My First Indian Car(After 10 others including Toyota,Mitsubishi,Alfa Romeo)

• Appearance

Pros : Spacious,Good Looks,Price,Beige Interior

Cons : Slightly underpowered engine

Got a Tata Indica Vista Terra Petrol(Yes!Petrol!!) on 9th August.So far ,I am satisfied with the car.With my driving habits ,I am getting 18kms/litre on long drives.Did a lot of research for buying my first Brand New Indian Car.(Previous Indian cars I used were Pre Owned).My criteria was spaciousness( for my parents ,wife, 9year old daughter and our maid), affordable price and to an extent good looks.I was not very much into fuel efficiency . The engine at times felt slightly underpowered,but the occassions requiring that power were few and I can live with it.The beige interior makes the travel great.Did compare with Maruti,Hyundai ,Ford but price wise and space wise ,Indica Vista was preferred by me.The car is smooth,delivers more than the mileage promised by the manufacturer(maybe because of my driving , and with mixed use-A/c not always on),and the A/C is good. Overall ,I am satisfied with this car.I would surely recommend this to anyone looking for true VFM! Previous Car Ownership history:Ford Taurus 3.0L 6-Cylinder,Alfa Romeo Twin Spark,Honda CRV,Mitsubishi Nativa 3.0L 6 Cylinder.(Just blowing my trumpet !I am no novice!)

Comments Tata Indica Vista 2008-2013
  • Ajith |06 Sep,2010 12:53:41 PM

I found this review good. I am planning to buy a car for my family in India.

• Ravi Kumar |11 Oct,2010 07:00:47 PM

found this review useful , thanks, i am also planning to buy a new vista but confused on the variants and features, hope fully i shall do some more research before buying the car!!

• Azhar |18 Oct,2010 01:02:19 PM

found the review very useful and authentic, I have gone through it's exteriors & interiors in the showroom and obviously the review increased my inclination towards it. my priority also is a spacious one, fuel efficieny is not a huge concern since my usage is limited. I think with view to the price range it's a clever choice.

• Tarun |23 Oct,2010 02:14:37 PM

Thanks for ur comment. i am planning to buy Indica vista aura(Abs). First of all i am doubtful of is mileage but after ur comment I prefer to buy this car.

• Dr. Prodyut Pal |02 Nov,2010 01:52:21 PM

i am planning to buy vista terra safire (petrol).but i am in dilema wheather to buy this car or go for wagon R Lx.I am 4feet 11inch its also a matter of concern if this terra safire could be a problem for my hight.please reply.i will book my car within 3 please advise me.this is my first car.

• Dr.Pramod Chandran |02 Nov,2010 03:27:52 PM

Dear Dr.Prodyut Pal I believe you meant your height is 5ft 11inch.(I am 5'10).Vista Terra Safire should be OK for you.However ,as this is your first car,I suggest that you take a couple of test drives.Be fully statisfied before you book any car.Same goes for Wagon R.I took my full family (Wife ,daughter and my parents) for the test drive as I wanted their comments as well.I did 3 test drives ,one with a friend (6ft1 inch tall)and his family.Vista Terra has loads of space.The longest I drove in one stretch was a 200km trip and it was really nice.Since I plan to use this car for a at least 5 years,good re sale value was not something I was targeting.Comfort wise-Yes ,this car is really good one in its class.I always shift the gears as per the speed range given in the Owner's Manual and it is giving me 18km/litre on long drives.

• D. John |13 Nov,2010 01:19:25 AM

guys i heared that people in france buy renault cars than foreign cars.why cant we buy mahindra ,tata cars.

• bhupinder |09 Feb,2011 01:54:41 PM

Yes ,its realy cool to drive the features are quite good as compared to other cars in its class,

• Pritesh |07 Jun,2011 05:29:57 PM

This updates are really very useful as I believe in Tata but there are lots of rumors of high maintenance cost and very few service centres and parts availability and quality of materials used. But these reviews are really helpful to make a decision. Thanks.

Tata Indica Vista 2008-2013 review scorecard