel from other company.

Ashesh Biswas |09 Jan,2012 09:51:28 PM

Hi Mr Sanjoy, Maruti Swift VDI is almost in the same price range. I have tested the car. Engine is good. Driving is not as plesant as Vista VX. Seating is crampy in swift. I find Vista VX a better option than Swift. However be careful about RD Motors.

Ritesh Madhok |14 Feb,2012 04:19:41 PM

Infact both the Maruti Swift and the Tata Vista are powered by the same Fiat Multijet Diesel engine.

• Dr BASAVARAJ S |19 Dec,2011 10:37:25 PM

how when compared with desire swift, ford fiesta, please tellme about the one which the best

BISWAS |09 Jan,2012 09:54:21 PM

I have not tested Ford Fiesta as it a Sedan and not in the same price range. However, I find Vista VX a better option than Swift in every sphere. Thank for attention.

• BISWAS |09 Jan,2012 09:58:19 PM

Recently i had a year ending long vacation and have very long drive with my Vista VX (more than 2000 KM). Its performances is found to be excellent. Giving around 18 KMPL on Highway with AC. The engine noise has reduced after second service.

Ritesh Madhok |21 Apr,2012 02:20:05 PM

Good, that you are enjoying riding your Vista VX. Having powered with 1.3L Quadrajet engine and adjustable driver seat, this higher trim level Vista has proven it to be one of the best long route cars of the segment. Cheers!!

• Atul Jain |10 May,2012 01:32:34 PM

want to purchse a car in the range of 6 lacs pls suggest which one will be better.IMp requirement is that car must be diesal version

• Atul Jain |10 May,2012 01:51:39 PM

want to purchase a new car in the range of six lakh.Prim requirement is car must be diseal

Biswas |19 May,2012 10:34:25 PM

Mr Jain I think that Vista Vx or ZX is the most suitable option. This is based on my personal experience ant test drives I do have before I purchased by Vista Vx.

• Himesh |16 Jul,2012 03:47:35 PM

planning to buy a disel car of range about 6 to 7 what would be the best choice among vista vx, shift vdi and hundai i20

Tata Vista review scorecard